Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    That's why you should have a backup.

Women already do in many cases, but men should also be so smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    That's why you should have a backup.

Women already do in many cases, but men should also be so smart.
    Usually the brother or best friend.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Usually the brother or best friend.
    Nooope.

Makes no sense whatsoever. Having an emotional affair with someone close to the person increases the likelihood of it being exposed.

- - - Updated - - -

What is an emotional affair?

Like, when you share an intimate moment with someone other than your SO?

Relationships only work as long as everyone in the relationship has vested interest in it working.

Harsh reality, but reality nonetheless.

The only thing that can harm a relationship is that vested interest disappearing, changing or it no longer being enough.

Therefore, if your SO has vested their interest elsewhere, you are no longer offering the interest you once were or they want more of the vested interest then you are offering or their vested interest has changed to something other then what you are offering.

Once you figure out which of these scenarios it is, then you can decide if you are able/willing to continue to offer the interest, offer more of the interest, or offer the new interest they prefer.

Love is a business of the heart, but a business nonetheless.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-01-29 at 02:52 PM.

I find the idea of engaging in an emotional affair bizarre from the perspective of a male. Even to the extent that I can imagine engaging in an affair (which isn't much, to be honest), it's hard for me to figure out why a man's doing this without sex. The whole deal seems just kind of sordid and depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post

What is an emotional affair?

Like, when you share an intimate moment with someone other than your SO?
    Sounds about right. An obvious sign would be if you've lost the love and/or passion for your SO because it's gone to someone else.

In my opinion, I feel an 'emotional affair' is far more hurtful than physical ones. It is understandable to want variety and variance in physical and mental pleasure. But mental pleasure that is sought in an underhanded and/or secretive manner likely indicates a disinterest in your partner as a person (their mind) rather than their physical presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    In my opinion, I feel an 'emotional affair' is far more hurtful than physical ones. It is understandable to want variety and variance in physical and mental pleasure. But mental pleasure that is sought in an underhanded and/or secretive manner likely indicates a disinterest in your partner as a person (their mind) rather than their physical presence.
    I wonder if this is why some women don't mind their men going to prostitutes as nearly as much as him dating the secretary at the office, prostitutes having no emotional connection to the man.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    pleasure that is sought in an underhanded and/or secretive manner likely indicates a disinterest
    Even if you do it openly, it indicates a disinterest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I wonder if this is why some women don't mind their men going to prostitutes as nearly as much as him dating the secretary at the office, prostitutes having no emotional connection to the man.
    If they are not worried about any diseases, I suppose this could be why.