Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihas View Post
    God forbid we actually have competitive DPS for once. S Priests are sustaining 1.3 Million DPS on Xavius higher end of 800k on Ursoc while we are barely breaking 800k on Ursoc.. But please let us focus on the buffs that the Ret pallies need.
    The overreaction is strong in this one.

The damage anyone's done this week is mostly irrelevant, since we're getting set bonuses from Nighthold next week. If we get lucky drops, that is.
    The numbers we're seeing this week are basically out of context, since they're tuned around with the set bonuses in mind.

Calm down and wait until you get to compare everyone's numbers with the set bonuses in Nighthold boss fights.

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    just when I get my legendary it' getting nerfed the next day -.-
    Still BiS and will only get stronger from NH gear.

Getting real tired of nerf/buff nerf/buff every patch blizz nerf something good about us and now when the 10% nerf to both out BiS leg and ES no way we will beable to keep up with DH/Warr/Enh Shammy/Locks

Quote Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
    Still BiS and will only get stronger from NH gear.
    I was just thinking about this actually, in particular the Convergence of Fates trinket from Grand Magistrix Elisande. This will reduce the CD on Crusade potentially every time you attack, which means it'll be almost permanent wings/damage buff (depending on how many Avenging Wrath relics you use). So what this also means is the value of Chain of Thrayn goes up significantly if you also have this trinket.

Making a spec's DPS wildly fluctuate based on a couple items and their synergy, however, is just shitass design and a severe lack of foresight, but I digress.
    Quote Originally Posted by loneeagle85 View Post
    Getting real tired of nerf/buff nerf/buff every patch blizz nerf something good about us and now when the 10% nerf to both out BiS leg and ES no way we will beable to keep up with DH/Warr/Enh Shammy/Locks
    Execution Sentence was stupidly good with a high Haste %; much like Chain was dominating other legendaries, ES was blowing Final Verdict out of the water, and was even worth using over Consecrate in many AoE situations with large adds.
    Last edited by Bormec; 2017-01-14 at 04:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bormec View Post
    I was just thinking about this actually, in particular the Convergence of Fates trinket from Grand Magistrix Elisande. This will reduce the CD on Crusade potentially every time you attack, which means it'll be almost permanent wings/damage buff (depending on how many Avenging Wrath relics you use). So what this also means is the value of Chain of Thrayn goes up significantly if you also have this trinket.

Making a spec's DPS wildly fluctuate based on a couple items and their synergy, however, is just shitass design and a severe lack of foresight, but I digress.
    The trinket reduces the CD of wings by 30-40 secs, so no there will be no "perma-wings" rofl. 11/10 theorycrafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    The trinket reduces the CD of wings by 30-40 secs, so no there will be no "perma-wings" rofl. 11/10 theorycrafter.
    Okay so that was hyperbole on my part. But with Wrath of the Ashbringer relics and the trinket, the uptime increases a lot, thus pulling more value out of Chain.
    Last edited by Bormec; 2017-01-14 at 04:47 PM.

Eh. Was fun while it lasted.

Execution Sentence was stupidly good with a high Haste %; much like Chain was dominating other legendaries, ES was blowing Final Verdict out of the water, and was even worth using over Consecrate in many AoE situations with large adds.
    Actualy it was a better idea to use an active spell pure single target talent for single target rather than an hybrid passive. Well we will go back into set and forget FV FeelsBadMan.

Are people really complaining about having Chains? It's still a DPS Legendary and still a good increase especially with the upcoming trinket. I'll trade Bracers/Helm/Prydaz any day of the week for Chains.

Quote Originally Posted by Soultics View Post
    Are people really complaining about having Chains? It's still a DPS Legendary and still a good increase especially with the upcoming trinket. I'll trade Bracers/Helm/Prydaz any day of the week for Chains.
    Same here. Chains are still one of the BiS, despite de (much needed) nerf. It's still a DPS improvement over a bunch of legendaries (Aggramar, Prydaz, Sephuz, the helm, Shield of Vengeance bracers). A DPS bonus is a bonus, no matter if that bonus is 10% or 20%.

Well, that was a fun few days. God forbid we're in the top 3 on a raid.
    Heh, if you think reaching that because of a single RNG based item is proper design, well eh..
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

even a 10% dmg increase is still ridiculous considering some dps specs have dps-negative legendaries lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    even a 10% dmg increase is still ridiculous considering some dps specs have dps-negative legendaries lmao
    This is super relevant. Even at half the power Chain is still super good. I think people may look at this and think it's a huge hit to their DPS but frankly Ret dps legendaries are in a fine spot.

We all knew 20% dps was too good to be true, and it was. No big surprise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loneeagle85 View Post
    We're barely getting nerfed and parses with Set bonuses/spec trinkets have yet to come out. We're going to be just fine.

Probably not top dps but I'm betting we'll be towards top of melee regardless with how ridic crusade scaling is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    Where do you get the 30-40 figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Where do you get the 30-40 figure?
    Its 4.2 ppm for Ret so on average you're looking at atleast 30 sec reduction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    That's pretty... Crazy. A back-of-the-envelope calculation tells me that amounts to a 11% overall dps increase (assuming 35 seconds).

Hahahaha I finally got my first legendary... this guy, and it's about to get nerfed. Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: Question, with this legendary, should I aim to have all my ashbringer relics extend duration of Wings?
    Last edited by Sungamnori; 2017-01-15 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sungamnori View Post
    Hahahaha I finally got my first legendary... this guy, and it's about to get nerfed. Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: Question, with this legendary, should I aim to have all my ashbringer relics extend duration of Wings?
    Chain is still BiS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sungamnori View Post

Should aim that anyways, 7.5 additional seconds of Crusade is enormous even without the belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ret got nerfed pretty badly. First ES change and now this. What a shame...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.