Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Decent but it was one of the most overrated films of all time. It has a much higher metacritic score than all the horror classics, that just doesn't make sense.
    Even if it's score is 'too high', it does merit the thought that it is good. How would it be getting high scores then? Charity? I'd call it more than decent and better than most typical hollywood action movies that came out this year. Intrigue and mystery are higher valued than plain simple action in my book, especially when it's thought provoking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyoftheforest View Post
    Even if it's score is 'too high', it does merit the thought that it is good. How would it be getting high scores then? Charity? I'd call it more than decent and better than most typical hollywood action movies that came out this year. Intrigue and mystery are higher valued than plain simple action in my book, especially when it's thought provoking.
    You can always make your own list. I watched it, I thought it was "good", but nowhere near my current top 10. Dunno what more you want.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    You can always make your own list. I watched it, I thought it was "good", but nowhere near my current top 10. Dunno what more you want.
    I don't want anything from you and have no wishes to make a list. I also am not forcing you to like it more than you want. Merely showing my surprise that the critically acclaimed movie Get Out is rarily listed. It's not that difficult to understand.

I don't want anything from you and have no wishes to make a list. I also am not forcing you to like it more than you want. Merely showing my surprise that the critically acclaimed movie Get Out is rarily listed. It's not that difficult to understand.
    Not sure why you're surprised. Horror is a very niche genre, a lot of people just don't care about horror movies, and even those of us who do aren't automatically gonna like one just cause the critics beat off to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    1. John Wick 2 (9/10)
    1(t). Kingsman: The Golden Circle: (9/10)
    3. Thor 3 (8.75/10)
    4. Logan (8.5/10)
    4(t). IT (8.5/10)
    6. Baby Driver: (8/10)
    6. CHiPs (8/10)
    8. Split (7.5/10)
    8. Spiderman: Homecoming (7.5/10)
    10. War of the Planet of the Apes: (7.25/10)
    Updated to add Thor, removed a bunch of jibberish.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Not sure why you're surprised. Horror is a very niche genre, a lot of people just don't care about horror movies, and even those of us who do aren't automatically gonna like one just cause the critics beat off to it.
    I'd label Get Out more as a thriller with a very slight horror aspect. I don't mind people don't liking it. Perhaps I'm surprised to see what kind of audience this site attracts. The movie is also well received by non-critics by the way, hence my reaction.

1. Okja
    2. IT
    3. Lego Batman movie (!)

Other than that, most of my recent "favourite movies!" came out in 2016, so I don't have a whole lot to list...

Get Out was an overrated movie by all accounts, and far less clever than I had hoped it would be. I get the feeling it'll be the new Donnie Darko however, where people wanting to feel special will proclaim how they understand and thus like it, whilst everyone that doesn't like it "didn't understand!!!"...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    1. Okja
    2. IT
    3. Lego Batman movie (!)

Other than that, most of my recent "favourite movies!" came out in 2016, so I don't have a whole lot to list...

Get Out was an overrated movie by all accounts, and far less clever than I had hoped it would be. I get the feeling it'll be the new Donnie Darko however, where people wanting to feel special will proclaim how they understand and thus like it, whilst everyone that doesn't like it "didn't understand!!!"...
    You don't have to justify why you don't like it. Me and many others did like it and it's rating will serve as a warm blanket whenever I read a comment like above lol Mm, do carry on.

You don't have to justify why you don't like it. Me and many others did like it and it's rating will serve as a warm blanket whenever I read a comment like above lol Mm, do carry on.
    Seems to me like you're the one having the need to justify why you liked it, wearing its "rating like a warm blanket" whenever coming across someone with a differing opinion and dismissing them by inane reasoning.

Oh well, the Donnie Darko-meme repeats itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-12-18 at 05:05 PM.

John Wick 2
    Three Billboards...
    Get Out
    Logan
    Bladerunner 2049
    Baby Driver
    Dunkirk
    Logan Lucky
    It
    Mother!
    American Made

Ok, that's eleven. A lot of people hated "Mother!", but it was probably the film that stuck with me the longest on this list. It reminded me of stress nightmares I sometimes have, that feeling of falling behind.

Havent seen any shouts for

Hell or High water
    Wind River
    Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

and only a couple shouts for Okja.

All those films were better than overhyped stuff like baby driver and get out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Hell or High water
    Wind River

All those films were better than overhyped stuff like baby driver and get out
    My list isn't up yet. Also, Hell is a 2016 movie.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Hell or High water
    Wind River

Hell is a 2016 movie as hellhamster said, Wind River and Okja were great, but I like the movies on my current top 10 more, haven't seen Three Billboards because it is first coming to theaters in January here in Denmark.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    My list isn't up yet. Also, Hell is a 2016 movie.
    So it is! good spotting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Hell is a 2016 movie as hellhamster said, Wind River and Okja were great, but I like the movies on my current top 10 more, haven't seen Three Billboards because it is first coming to theaters in January here in Denmark.
    Yeah my bad fair play. Three billboards is great id check it out when it comes out

I'd probably add Logan and war for planet of the apes to my list as those were two of the better "blockbusters" ive seen for awhile.

Also I need to see ladybird, that is getting GOD levels of hype
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-12-18 at 09:49 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Seems to me like you're the one having the need to justify why you liked it, wearing its "rating like a warm blanket" whenever coming across someone with a differing opinion and dismissing them by inane reasoning.

Oh well, the Donnie Darko-meme repeats itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    How you look at my words could be wrong though. Blatantly 'admitting' that I 'need' some sort of security could mean the total opposite. There was an impression that the movie was only liked by the critics and not by plain people, I corrected that and also the 'niche' factor since it more reasonable to assume that it's more of a thriller and not a horror movie. You're more than welcome to uphold the Donnie Darko meme if it makes you feel better Good day!

1. -
    2. -
    3. -
    4. Logan
    5. -
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -

Nothing else made it onto my list this year. A lot of boring as hell stuff that I couldn't even finish.
    2016 I could probably fill the list, 2017 - barely a single mention.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still haven't seen some movies like Dunkirk, IT, Shape of Water etc.

My 1-5 is in the right spot. The rest kinda shared 6th place for me.

1. Logan
    2. Wind River
    3. Thor: Ragnarok
    4. Bladerunner 2049
    5. Baby Driver
    6. Mother!
    7. Spider-man Homecoming
    8. Logan Lucky
    9. American Made
    10. Get Out

10+ Year Old Account
    Most movies of 2017 are completely unwatchable. I absolutely hate every movie involving superheroes of any kind, that junk is taking over and destroying Hollywood.

Saw a few good ones though:

- Life
    - The Mummy
    - Murder on the Orient Express

That's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Most movies of 2017 are completely unwatchable. I absolutely hate every movie involving superheroes of any kind, that junk is taking over and destroying Hollywood.

Saw a few good ones though:

- Life
    - The Mummy
    - Murder on the Orient Express

That's it.
    This year had at least 5 very good movies. Those 3 aren't it though

10. Get Out
    9. War for the Planet of the Apes
    8. Wonder Woman
    7. Baby Driver
    6. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2
    5. Thor: Ragnarok
    4. Star Wars: The Last Jedi
    3. Logan
    2. Dunkrik
    1. Blade Runner 2049

I know most of these are action movies but I haven't seen any real dramas or Oscar baits this year. I really liked this year in movies, much better than 2016.