Page 1 of 29
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

President Trump Threatens to Send U.S. Troops to Mexico to Take Care of 'Bad Hombres'

President Donald Trump threatened in a phone call with his Mexican counterpart to send U.S. troops to stop "bad hombres down there" unless the Mexican military does more to control them itself, according to an excerpt of a transcript of the conversation obtained by The Associated Press.

The excerpt of the call did not make clear who exactly Trump considered "bad hombres," — drug cartels, immigrants, or both — or the tone and context of the remark, made in a Friday morning phone call between the leaders. It also did not contain Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto's response.
    Still, the excerpt offers a rare and striking look at how the new president is conducting diplomacy behind closed doors. Trump's remark suggest he is using the same tough and blunt talk with world leaders that he used to rally crowds on the campaign trail.

A White House spokesman did not respond to requests for comment.

The phone call between the leaders was intended to patch things up between the new president and his ally. The two have had a series of public spats over Trump's determination to have Mexico pay for the planned border wall, something Mexico steadfastly refuses to agree to.

"You have a bunch of bad hombres down there," Trump told Pena Nieto, according to the excerpt seen by the AP. "You aren't doing enough to stop them. I think your military is scared. Our military isn't, so I just might send them down to take care of it."

A person with access to the official transcript of the phone call provided an excerpt to The Associated Press. The person gave it on condition of anonymity because the administration did not make the details of the call public.
    http://time.com/4657474/donald-trump...o-bad-hombres/

I will only stop laughing at people who voted against Clinton on the grounds she was a hawk once I'm dragged off to the labor camps.

10+ Year Old Account
    AKA, threatens war with our neighboring country, as many predicted he would.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    How will those US troops get over the wall then? Or is it just 1 way?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    How will those US troops get over the wall then? Or is it just 1 way?
    Ladders & rope?

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    finally someone who's willing to do what needs to be done.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    finally someone who's willing to do what needs to be done.
    Pancho Villa and his harriers have harassed the Utah Territories long enough!

So he is threatening war against the country we have less than zero reason to go to war against. You know what is a great idea after destabilizing the entire middle east? Destabilizing countries we have a massive land and sea border with.

God damn why couldn't we just get a giant meteor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tillerson needs to muzzle Trump, and Matis needs to refuse orders to send in troops.

also, Cruz and Coryn need to do their jobs and rebuff Trump, because a war with Mexico s bad for Texas

Flynn threatened Iran today too sooooo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Serenity View Post
    Tillerson needs to muzzle Trump, and Matis needs to refuse orders to send in troops.

also, Cruz and Coryn need to do their jobs and rebuff Trump, because a war with Mexico s bad for Texas
    He could be out of office in a week if the GOP had balls.

"Hobres malos" I think he means.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    This is the most immature, irresponsible, arrogant, disrespectful and insulting behavior I've ever seen from a political leader of a democratic country.

I thought it was Clinton that was going to get us into a war. What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    "Hobres malos" I think he means.
    ¡triste!

10letras

Looks like I better start prepping.

Current plans are to build a fallout bunker and long term food and water storage for the family.

@Theodarzna I need to know how this is Clinton's/THE LEEEEFTS fault

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    @Theodarzna I need to know how this is Clinton's/THE LEEEEFTS fault
    The left allowed all this rampant illegal immigration to happen, which led to this, the ultimate and only reasonable response. THE LEFT DROVE TRUMP TO DO THIS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I will only stop laughing at people who voted against Clinton on the grounds she was a hawk once I'm dragged off to the labor camps.
    You had an opportunity to put a better candidate up.

I know over 100 people in my small anti-social circle that are either non-partisan or republican that would have voted for Bernie if given the chance.

Put up a democrat that republicans like?

Or

Put up a democrat that republicans loathe?

Seems like a no brainer! But pledges! I promised Hilary my vote 10-20 years ago. I have to make good on that promise. Good one.

I mean honestly look at Obama... now back at Hilary, now back at Obama. See a difference? Charismatic? Lovable? A guy you could just shoot the shit with.

You go from significant change to... maybe/hopefully she can maintain the status quo.

Honestly I see 2 types of dems with opinions that matter.

(1) Those that recognize it was an election between a shit sandwich and a turd burrito.

(2) Those that claim she would have kept America on the same path Obama set us on.

Hilary Clinton is/was the Aaron Burr of our generation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    This is the most immature, irresponsible, arrogant, disrespectful and insulting behavior I've ever seen from a political leader of a democratic country.
    How dare you speak about trump that way!