Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's not constitutional until a court says otherwise. It may be in force (barring hold actions like the ones a few days ago) but that doesn't make it constitutional. That's not determined until a law is ruled upon. If it even is.

If you don't know the difference then maybe you should take a break from armchair lawyering.
    That is Vyxn's specialty. I mean, he deemed Hillary guilty a thousand times over, over the last 18 months or so with Benghazi and the emails.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    and they did what those lawyers was tasked to do it wasn't their job to assign intent or motive their job was to look at the law in a vacuum it wasn't to determine if it was a fair or good order if they agreed with it or the impact of it their job was simply to determine if it was legal if it was constitutional that is it nothing more
    Some day, someone will finally take time to educate you on the wonders of punctuation.

Well this Muslim ban shit just hit my hospital in Louisiana because we have residents that cannot get back to the United States now and patients that cannot get here for transplants

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Well this Muslim ban shit just hit my hospital in Louisiana because we have residents that cannot get back to the United States now and patients that cannot get here for transplants
    Remember, this was an orderly, non-confusing order that went through the proper process and was given to agencies ahead of time to prepare. All this "chaos" is fake and it's all the result of liberal "fake news" sites and liberal activist judges who issuing injunctions because of how much of a shitshow this is from its drafting to execution. How dare they!

Seriously, how this is anything but a massive embarrassment for the Trump administration, and a pretty fantastic example of how dangerous Bannon, who was deeply involved in secretly drafting and pushing this through, is beyond me. The only reason I can imagine for why GOP members of congress aren't asking very serious questions to the Trump administration about Bannon is because between the lot of them, there's not a single spine.

- - - Updated - - -

and they did what those lawyers was tasked to do it wasn't their job to assign intent or motive their job was to look at the law in a vacuum it wasn't to determine if it was a fair or good order if they agreed with it or the impact of it their job was simply to determine if it was legal if it was constitutional that is it nothing more
    Actually, that is part of their intend. They need to ensure that whatever the executive order is, will stand up to any challenges on court. But because this was rammed through in such a secretive process, they did not have time to adequately review, let's use the phrase "alternative material" from the Trump camp that would alter a judges ruling on the matter.

Law doesn't exist in a vacuum dude, especially where intent is relevant to the legality of an EO/law. Again, sorry that I have to break it to Trump supporters (who often maligned "SJW's" for their inability to understand context), but context does exist and it does matter. Even if you wish it didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Remember, this was an orderly, non-confusing order that went through the proper process and was given to agencies ahead of time to prepare. All this "chaos" is fake and it's all the result of liberal "fake news" sites and liberal activist judges who issuing injunctions because of how much of a shitshow this is from its drafting to execution. How dare they!

Seriously, how this is anything but a massive embarrassment for the Trump administration, and a pretty fantastic example of how dangerous Bannon, who was deeply involved in secretly drafting and pushing this through, is beyond me. The only reason I can imagine for why GOP members of congress aren't asking very serious questions to the Trump administration about Bannon is because between the lot of them, there's not a single spine.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, that is part of their intend. They need to ensure that whatever the executive order is, will stand up to any challenges on court. But because this was rammed through in such a secretive process, they did not have time to adequately review, let's use the phrase "alternative material" from the Trump camp that would alter a judges ruling on the matter.

Law doesn't exist in a vacuum dude, especially where intent is relevant to the legality of an EO/law. Again, sorry that I have to break it to Trump supporters (who often maligned "SJW's" for their inability to understand context), but context does exist and it does matter. Even if you wish it didn't.
    the constitutionality of a law does and if you judge a law not in a vacuum then you are legislating from the bench

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    It is completely unconstitutional for the executive branch to attempt to override the judicial system's actions and to strong arm the sitting Attorney General to do your bidding. I do not care what party you belong to or what the issue in question is. This is impeachable behavior.
    What law was broken to make this impeachable?

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    They're not citizens and they'r brown so their lives are worth just a tiny bit less.

so then according to your logic I can ignore all laws when passed until a court decision
    No see your problem is that you don't know the difference between a law being in force and it being constitutional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    What law was broken to make this impeachable?
    Potentially The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 if some people are to be believed. Something about it not allowing discrimination based on nationality.

Not sure how much pull it has since I am not an expert on US law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ban is officially suspended nationwide

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/03/politi...ays/index.html

Prepare for tweets in the morning.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post

I'm loving that it was issued by judge in Seattle, at the end of business here. So just at Trump's bedtime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post

"The dishonest Judges don't understand how good my ban is. Sad."
    "Look at the attacks in Canada, this is why we need a ban!"

Calling it.