Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    MMOC needs its own political sub forum then Gen-OT can be fun again

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    So, people that don't have a passion for politics should be forced to suffer through it congesting the Gen-OT?
    I was making a joke.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Genn's got it covered today

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Nobody can force anyone to discuss anything, so no, that's not what I'm saying. What I am saying is that more diversity of thought enhances the value of discussion, provided of course that it adheres to some sort of basic level of quality.
    Then, there should be a forum for politics, in that case. Diversity of Thought, shouldn't equate those that don't want politics choking the rest of the Gen-OT. By including them in your deduction, you're intentionally forcing them to muddle through disorganized forums to find what they want to post on. This is why there are themed forum topics to begin with, as well as why Politics should have it's own sub-forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I was making a joke.
    Then, you don't agree with her?
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Think about it. Do you just want the same thing..

or variety? Obviously variety.

I thought you hated obesity, what is this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    MMOC needs its own political sub forum then Gen-OT can be fun again
    Well before the election/BREXIT it was constant threads from MGTOW/mens rights activists sniping about feminists, so....

10+ Year Old Account
    Feels like 90% of these threads are about U.S. politics.

Something has to be done.
    This really sounds like you opened a thread to question moderation. You gave absolutely no basis for a discussion. This topic sounds like something you should be addressing with the mods, not us. We cannot take action against threads, that is the mods job.

This is a clear thread that should be closed.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Then, you don't agree with her?
    Well, there's a word for a forum where everyone agrees all the time, "echo chamber." I know people want things other than political threads and I've been starting a few threads like that. On the other hand the political threads are really popular at them moment, so it's complex.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    If you don't want politics, then go to Fun Stuff or any of the other billion forums. Gen-OT is basically a potpourri forum that contains anything without its own forum. Just because you don't like a certain topic doesn't mean it needs to be excluded, but the political focus is in large part because all other topics have already been divided out. If you take out politics, just close the forum.

Again though, if you don't like the political focus, then what are you doing to solve the problem? Whining that people make threads you're not interested in is not a constructive way to handle the problem.
    If you want a serious political debate you wouldn't come here because it's always the same childish left v right BS

15+ Year Old Account
    I seriously can't believe I agree with nixx, but this is the timeline we're on.

The main thing I want to talk about is a forbidden topic *shrug*
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you don't want politics, then go to Fun Stuff or any of the other billion forums. Gen-OT is basically a potpourri forum that contains anything without its own forum. Just because you don't like a certain topic doesn't mean it needs to be excluded, but the political focus is in large part because all other topics have already been divided out. If you take out politics, just close the forum.

Again though, if you don't like the political focus, then what are you doing to solve the problem? Whining that people make threads you're not interested in is not a constructive way to handle the problem.
    First of all, you're the one whining about my opinion. Not the other way around. I am the one stating that there should be one, and I have been campaigning it for a while, as well as conferring with some of the moderation about the prospect. I've also been bringing it up a variety of threads among the Gen-OT and there are others that agree with me on the notion. That isn't whining.

Politics, as a topic, is strong enough and prevalent enough to stand on its own and it can likely benefit, much, from having its own sub-forum dedicated solely to the topic. However, chastising it, without proof outside of opinion, then trying to undermine me is disrespectful both to me and the topic.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Think about it. Do you just want the same thing..

or variety? Obviously variety.

Well, I actually would prefer the first image. I'm very picky about food and likely to not enjoy half the cupcakes in the second image.

7+ Year Old Account
    I come here for a variety of topics though, which is precisely why I virtually never visit the more specific forums.
    Then, that is an issue with you and not the topic.

Moreso, you literally just accused me of the very same thing. You told me to differ to "Fun Stuff" for things that don't involve politics but you won't even do the same thing yourself. Talk about being hypocritical.
    ~~ ~~

7+ Year Old Account
    No, it's definitely you doing the same song and dance everyone does. "I don't like the topics. Someone fix it for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee." I'm giving you reasons why that's dumb.

Again, if you don't like the threads that are created, then why don't you make your own? It's pretty lame to bitch that people aren't providing you with the experience you want when you do nothing to help create that experience. If you want apolitical threads, then make apolitical threads.
    What reasons? You haven't provided a point yet other than "No, it won't" and yet, no proof as to why it won't work.

I don't organize the Forum, that is moderation's job, not mine. I cannot sort, block, and reorganize a forum as a user. This is why I'm campaigning it to begin with.
    ~~ ~~

Deleted
    I come here for a variety of topics though, which is precisely why I virtually never visit the more specific forums.
    Unfortunately every thread here is infected with people shoehorning politics in so eventually people will just go fuck it... It's bad enough we have so many banned topics that we don't need others infested so either moderation needs to infract more or a new forum is needed

7+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing hypocritical about that. I can't solve my problem of wanting multiple topics in one forum by visiting other forums. You can solve your problem of not wanting political topics by going to literally any other forum here.
    "You should do this, even though I won't given the same situation." That's being hypocritical.
    ~~ ~~

Deleted
    I'm sure Trump will provide us with many future threads over the next 4 years..

My reasons were that: 1) it splits up the users in a different way, 2) half of the problem is that the forum is already overly divided, and 3) politics is the only significant thing left in Gen-OT, so without it, just roll it into Fun Stuff and be done with it.
    I think this is a good point, there are several "fun stuff" forums were people can start threads in and post.

Gen-OT can be the one place on the forum we can be serious and have adult conversations.

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    @Tennisace

"hey guys who wants to talk about light and pleasant stuff for a bit ? "

DIE DIE DIE POLITICS HOW DARE YOU AARRRGHHHHHH

I lul'd

So general off-topic:

Has anyone played that new PS4 exclusive Nioh? Looks like a samurai themed Dark Souls game

Has anyone ever moved across the country before? In 2 years I'm thinking about moving from NC to TX (United States) (~1200-1600 miles difference from East coast to middle - south, of the country)

I'm trying to get into streaming on twitch, but it weirds me out seeing myself on camera, anybody have any experience streaming and have any general tips?

I have had Spotify as my main source of music for probably 5 years or so now, but have seen ads on Amazon music and a few other alternatives, does anyone use a music service other than Spotify?

7+ Year Old Account
    My reasons were that: 1) it splits up the users in a different way, 2) half of the problem is that the forum is already overly divided, and 3) politics is the only significant thing left in Gen-OT, so without it, just roll it into Fun Stuff and be done with it.
    As I said earlier, where is the proof of these claims? I don't agree with you on these points, and in order to advocate these posisiton, you're going to need a substantial case in order to prove your points.

And you don't have to organize the forum to create a thread. What in the hell is wrong with you? I've clearly suggested making threads several times. You keep ignoring that in favor of whining about how everyone else isn't doing what you want them to do. "Everyone should make the threads I want to read!" - You
    I'm not talking about creating threads, at all. I'm talking about how the Gen-OT has a large majority of political threads that should be organised better for the user. The Gen-OT isn't a political debate forum, specifically, but there is no political forum, which is why I believe and have conferred the notion to have one created for those it would interest. Just because it doesn't interest you doesn't mean that it isn't a good idea and/or one worth considering by those that can do something about it.

The only thing you've given me is a contrast of opinion, and nothing more.
    Also, are you trying to begin personally attacking me by continuing to insist a notion that I'm "whining" about simply desiring and expressing such things as well as addressing the proper channels for it, then I'd have to declare that you just don't have much of an argument on the matter other than you don't like it.

The same situation doesn't exist for me, as I clearly just told you.
    Then, you're going to need to clarify that concept.

I'm a constant proponent of better moderation.
    I agree with this, however.
    ~~ ~~