Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I would rather do that than deal with an addon that wants to make things exclusive. Addons like that have so many factors that don't get included, but yet will cause people not to get invited to them. It's a completely flawed idea, but yet people will use it as the "end all be all" way of doing things. If you are wanting to go for something like +20 then yeah sure it has it's benefits. We all know though even on +1's and beyond people will use it as the the definitive holy grail making things worse. We saw it with gearscore and this does exactly the same thing except in a worse sense. At least with gear score you got a higher score based on getting gear (which even had it's flaws due to RNG and could be farming for months). This one relies on being in top ranks to get noticed and such.
    You're delusional if you think that asking for a score in low m+ will actually change anything. Hint: it won't. Groups that ask some kind of a score for a low level will never form because high-scored players do not have any interest in doing them (even if there is an addon that shows the score ingame). As a result, low level keys will lower their requirements aswell (it's similar with ilvl - for instance, at this moment there was one! low-key dungeon with a 920 ilvl requirement and it had formed ~20 minutes ago and still had several spots to fill: they will either lower their requirements or disband because barely any 920 will be bothered to run such low keys). If anything, the addon actually makes it easier for truly good players with good score but perhaps a bit less ilvl to get into groups where they belong.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

I would rather do that than deal with an addon that wants to make things exclusive. Addons like that have so many factors that don't get included, but yet will cause people not to get invited to them. It's a completely flawed idea, but yet people will use it as the "end all be all" way of doing things. If you are wanting to go for something like +20 then yeah sure it has it's benefits. We all know though even on +1's and beyond people will use it as the the definitive holy grail making things worse. We saw it with gearscore and this does exactly the same thing except in a worse sense. At least with gear score you got a higher score based on getting gear (which even had it's flaws due to RNG and could be farming for months). This one relies on being in top ranks to get noticed and such.
    But the addon changes nothing because it puts the information people already look at on the website into the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Your solution is to grind mythic+ and your score will go up if you complete keys on time. This tool is useful for the 10+ groups so they can form faster. Trust me just because people have a high score doesn't really mean that much tbh. I had a 1400+ tank in maw once and I had to coach him how to tank harbaron.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    Yeah, sounds like totally cool community to play in, go for it mate and come back and report how that helped to boost player participation in M+ in longer perspective....I don't really have any ego riding in this discussion, I've got my group of friends I run with weekly (several of which I've met through the group finder, just by inviting them to lower keys and being friendly and social)
    so selectively pugging for higher keys based on experience is a problem because excluding inexperienced idiots from high mythic+ somehow hurts long term mythic+ participation, but only running mythic+ with your select group of friends (who presumably are all half decent or why would you have stayed friends with them after finding them originally) and excluding new pugs is fine because...reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    pushing an addon and marketing it, is just going to make it a "must" for every group in group finder. Yes, even the +1's and +4's - and it's just going to lead into a community that views participation as a hard number
    if someone wants to set a requirement of 2k mythic+ score for their +2 court of stars and sit in the lfg queue for 4 hours because no-one with 2k mythic+ score has any interest in doing a +2 CoS, more power to them
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2017-10-22 at 01:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    But the addon changes nothing because it puts the information people already look at on the website into the game.
    It makes it easier to access. Which matters. Do you want to spend 10 minutes making a group for a +10? Fuck no. Do you want to download an addon and spend 1-2 minutes more? Probably

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    It makes it easier to access. Which matters. Do you want to spend 10 minutes making a group for a +10? Fuck no. Do you want to download an addon and spend 1-2 minutes more? Probably
    What are you even talking about. As if it takes more than 10 seconds to type someones name in on WoW Progress. People are checking right now without the addon, period. Search "keystone", look in the description box, and see how many say "be x score" or "checking wow progress".
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you even talking about. As if it takes more than 10 seconds to type someones name in on WoW Progress. People are checking right now without the addon, period. Search "keystone", look in the description box, and see how many say "be x score" or "checking wow progress".
    Yeah, but spending 10 seconds for every applicant is going to add up if you only want people above x score.
    And as I said, it was specifically for a +10. Most groups don't require a certain score or wow progress checks for that. Above a +10? Yeah, they do, but not a +10

Instead of whining about the addonitself we should make suggestions to improve it, for example:

- show how times the dungeon was completed intime by the character at or above the level s/he queues for

People who check my+ score manually don't look at just the one number either.

Yes and no. It changes things because it puts it in the game so anyone can look at it immediately. Yes, the information is there but not everyone wants to go through the effort of looking at 3rd party sites. If it's ingame then more people are likely to use it.

It's like gearscore. Most people didn't care about your gear or anything back then (even though armory / inspect existed). Once gearscore came out and you could hover and such as gearscore then it became a rampant problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    You're delusional if you think that asking for a score in low m+ will actually change anything. Hint: it won't. Groups that ask some kind of a score for a low level will never form because high-scored players do not have any interest in doing them (even if there is an addon that shows the score ingame). As a result, low level keys will lower their requirements aswell (it's similar with ilvl - for instance, at this moment there was one! low-key dungeon with a 920 ilvl requirement and it had formed ~20 minutes ago and still had several spots to fill: they will either lower their requirements or disband because barely any 920 will be bothered to run such low keys). If anything, the addon actually makes it easier for truly good players with good score but perhaps a bit less ilvl to get into groups where they belong.
    I'm not delusional, I know exactly how the community works. I've been here since Classic, I've seen it all pretty much. You think people will lower standards when they won't. What's to stop a site like Raider.IO from going further than what it is now. It could be an thing into it's addon to pull information from completed Mythic+ runs, configure a score and further build their database up and away from Blizzard's base. The way it can go is endless and it never ends the way people think it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Your solution is to grind mythic+ and your score will go up if you complete keys on time. This tool is useful for the 10+ groups so they can form faster. Trust me just because people have a high score doesn't really mean that much tbh. I had a 1400+ tank in maw once and I had to coach him how to tank harbaron.
    I'm guessing you misquoted me because I didn't give any solutions? O.o

But yes, the score doesn't mean anything, but the community won't care. They'll take it as the end all be all thing.

You can write that all day, doesn't mean you are checking. I've joined so many groups that say have this and checking armory. I know I didn't, but I knew I could handle it so I applied. Was never checked because they don't care. Most write that just to look cool or something, I don't know.

Also, not about 10 seconds. It's the time you spend opening up browser, looking person up, tabbing out etc when you can do it all in a second in-game. You underestimate how lazy players can be and all the additional steps is a waste of time for them, but having an addon that does it in a second? Heck yeah they'll do that in a heartbeat.

Also, not about 10 seconds. It's the time you spend opening up browser, looking person up, tabbing out etc when you can do it all in a second in-game. You underestimate how lazy players can be and all the additional steps is a waste of time for them, but having an addon that does it in a second? Heck yeah they'll do that in a heartbeat.
    O b v i o u s l y the addon makes things easier but I don't think it changes things much. If you don't get into pugs now, you still won't now the addon's out. If you got into groups before, then you probably have at least some kind of basic score (+10 completed in all dungeons) which is enough to continue getting into groups.

The only prob I see with the addon is that the selection for the ideal member begins way sooner. Dunno, usually the practice to "wowprogress" someone starts at the +15 key level, in most cases by key pushers. Once the addon becomes mainstream, the rating becomes also attractive to select the ideal member in way lower m+ content. Besides the ilvl you got an additional number to seperate, why dont make a use of it?

I'm not delusional, I know exactly how the community works. I've been here since Classic, I've seen it all pretty much. You think people will lower standards when they won't. What's to stop a site like Raider.IO from going further than what it is now. It could be an thing into it's addon to pull information from completed Mythic+ runs, configure a score and further build their database up and away from Blizzard's base. The way it can go is endless and it never ends the way people think it will.
    Like... Yes, in theory everyone might start asking for a retarded score but current situation with ilvl shows that it is very unlikely - everyone and their mum has 920-930 ilvl but +4 and so on easily takes 900 ilvls with them because those with high ilvls DO NOT APPLY to these low dungeons. It would be exactly the same situation with M+ score, like how hard is it to understand that? It's a completely different situation in raiding because we don't have M+ raiding, so people with 940 and 900 ilvl both would want to do ToS HC and obviously the latter is going to get declined. It truly feels like you're not even playing this game when you sound so clueless, no offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Like... Yes, in theory everyone might start asking for a retarded score but current situation with ilvl shows that it is very unlikely - everyone and their mum has 920-930 ilvl but +4 and so on easily takes 900 ilvls with them because those with high ilvls DO NOT APPLY to these low dungeons. It would be exactly the same situation with M+ score, like how hard is it to understand that? It's a completely different situation in raiding because we don't have M+ raiding, so people with 940 and 900 ilvl both would want to do ToS HC and obviously the latter is going to get declined. It truly feels like you're not even playing this game when you sound so clueless, no offense.
    I mean we can agree to disagree. What you are saying is what the "best intentions" would be, but actual reality and what will happen are completely different sadly. Past events have proven this time and time again in the game. Not sure why it's a hard concept and why you feel like someone is clueless and doesn't play the game when events in game prove against your theory. As I said though, we'll agree to disagree.

Also, adding "no offense" to something doesn't make it any less offensive or alright.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The addon would be perfect if it had a way to show those leaver cunts

Deleted
    Wth are people mental here?

This addon is a must to do myth+ in the easiest way, you pick the higher score basically like itm lvl as Dracodraco said.
    Difference is that now everybody and even their dead granpa have 930+ with TF but if they have no myth+ experience? better safe than sorry.

All the nosense "BUT I PREFER TO WIPE FOR THE EQUALITY" or " ME HAVE LITTLE SCORE CANT DO +15" are pure garbage, get good at the game or just dont bother.

I mean you can even make your own group.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ulsoga View Post
    Hey all!

I'm using the addon, if you are into feedback....

1. Make only the current spec Score, i mean if i get a pala and see 3 score plus the base score is getting a bit spamming/confusing

2. If you can put the Myth+ for the dungeon listed, if possibile
    Last edited by mmocbfa8dc246d; 2017-10-22 at 07:25 PM.

Good thing I do my single weekly instances in a guild group, because this bullshit emans I can never PUG them.

Can't people see the problem with this is that people will find it difficult to join even the lower keys like 8-10s, not just 15. Casuals will be largely excluded from the whole m+ system.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Can't people see the problem with this is that people will find it difficult to join even the lower keys like 8-10s, not just 15. Casuals will be largely excluded from the whole m+ system.
    The ungrouped or declined casuals will be able to group with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    I do at least one 19+ key every week on my main, and don't join runs below +17. I do +10 or +11 or +12 runs on each of my two alts every week.

I don't see how an addon will change anything in my world. I will still screen everyone on my main. I will still indiscriminately invite everyone to my +10 through +12 runs on alts. I mean, my alts don't have the scores either. Characters who are only doing weekly runs for the chest have completely random, small scores that tell nothing. The characters that do have high scores don't normally run "+10 for weekly". If someone asked for any score in +10 I would treat it as a big red flag and avoid them. I suggest you do the same.

EDIT: The only possibility for anything to change is if Blizzard fixes their UI to include all runs, not just top 100 per realm. If that happens - sure, I can see how it would go either way, with scores possibly going mainstream.
    Last edited by ID811717; 2017-10-22 at 08:10 PM.

The annoying thing with m+ score is two things.
    1. Its a total, not an average or best. Meaning someone whos done 22 in 5 dungeons ranks lower than someone whos done 18 in 10 dungeons.
    2. It resets every fkn patch..

Imo it should only show your highest run ontime. Whould be a better tool then.