Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Enhance Shaman. Iirc flame shock is ele only now. Don't think you gotta keep up with dots
    Pretty much. The closest thing we have to a DoT to upkeep is keeping Flametongue up on our weapons at all times. Aside from that it's all Maelstrom and CD management, plus there are a few different viable options in Enhance Builds depending on the style of play the OP wants.

Frost DK is very easy to pick up and finally in a good spot. But any of the specs could be fun for you if you like Warrior. Probably will work on my DK after my Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomlink View Post
    I've maxed out my Warswords now, so I have more free time until 7.2 arrives and since I moved to a new realm for Legion, I have no alts to play and still have my level 100 boost to use. Was wondering if people have any other classes that play like a warrior, but not too technical with procs, dot management etc. Since Wrath I've messed around with most classes, but I know since then they've all been rehauled

No tanking or healing
    I would say your best option is Frost DK - you've got procs and a DoT, but the DoT will have almost 100% uptime through normal usage of Rime Procs, so very little active management of the DoT, and while there's some nuance to getting the most out of Frost DK's procs, it's pretty hard to mess up badly.

Unholy DK has a a lot of mechanics to worry about plus active management of a DoT, and is also extremely RNG.

Retribution Paladin is mostly straight forward, but you've got a miniature Colossus Smash window with Judgment now. It's not quite a spack-it-when-it-lights-up situation with Judgment anymore.

And as others have said, Enhancement Shaman is pretty Warriory, but instead of DoTs you have maintenance buffs with Flametongue, and, depending on talent choices, Hailstorm and Boulderfirst/Avalanche, but the latter should have near 100% uptime through normal gameplay.

Out of all the options, I'd say Frost would be the best pick-up-and-play option.

Also, depending on how you look at it, Outlaw might feel Warriory to you. They aren't particularly stealthy rogues. That said, Roll the Bones is an entirely separate beast and if you don't want to put much thought into maintaining things, you should probably shy away from Outlaw, unless you want to roll with Slice and Dice for a DPS loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    Difference is that Ret is probably faster paced than Arms.
    I would disagree with this the APM of Arms is quite a bit higher than Ret. Arms is on average about 20 APM higher.

Deleted
    for me the most iconic thing about a warrior is it's great mobility and that's what dks are lacking severely .

i feel like shamans and windwalkers come way closer to a warrior than a dk.

Ret is a slower, more reliable Arms. In my week that played DH I felt like havoc was basically a warrior spec too, but that's all I have to go off of.

Havoc is a bit like an older iteration of Fury.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-02-09 at 03:23 AM.

Frost DK is very similar to what an Arms/Fury warrior has traditionally played like.

Deleted
    Frost Dk, Retri or Havoc...in order if i'd have to change class and pick something i feel similar to warrior.

Enhancement is the closest thing you'll get to a fury warrior.

I've got a 110 paladin, dk, warrior, demon hunter and enhancement shaman.

All can be pretty fun but enhancement is the one with the easiest resource management - just like fury - and shortest CDs to manage - just like fury. Plus when enhancement is just procing like crazy it's amazingly fun.

Speaking of procing, if you aren't having fun or wondering about Ret paladins but feeling bored I'd suggest stop playing optimally. I mean maybe you are in a raiding guild and pushing content and really need crusade - and don't get me wrong it's a good talent - but I find divine purpose much more to my liking. It keeps the ret style from being too boring and is a lot more useful in the open world where keeping your wings on CD just seems weird.

Frost DK very much reminds me of WoD's Fury Warrior. A bit mathematical, but cool to play.

Deleted
    From a PvP perspetive. If you miss MoP Arms warrior... roll survival hunter. It's very similar in playstyle I feel that the late MoP Arms had. You never really have to think about the pet tbh. I'm 2300 in 3v3 currently as surv/fire/mw but aiming to 2500~ before season is over. Mained hunter since tbc but in MoP and WoD I leveled all chars except paladin.

I totally neglected survival when Legion came out because I didn't think they could pull off a melee hunter spec... boy was I wrong. It's a strong dot spec with moments of heavy burst. I like it mainly because of mobility and great sustain damage. My second favourite is WW but I'm so bad at burst specs that have no dmg outside cd's.

- - - Updated - - -

The most fun I ever had was in MoP because arms, balance, unholy all 3 felt perfect. Then came wod and it's been a hard road to find my way back since I prefer melee over range... ironic I end up back at hunter that was my first max level back in wotlk

10+ Year Old Account
    Aesthetically Paladin>DK=DH (DH tank hidden artifact is basically a shield-fist, so you can mog your mainhand into something else for aesthetics)

Gameplay DH>DK=Paladin. (DH tank is so close to Prot war it's scary, ontop of having much better mobility, utility and self-healing, but suffers from "spikey" damage.)

If you're looking to reroll a mobility class. Go DH.

If you're looking to reroll to a non-healing but plate-wearing class. Go DK.

If you're looking to feel more useful. Go Paladin.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2017-02-15 at 04:55 AM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.