Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post
    So you have to resort to name calling because you can't debate. Also en vogue because of Trump. I continue to be not surprised.
    I'm not resorting to anything. You didn;t make a good argument. Your post didn't make sense and it was redundant. I'm not a trump supporter, and I'm sorry you can't think of anything real to say.

The whole thing of cat calling women is pretty odd. New Yorkers are so sissy these days, they need to man up and go back to using clubs to get their women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    You could have been raped!!
    More like crushed.

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    I'm not resorting to anything. You didn;t make a good argument. Your post didn't make sense and it was redundant. I'm not a trump supporter, and I'm sorry you can't think of anything real to say.
    My post was very simple, and had clarity. I'm sorry you have reading comprehension problems. Hopefully where ever you live there are educational services to help you. If you live in the US though with Trump's choice of Secretary of Education reading may no longer be offered as mandatory learning though so best hurry up!

My post was very simple, and had clarity. I'm sorry you have reading comprehension problems. Hopefully where ever you live there are educational services to help you. If you live in the US though with Trump's choice of Secretary of Education reading may no longer be offered as mandatory learning though so best hurry up!
    Your post was clearly written, but doesn't actually make any sense. It has no proof, no backup arguments, nothing. It was a dense thing to say.

7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    Your post was clearly written, but doesn't actually make any sense. It has no proof, no backup arguments, nothing. It was a dense thing to say.
    I'm sorry you had trouble with it. Better luck next time.

Since when did people have a right not to be offended? FFS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Literally never seen it happen here in Northern Ireland (excluding drunks late at night). I've seen people laying on the road, walking around with a limp like an extra from shawn of the dead, black out drunk at noon, walking around in costumes, and a plethora of other weird shit. Not one time have I heard someone catcalling.

My opinion of catcalling is the same as most things when it comes to sexism.

Its only sexist if men do it, and its only sexist if that man is unattractive.

But lets say its everywhere - for the sake of argument lets say that this is common place. That most men - no, all men do this. Lets say all men cat call any woman they find attractive. What is the ultimate problem? It makes women uncomfortable? I have pretty crippling social anxiety. I get panic attacks if too many cars pass by me on my way to work, for example. Is this the fault of the drivers? Should the drivers take an alternate route? No - this is merely my brains irrational reaction to a non-issue. I do not blame anyone for triggering a panic attack in me because they looked at me while driving past me. I blame the part of my brain that is malfunctioning.

So what other immediate problem could occur? I honestly can't think of one. So unless someone can chime in with another one, i'll have to assume its either a long term over arching societal problem, or no problem at all.

In terms of large scale problems, we're of course talking about western society's perception and standards of women. Now, right off the bat, if we're going to talk about this, we're going to need to include the very similar, if not identical standards that men have. You know - no beards, just stubble. Muscley but not too muscley, short hair, short sides and back, tightly fitting clothes, around 5'8 to 6'2 tall. Is catcalling the cause of this perception or standard? No - it isn't. Catcalling is a result of these perceptions and standards. A group of drunk women will catcall most guys that pass them. Walk around town on a friday night if you don't believe me. This is just something drunk people do.

So again, to recap. The problems of catcalling are

1. Self imposed problems, such as anxiety
    2. Problems caused by the collective interest of the west in well-built men and slender women.

Again I do not see the problem. I, once again, see rich women-children (why does woman-child seem so weird, but man-child rolls off the tongue?) who probably haven't encountered a real problem in their lives, ever, and so analyze everything around them in an attempt to create non-issues to complain about. This reeks of entitlement. You want everyone around you to behave exactly as you want them to, because lets face it - your parents and your baby sitters in your upper middle class / upper class home probably didn't question you much either. You don't understand what rejection or opposition is, because you've been in free fall for the past 18-24 years. Now, at last, you're encountering human beings with spines and you turn to these people, your turquise hair and beany perched on your disgruntled face and tell them "stop doing that, NOW!" and what do they do? They look at you, with a face like someone let off a stink bomb and tell you to fuck right off.
    So you think this ONLY happens to upperclass women? Lmao damn you really have no clue.

I'm sorry you had trouble with it. Better luck next time.
    I've had no trouble, its just a bad post, bad point, isn't a sound argument, etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've had no trouble, its just a bad post, bad point, isn't a sound argument, etc.
    Using Trump's own words isn't a sound argument ok got it.

People who yell/whistle to beautiful women are borderline insane in my book. What is the purpose of making such a fool out of yourself? "She will fuck a total stranger like me, because I told her that she looks good!". At any rate, it's rude and makes many women feel unsafe or annoyed, I hope it goes away forever.
    Mother pus bucket!

Using Trump's own words isn't a sound argument ok got it.
    Trump literally stated "my behavior will legitimize deplorable behavior, its okay to cat call and pussy grab?"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    So some guys try to horseshoe theory cat-calling.

Anyone else notice, that its only libertarian guys that bring up horseshoe theory. Its like a crutch to excuse their bad behavior
    As a libertarian, I despise this sort of behavior. When I was brought up, my mom taught me not to act like an animal, and if I were to ignore her and do it anyway, would have received a firm smack to remind me about correct behavior.

Cat-calling is prepubescent-ly immature. No person wants a stranger to whoop and holler at them, ever. If you find someone attractive, say so in a clear, concise, respectful manner. Also, the very nature of cat-calling suggests that you may be attracted to that person SOLELY on their physical body and face, which is objectifying, which *spoiler* women hate.

inb4: m'lady / white knight

Just act decent and have respect.

edit: Would you say what you're thinking about saying to that stranger, if your mother was standing beside you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    People who yell/whistle to beautiful women are borderline insane in my book. What is the purpose of making such a fool out of yourself? "She will fuck a total stranger like me, because I told her that she looks good!". At any rate, it's rude and makes many women feel unsafe or annoyed, I hope it goes away forever.
    bump, well said

Ya know what, one more thing.

Cat-calling is like begging on the street for spare change, but for asking for a woman's attention. It's sad, disrespectful, and a waste of time.
    Last edited by Maletalana; 2017-01-23 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    So you think this ONLY happens to upperclass women? Lmao damn you really have no clue.
    How could you read his post and come to that conclusion? He gave an anecdotal example of perhaps how middle/upper class women (you left out middle) could develop such a sense of entitlement that they could censure and then silence that person from speaking in public.

The meat of it was : "Its only sexist if men do it, and its only sexist if that man is unattractive." Interact with that idea instead.
    We all have biases, and it's important to take care of them (I'm not asking you to do anything I don't do myself).

7+ Year Old Account
    Trump literally stated "my behavior will legitimize deplorable behavior, its okay to cat call and pussy grab?"
    Oh boy, I guess I am going to have to explain very simply for Trump supporters and defenders out there. Especially with the attack on education this is going to be more common sadly.

My implication that Trump would set a bad example for how to treat women has a few examples. We could start with the hot mic "grabbing pussy comment" (which as we know was a genuine private moment for Trump), or we could parade through his lists of Trophy Wives or his borderline pedo-behavior of stalking teenage Ms. America Pageant contestants while they were changing clothes. We could even dive into the court documents detailing Ivana's complaints against Trump during their divorce.

So the examples of Trump's personal behavior/philosophy towards women is pretty clear. Now what about the other part of my implication? That Trump will have an effect on everyone else? That the president leads by example? How about this video;

These are school children chanting "Build a Wall", much to the enjoyment of their minority classmates I'm sure. So if children can ingest Trump's immigration policy, it's that much of a stretch that male children will take cues from him as to how to treat women? That they won't look at him and think "This is the President of the United States, this is a man to look up to"?

You know if people actually paid attention to what was going on, this explanation wouldn't be needed.

Oh boy, I guess I am going to have to explain very simply for Trump supporters and defenders out there. Especially with the attack on education this is going to be more common sadly.

My implication that Trump would set a bad example for how to treat women has a few examples. We could start with the hot mic "grabbing pussy comment" (which as we know was a genuine private moment for Trump), or we could parade through his lists of Trophy Wives or his borderline pedo-behavior of stalking teenage Ms. America Pageant contestants while they were changing clothes. We could even dive into the court documents detailing Ivana's complaints against Trump during their divorce.

So the examples of Trump's personal behavior/philosophy towards women is pretty clear. Now what about the other part of my implication? That Trump will have an effect on everyone else? That the president leads by example? How about this video;

These are school children chanting "Build a Wall", much to the enjoyment of their minority classmates I'm sure. So if children can ingest Trump's immigration policy, it's that much of a stretch that male children will take cues from him as to how to treat women? That they won't look at him and think "This is the President of the United States, this is a man to look up to"?

You know if people actually paid attention to what was going on, this explanation wouldn't be needed.

WTF does this do with cat calling? There are like a dozen Trump threads on the front page.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Did I say catcalling started with Trump? Or was I implying that a Trump presidency would legitimize an otherwise deplorable behavior?
    How would Trump legitimize a deplorable behavior? Did Nixon Legitimize breaking and entering? Only a fool would think this way.

Typical Trump supporter with little to no critical thinking or reading skills. Don't you have children to save from a pedophile pizza shop?
    Didn't vote for Trump but I hope he succeeds, to bad you're acting immature and responding with insults, should I say typical Hillary Supporter? I won't because I like to think most are way more mature than you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    People who yell/whistle to beautiful women are borderline insane in my book. What is the purpose of making such a fool out of yourself? "She will fuck a total stranger like me, because I told her that she looks good!".
    Of course it's pointless. Very much so. But some people just fail to realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    Thats an interesting summary

I came to this thread expecting cats to be called. Either for petting or feeding or warning but alas I am empty handed. The other side would have been cats being excited or just lazy bastards.

So here you go: