Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think a pretty general rule is the world is always in danger of going to shit at a moments notice. All it takes is these world leaders losing their marbles and pressing launch. Not to say I think we're all going to die anytime soon but shit happens and you have to be ready whenever and whoever is in charge.

But to be fair we just elected a fucking idiot here in the states who had the gall to ask "why can't we use nukes?" in regards to the ME. Probably ups the chances by a fair bit.

Does this matter? This is like when one of those crazy yahoo's predict the world is going to end.

This is just stupid. Doomsday clock? Come on... What authority do these "clock keepers" have to tell us how close we are to Armageddon? What a bunch of horse shit. People have been saying we're so close to the end of the world for thousands of years. Just shut the fuck up already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    I know. i think its more of an amusement when the bomb is close enough to just wipe you out, because in that case the desk wont help.
    Then the trick is to hide in a fridge! Like Indiana Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Then the trick is to hide in a fridge! Like Indiana Jones
    hahahaha ya that totally works i promise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    hahahaha ya that totally works i promise!!!
    If it's an old lead lined one, but where are you gonna find one that a bear can fit in?

It was moved 30 seconds closer, fyi.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    If it's an old lead lined one, but where are you gonna find one that a bear can fit in?
    Even lead lining doesn't do that much against gamma radiation.. Unless your fridge weighs a ton or ten I'd not trust that .

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Does this matter? This is like when one of those crazy yahoo's predict the world is going to end.
    I don't think the clock really matters until it hits midnight and then nukes actually fly. But at that point who really cares if you were right.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    maybe an old refrigeration truck?!

Deleted
    This silly shit has never been relevant, it won't start being relevant now.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 1/2 minutes to midnight does not make for as catchy lyrics.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    I couldn't find that statement verified by anyone. What I did find was the press reporting on unverified claims by Joe Scarborough that Trump had said that. That isn't "on record". If you can provide some evidence he said it, I would like to see it.

His public statements on being for the use nuclear weapons have been fairly consistent, whether you agree with his position or not, but it's not like he's sitting in his office like a bored child going "just let me nuke this one small country. It'll be funny LOL", as implied.
    Anti-trumpers basing their opinions on rumors and innuendo? I don't believe it!

Doomsday cloak isn't for predicting when the actual doomsday will happen. It's a comment of how likely a nuclear disaster is based on the current world events and actions by governments and armies. Its purpose is to give some kind of perspective.

And nuclear exchange, in my opinion, is possible as long as nuclear weapons are in use. MAD doctrine sounds "fun" and "safe", but I don't think there is a human alive to be trusted with proper handling means to eradicate everything. I mean, there is a TON of stories from Cuban Missile Crisis about how some nukes were close to launch. Imagine next time we might not be so lucky.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It appears that this information is unverified...

http://www.snopes.com/2016/08/03/joe...ant-use-nukes/