Mythic Botanist - Multi-Dot?

Hey!

Do you guys know if it's a single-target DPS increase to Rupture the other bosses on M Botanist? Ran a 3 target sim and it told me it was a single-target DPS decrease of about 100K but I'm assuming it's using FoK instead of Mutilate.

Not at the boss yet but would still be nice to be informed when I get there.

Thanks.

It's a dps increase only if you have poisons going along with that rupture. I keep mouseover rupture/poisoned knife on the off targets so Its only a matter of keeping those up and you will be swimming in energy. At one point I allow myself to mut instead of fok, just not to overcap.

Yeah but you're spending quite a bit of time and CPs on maintaining the Ruptures+AP.

I got 85% in my ilvl bracket on normal doing just that. Mind you I messed up a couple of times letting the AP stack drop and I energy capped a few more times. It's the way sin is supposed to be played there. We'll see how mythic is later on.

May have been a misunderstanding here. The question is if anyone knows if it's a single-target DPS increase to Rupture the others for Energy. On Mythic you start with all three bosses up and when one of them dies the other two heal back to full so any damage that isn't single-target is completely useless.

Quote Originally Posted by honung View Post
    May have been a misunderstanding here. The question is if anyone knows if it's a single-target DPS increase to Rupture the others for Energy. On Mythic you start with all three bosses up and when one of them dies the other two heal back to full so any damage that isn't single-target is completely useless.
    My best guess is that it's not, since the only way Rupture on a second/third target can contribute to your single target DPS ( on the "first target" ) is returning energy, but the 120 energy returned would be cut by 25 just to apply the Rupture, and other 80 to maintain with Poisoned Knife ( two times over ~24s, or you can keep it up with melee attacks/FoK too but gotta have an Envenom up for that, and we need to take advantage of SoT buffed AP to deal more ST damage, so it would be some loss on ST )

So, in "average", you get returned 15 energy at the cost of a more focused single target damage, dealing higher damage overall but spread between 2~3 targets
    Last edited by skindown; 2017-01-29 at 04:21 PM.