Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Österreich or Austria for the english speaking
    finaly we get a Transmog Set Tab i allways wondered why it was not there from the begining. ^^

Oh It was hard to remember with piece of tier set i had now its so easy to farm them !!!

About time, but I feel bad for the guy that wrote the "Set Collector" addon. And all the time I spent researching the PvP sets so that I could mod my addon files and track my old season gear :|

Quote Originally Posted by Isendar View Post
    Oh here comes the Alienware hate again.

I always wanted an Alienware since I first took notice of them back in 1999. I didn't end up purchasing one until 2010! It was a display model at my local Micro Center. I trusted that it was working well since it had been on display for nearly a year and I had tried it out a few times on a few intense games. I never ever had any problems with it in the 6 years that I owned it. Display model cost me $1k

My dream has been to buy a dual gpu 17" Alienware laptop. So when the M18x came out, I waited nearly 6 month after release and extensive reviews and ordered one from Dell. It arrived and I still love how powerful and huge the screen is, even today. I did have one issue with it, but I was able to bypass a known, minor sound card issue that had to do with the mobo. I could have gotten a refund and exchanged for another new laptop, but it would have the same issue if I tried to use the SP/DIF to 3.5mm audio adapter bent pin on mobo connection issue. Nonetheless I was happy with my $3k purchase.

Finally I wanted an upgrade to my Area 51 desktop so I bought the previous gen Area 51 desktop (mode right before the triad design) from a Texas reseller and refurbished for $1k used. Added in a new GTX 970 and it runs everything flawlessly (video card issues from time to time, but that's Nvidias or the board manufacturers fault)

I've heard horror stories about Alienware systems that won't even boot out the box but that hasn't been my experience. I plan to purchase a new Aurora desktop after I publish my first novel and receive some money for it. And if the system should have issues (I never purchase he basic warranty anyways) then I will work with Dell to get it resolved or get my money back!
    The problem isn't that Alienware doesn't work (it does), but it is kinda like Apple - it works, it is expensive, but it is an easy sollution that is OK for most people. You could build a computer that works just as great as Alienware, but cheaper, but then you have to put in the hours of finding the right parts, putting it all together and make it all work. With Alienware (and other ready-built computers), you simply buy, and it's good to go.

Never understood why people got a need to hate on Apple, Alienware, or anything really. If the person who got the item can afford it, why the fuck shouldn't he just do it simple? Building computers isn't for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    The problem isn't that Alienware doesn't work (it does), but it is kinda like Apple - it works, it is expensive, but it is an easy sollution that is OK for most people. You could build a computer that works just as great as Alienware, but cheaper, but then you have to put in the hours of finding the right parts, putting it all together and make it all work. With Alienware (and other ready-built computers), you simply buy, and it's good to go.

Never understood why people got a need to hate on Apple, Alienware, or anything really. If the person who got the item can afford it, why the fuck shouldn't he just do it simple? Building computers isn't for everyone.
    The major difference between Alienware and Apple is that with Apple you get a machine and OS that are custom made to work extremely well together, while Alienware is just overpriced PC in a fancy case. It's basically like watch. All keep time the same (arguably decent quartz watch even better than most mechanical watches) but you still see people with super expensive watches and people hating on it.
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2017-01-23 at 08:47 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Its cool to see Dungeon sets return, the problem is though unless they are better than LFR tier they will just be DE fodder, and there hasn't been a dungeon set on par with tier since Vanilla.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol..wow..I knew Mmo-Champ sold out years ago....But damn this takes the cake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isendar View Post
    Oh here comes the Alienware hate again.

I always wanted an Alienware since I first took notice of them back in 1999. I didn't end up purchasing one until 2010! It was a display model at my local Micro Center. I trusted that it was working well since it had been on display for nearly a year and I had tried it out a few times on a few intense games. I never ever had any problems with it in the 6 years that I owned it. Display model cost me $1k

My dream has been to buy a dual gpu 17" Alienware laptop. So when the M18x came out, I waited nearly 6 month after release and extensive reviews and ordered one from Dell. It arrived and I still love how powerful and huge the screen is, even today. I did have one issue with it, but I was able to bypass a known, minor sound card issue that had to do with the mobo. I could have gotten a refund and exchanged for another new laptop, but it would have the same issue if I tried to use the SP/DIF to 3.5mm audio adapter bent pin on mobo connection issue. Nonetheless I was happy with my $3k purchase.

Finally I wanted an upgrade to my Area 51 desktop so I bought the previous gen Area 51 desktop (mode right before the triad design) from a Texas reseller and refurbished for $1k used. Added in a new GTX 970 and it runs everything flawlessly (video card issues from time to time, but that's Nvidias or the board manufacturers fault)

I've heard horror stories about Alienware systems that won't even boot out the box but that hasn't been my experience. I plan to purchase a new Aurora desktop after I publish my first novel and receive some money for it. And if the system should have issues (I never purchase he basic warranty anyways) then I will work with Dell to get it resolved or get my money back!
    Alienware make top end hardware, the stuff they come out with is absolutely amazing. Sadly the price tag is always a bit too steep to go for. I'd personally rather just build my PC from the ground up, which I've been doing since I was about 13 Either way I can see the appeal as they're beautiful to look at and generally come with top end hardware. People who hate on Alienware are normally on the anti-hype train and are just blindly following what others are saying.

Also Dell have some of the BEST support possible, if you purchase the pro support they really hook you up. Literally next day on-site on everything, unless there's a part shortage then generally they guarantee 5 working days. If they can't replace the part or fail to attend 3 times they just replace the entire machine, while generally upgrading the machine if some time has passed since originally purchasing it. We annually order 100-150 laptops with Dell and the support is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Its cool to see Dungeon sets return, the problem is though unless they are better than LFR tier they will just be DE fodder, and there hasn't been a dungeon set on par with tier since Vanilla.
    I don't think I ever saw someone in my guild eschew a Tier set for a Dungeon set of the same 'tier' of content back in the day. I mean, unless they broke a set bonus, but that did not mean that the sets themselves were on par.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    I don't think I ever saw someone in my guild eschew a Tier set for a Dungeon set of the same 'tier' of content back in the day. I mean, unless they broke a set bonus, but that did not mean that the sets themselves were on par.
    DS2 was easily as good/better then T1 for a lot of classes.

finally! after years of ugly hunter sets.. these new mail dungeon set is a fantastic piece of art!
    Last edited by Arvandor; 2017-01-23 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    DS2 was easily as good/better then T1 for a lot of classes.
    I remember that being the case for some because of how a lot of T1 sets were pidgeonholed into one spec, making DS2 better for the other specs of the class, but that can't be the case anymore today.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I remember that being the case for some because of how a lot of T1 sets were pidgeonholed into one spec, making DS2 better for the other specs of the class, but that can't be the case anymore today.
    Yes, that was my point.

I agree. All hunter sets are so fugly it's ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean.....that red plate dungeon set.....

Looks absolutely amazing....

Can't wait

The plate set could have been a tier set imo.

Holy fuck. Please tell me my druid will be able to wear the silver and bronze sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alienware, where people spend thousands of dollars instead of an hour of research

Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    They are only dungeon sets.
    Transmog made them lazy. Gear has sucked in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reek View Post
    Transmog made them lazy. Gear has sucked in Legion.
    All the best looking stuff is put in to mythic raids.