Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Magistrike Restraints Stealth Nerf 7.1.5

As of 7.1.5, in addition to the 10% proc nerf, Magistrike Restraints can no longer proc more than once per cast. Even with Havoc.

Prior to the patch I sometimes got 4-6 total Chaos Bolts out of a single Havoc Chaos Bolt cast, however now you can't get more than 3.

The one additional bracer bolt can peoc off either havoc or the original bolt, but not from both.

This is a huge nerf and went undocumented, it makes the legendary pretty bad, which is fine, but if I'd known about it I would've put more effort into off specs.

I've made tweets to no avail to the devs. I don't know if this is intentional or a bug, but if anyone can find out that'd help a lot.

I just checked my logs from last night and indeed the Magistrike Restraints looks horrible ... On Cenarius M before the patch - 37 chaos bolt casts - 11 from Magistrike. After the patch I have 33 chaos bolt casts and only freaking 3 from magistrike ... That looks really bad. The numbers are the same for Ursoc M. On dragons M - 44 casts and 17 from Magi; after the patch 50 casts and only 5 from Magistrike. I think they are valuable now only if you have adds up all the time /like 90% of the time/ which makes them very very very situational /and also not that good / for raiding

Deleted
    Didn't pay attention to it, from my logs :

Now :
    Cenarius MM : 36 CB casted, 55 hits and only 4 CB from the bracer ...
    +2.33% dmg

Before :
    Cenarius MM : 39 CB casted, 61 hits and 7 CB from the bracer
    +3.94% dmg
    => Or maybe i'm just totaly unlucky

So in essence Magistrike Restraints got nerfed by roughly 70%? That's really heavy-handed for a legendary that was only BiS in specific fights... Guess it's time to put it in the bank.

Deleted
    I have tested extensively on dummies and I'm 100% sure about it.

You CANNOT get more than 1 bolt from the bracers now even when havocing, whereas before I saw up to 4 extra per cast.

I'm sure theres more to it from your logs such as cleave uptime.

Deleted
    This has to be a bug or an error. You cannot just simply nerf so hard a legendary for a class that already has big problems to step beside the rest and because yes.
    If its intended, we are talking about the biggest nerf to any legendary. For destro locks.
    Jeez, feels like kicking the class into the trashcan.

Even though I play destro quite often I have no intention of ever setting my loot spec to destro. Every destro legendary seems terrible. I have the demo bracers and prydaz which does me just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlague View Post
    This has to be a bug or an error. You cannot just simply nerf so hard a legendary for a class that already has big problems to step beside the rest and because yes.
    If its intended, we are talking about the biggest nerf to any legendary. For destro locks.
    Jeez, feels like kicking the class into the trashcan.
    yeah man maybe they also should have fixed destro singletarget struggle by giving the new shoulders +50% dmg increase instead of 15%
    Kappa

the bracers were too strong, i'm glad they got nerfed

Deleted
    From my logs :

(before vs after in % of total dmg)
    Dragon : 1.89% / 8.25%
    Il gynoth : 5.32% / 10.89%
    Cenarius : 2.33% / 6.96%
    Xavius 3.63% / 13.96%

So it way more than the 33% nerf.

It was surely overpowered tho, so it's not a problem got nerfed like this, legendaries should not be that OP like Magistrike was for any cleave encounter.

Now it's probably on par with the rest of legendaries (but Shoulders).

Problem is it did/does nothing in many encounters and was overpowered in others. I think it’s ok they wanted to tone down the situations where it’s effective, but without compensation for the situations where it’s not, the extent of the nerf does not make sense.

i.e. It got the same nerf as feretory despite the fact that feretory is useful on every fight. That doesn’t make sense to me

Nythendra, Elerethe, Odyn, Guarm – magistrike does literally nothing
    Ursoc – does very little.

That’s half the fights released so far. Looking roughly similar in Nighthold.

I hadn't noticed this, but it does make sense. My bracers only accounted for 8mil damage on my Helya reclear this week opposed to somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 million.

Deleted
    And there goes the one destro legendary I was happy about.

Sephuz is now the best one I own by far. I remember the disappointment I felt when it dropped, didn't expect it to be both the strongest and most entertaining to play with (even if I've mixed feelings about having to proc it from dispels which feels pretty dicey on some fights like Helya / Guarm when a poor dispel can cause issues).

Makes me wonder how big the difference is with Odr, especially on fights with a mix of ST / cleave phases like Helya.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2017-01-12 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    And there goes the one destro legendary I was happy about.

Sephuz is now the best one I own by far. I remember the disappointment I felt when it dropped, didn't expect it to be both the strongest and most entertaining to play with (even if I've mixed feelings about having to proc it from dispels which feels pretty dicey on some fights like Helya / Guarm when a poor dispel can cause issues).
    Dispelling on Helya suddenly got a whole lot more fun for me this week. In particular I get Sephuz proc during lust, potion, berserking, doomguard, Soul harvest and the first Mariner during mythic Helya. k_hand:

Deleted
    Magistrike is dead now, even in cleave it does close to nothing. Shoulders+Belt/Demo bracers will be the best combination to have. Really sad about this, guess its time to join the affliction hype train.

They deserved a nerf because they were flat out OP, the 33% nerf was fair, hell a 50% nerf would've still been fair and left them in a good place. This amounts to around a 70% nerf, for something that is supposed to be a niche berry.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, now I'm free to reroll Affliction, since my only good legendary has been reduced to garbage.

Deleted
    that is just too much.

I do not have them, but I feel like the nerf is over the top for a legendary that is very situational.

I thought they said something about wanting "situational" legendary items to feel powerful when they can actually be utilized...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    I thought they said something about wanting "situational" legendary items to feel powerful when they can actually be utilized...
    It's Blizzard, they have no idea what they want.