Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Yeah, you are. There's a clear difference between your legal rights and what is the right thing to do.

How can you even prove that?
    Prove it isn't.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Honestly I see more SJW crap from people complaining about it on forums like this than I ever have from these supposed SJWs.

I've never met anyone in person that says some of the crap that people here and elsewhere go crazy about.
    The overwatch outrage over Mei's butt made for a good laugh, overwatch forums always amuses me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Honestly I see more SJW crap from people complaining about it on forums like this than I ever have from these supposed SJWs.

I've never met anyone in person that says some of the crap that people here and elsewhere go crazy about.
    I guess we wouldn't know about much that happened in the world if it weren't picked up by some form of media, so that's expected. If you've been to some very liberal areas/communities they really do act like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    This forum went to shit the day they invited Endus who is a poisonus twat.
    Interesting, while politically I don't find much common ground with Endus, I think many of his responses are much more reasoned based then those who argue with him. I'm not sure how far left he technically is, but most of his stances appear to be the basic left's stances and his arguments and counter arguments tend to be less hyperbole and strawmans and more fact based. Granted I don't follow him that much, but I do find that some of his arguments prove to be a challenge to tackle, which I actually like.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    The overwatch outrage over Mei's butt made for a good laugh, overwatch forums always amuses me.
    I really liked that debate\outrage. It showed both sides being silly.

Side 1, didn't like tracer's butt pose being what could be argued has sexual, when maybe it didn't fit the character. That was just an opinion
    Side 2, didn't accept side 1's opinion and then went on their own crusade against PC

Fueling both sides was Blizzard saying they agreed with Side 1 in that the pose didn't fit the character and changed it a bit

Maybe side 2 was right, but it seem like they felt they were called to go on a Unholy crusade against the evil PC crowd on something a chunk of them said they never cared about or never noticed. So now they are joining in, for a cause they weren't really invested in, just because it was against the evil PC group, even though it was really 1 guy writing about his kid and Blizzard happened to agree.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2017-01-29 at 04:01 PM.

Having a segment of the population that's offended about everything is nothing new. It just used to be conservatives and religious types constantly complaining about things that offended their sensibilities. And had the internet been around back when that was in vogue, people would have been saying the same thing about them that they say about the SJWs now.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2017-01-29 at 04:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I generaly dont give a poop if some1 gets offended. I just look at them as *that* type of people.

People who get *offended* generaly are just looking for fame, since they know their daily life sucks and if they dont suck the other people (like vampires), they will never be happy.

Every human does have something that offends him, but they generaly dont go all out. (heck even me)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I have the right to call a girl ugly, but is that right? Probably not - there's no reason she needed to hear that and it probably only does her psychological harm.
    I mean you shouldn't just go up to a random girl and tell her she's ugly, but if she's hitting on you and you tell her you don't date ugly girls, any offense she takes from it is on her. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Actually, under most circumstances you don't, it constitutes harassment.
    By definition, "harassment" implies repetitive action. Calling someone ugly once does not constitute harassment.

People get offended, nothing wrong with it. And they are entitled to voice this, and to let the offender know. What I dislike is those who seek punishment, usually the destruction of the person, usually by seeking to ruin their employment. With social media, so many people love an opportunity to destroy others, and someone saying something offensive is an amazing green light. I think there is too much overreaction to offense. You would think that being offended caused significant harm. Nothing really happens aside from you getting a bit pissed off, and then moving on. I think that seeking to destroy someone goes against the spirit of free expression. Obviously, seeking to make someone unemployed is free speech, I don't think that people should be banned from doing so, I am just glad when they fail. And yes, that extends to people that say things that I find offensive.

I find the mentality of "You said something I don't like, you must be punished!" to be sinister, and not encouraged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Been out of hand for decades, this is the professional victim generation.

7+ Year Old Account
    I ran into a bunch of screamy feminists once, I laughed at them and walked through their protest, other than that I havent seen it IRL. I do see what they are doing to (little) kids in schools though and that worries me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Extremist opinions inspire extremist counter responses.

The art of satire is being lost somewhat and so is the tolerance for it, If our times were better financially there would be more tolerance that has always been the case.
    I also believe that due to the melting pot that our society has become previously certain things weren't considered a problem in the eyes of the majority but now more people have an easier time to find a platform, what in some cases it brings to light problems and in other cases it can create a storm in a glass of water.

There are also still old laws in place that should no longer be here, laws that provide certain groups of people more protection than others, what creates an unfair landscape in terms of legal issues. I do believe that comedians should be allowed to joke about everything as satire is needed to dismantle certain issues, as i personally don't believe in the concept of "holy houses", things that cannot be touched or commented on in other words.

But we do need to be careful when i turns in to promotion of certain ideologies, as we all know from history how evil men can become.
    Word.

And yet - Yes we can - Tolerate!

This is just a theory, but I actually don't believe most people get offended easily. The problem is the vocal few that can make a statement which is read by millions which puts the illusion that something should be taken down or banned. It only took a few to make Blizzard change Tracer's pose for example.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

For some reason, this threads offends me. I'll find a reason when I'm done circlejerking.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This complaint brought to you by the generation that is actively fucking over our ability to succeed!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.