Unhappy Please, not the Sacrolash's Dark Strike

Fishing for Aff legendaries right now, and i got this freaking thing....
    After 7.1.5, almost all the legendaries are valuable at some point,
    Can someone please tell me at what situation is Sacrolash' Dark Strike supposed to feel useful?

The stats are awful on the thing, it has no interllect, even the 940 version has only 200 more mastery than a 885 ring....Someone said its for M+, you can slow the adds to tanks can kite, it makes no sense because all tanks have aoe slows and stuns of some sort, and you dont even need to slow the adds in most of the affixes anyway.

Do you think there is a chance Blizz is gonna do something about it? Cuz right now, it feels absolutely useless.
    Last edited by sd2400533; 2017-01-22 at 02:28 AM.

Deleted
    That's just how life is, most legendaries are useless but it's pretty good for M+, not many classes have permanent 60% slow (especially useful in necrotic).
    The stats ain't bad for affliction.

I'm pretty sure this thing exists to piss people off in world pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I'm pretty sure this thing exists to piss people off in world pvp.
    Yeah, thats the only thing i can think of too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Samerius View Post
    That's just how life is, most legendaries are useless but it's pretty good for M+, not many classes have permanent 60% slow (especially useful in necrotic).
    The stats ain't bad for affliction.
    If i am not mistaken, Prot warrior and blood dk also have permanent 50% slow (you have to use the ablitiy on CD of course), not sure about Pal and bear.

Deleted
    As a fellow owner of this ring I can say it is extremely useful for Necrotic/Skittish weeks on m+ and high botanist in nighthold for slowing the plants and the stats are actually pretty decent crit/mastery for aff lock is really good, but yes it's not the hood so it sucks in comparison BUT it definitely has its uses and really excels in its niche.

Quote Originally Posted by sd2400533 View Post
    Fishing for Aff legendaries right now, and i got this freaking thing....
    After 7.1.5, almost all the legendaries are valuable at some point,
    Can someone please tell me at what situation is Sacrolash' Dark Strike supposed to feel useful?

The stats are awful on the thing, it has no interllect, even the 940 version has only 200 more mastery than a 885 ring....Someone said its for M+, you can slow the adds to tanks can kite, it makes no sense because all tanks have aoe slows and stuns of some sort, and you dont even need to slow the adds in most of the affixes anyway.

Do you think there is a chance Blizz is gonna do something about it? Cuz right now, it feels absolutely useless.
    The stats are awful on the thing, it has no interllect, even the 940 version has only 200 more mastery than a 885 ring
    it has no interllect
    interllect
    this made me giggle for about five minutes

what can I say, I am a simple man

Deleted
    This ring is so damn useful and offers alot of utility for your raid. I had the same feeling as you first, but the slow is so useful in dungeons and raids.

In raids I used it at Nightmare Dragons, Il'Gynoth, Cenarius and Xavius to slow the adds. It was so much more easier at Nightmare dragond while all the ghosts are slowed. At Ilgynoth I slowed thr adds when they were stacked in front of the eye so people could kite them more easily. At cenarius the whisps were slowed down which made them easier to kill and they wouldn't even reach their target. At Xavius the adds in phase 2 couldnt even reach the boss thanks to the slow.

In this tier its gonna shine on tichondrius spellblade and botanists.

In high mythic+ it can be used for tanks to reset necrotic stacks or just to kite mobs.

Its really useful and when you already have alot of mastery, the crit becomes useful too!

it's a very good ring. a perma 60% snare on mobs is a really big deal. No tank can snare like that. I can solo shit in m+ while dragging it over to my group. I can save wipes by kiting back to res spots if tanks die. The stats are actually very good. Crit is valuable for affliction. It's by no means the best legendary, but it has its uses for sure, and it fills a niche that nobody else in the game can fill.

Deleted
    Its generally abysmal but it does have a few very niche uses, specifically in M+ with necrotic if your tank misses his slows, and its pretty for soloing. Unfortunately from raid viability pov you effectively just got your bad luck protection reset for nothing.

Honestly after a dps legendary I want this ring so bad, even if it doesn't have interllect on it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's ok, I got my 5th legendary today after looting in aff spec for the past month and a half, and after getting two useless destro ones early in the expansion.

Prydaz.

Guess I get to try again in 2-3 months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Advo View Post
    That's ok, I got my 5th legendary today after looting in aff spec for the past month and a half, and after getting two useless destro ones early in the expansion.

Prydaz.

Guess I get to try again in 2-3 months.
    Better luck than I've had - I got the UA affliction bracers which are unimpactful as hell. Isn't Prydaz pretty top tier for all 3 specs due to the massive stat allocation on it?

the stats are pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Better luck than I've had - I got the UA affliction bracers which are unimpactful as hell. Isn't Prydaz pretty top tier for all 3 specs due to the massive stat allocation on it?
    Affliction is not that rely on one or two legendaries that for sure, i have a friend who has the power cord and the UA bracer, i don't see him out-perform me in most of the situation, we have similar level or ilevel.
    Thanks for all the advice and info, i am sure i can find its usefulness. better luck getting the hood or the clock next time

Deleted
    Ffs all people care is numbers. This ring is insane and i hope to get it someday. High m+ will be so much easier
    Holy shit

I want it for Necrotic.

Quote Originally Posted by sd2400533 View Post
    Yeah, thats the only thing i can think of too.

- - - Updated - - -

If i am not mistaken, Prot warrior and blood dk also have permanent 50% slow (you have to use the ablitiy on CD of course), not sure about Pal and bear.
    Bear does, not sure about pally. Bear artifact makes it so Thrash slows enemies by 50% and thrash has a 100% uptime.

Just to give Brewmaster an honorable mention! They have Keg Smash which is a permanent slow 50% slow and it's an essential part of their rotation.