Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine94 View Post
    what do u guys think bout this? a guild has worked hard to kill guldan mythic as 1st in the whole world. now look blizzard says "congrats exorsus" and thats it. seriously? but other things for example: before 7.15 came out they announced like 10 times that useless micro holidays crap or "pandaria time walking dungeons will be possible"(like its something soooo special). and now some guild has managed to clear MYTHIC Nighthold, what is way more special than stuff like that micro holidays but all blizzard does is saying "congrats"? im still new to WoW, is it always like this?, enlighten me if im wrong, but thats just the experience i made and they way i feel
    Then dont do it for the 'rewards', there are none, to my knowledge there never has been 'rewards'... they do it to be first.. thats the ONLY reason they do it...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    They knew there was no special reward when they started, just like there hasn't been for the last 12 years of this game.

Realm First achievement is still a realm wide broadcast though, so you still get quite some recognition.
    Wasn't that removed like 2 expansions ago

Agree with OP. Time to reward skills and hard work.

I had this idea of big 3 tablets after each final boss with date of kill and 20 names on it (because mythic)
    1 region first
    1 realm first
    1 personal - listing you and people that helped you on kill

While I think it's impressive what they have done considering they don't out gear it yet like most of the guilds who will eventually do it weeks, or months down the road. I think the issue with the micro holiday stuff, time walking additions, along with other smaller feature, is they will be experienced by a larger portion of your player base hence the focus on it.

Imagine for a second if Blizzard decided to focus on mythic raids and put any type of character progression solely on mythic raiding or in the case of PVP only arena matches. The game would of died 7 or 8 years ago. It is a basic business thing, they want to keep as many people happy for as long as they can, so you keep feeding them money.

My guess the OP thinks they should of thrown a parade in their honor, and have everyone in game kneel as they walk the streets of Dalaran. Apparently the best gear in game, titles along with mounts isn't good enough for their 15 dollars a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock21 View Post
    My guess the OP thinks they should of thrown a parade in their honor, and have everyone in game kneel as they walk the streets of Dalaran. Apparently the best gear in game, titles along with mounts isn't good enough for their 15 dollars a month.
    Best gear they actually need compared to other people who don't do Mythic content and don't need the gear?

Titles? What titles? Titles everyone can just roll to in the next expansion? Same with Mounts?

Mythic raiders get shitall, reward-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine94 View Post
    what do u guys think bout this? a guild has worked hard to kill guldan mythic as 1st in the whole world. now look blizzard says "congrats exorsus" and thats it. seriously? but other things for example: before 7.15 came out they announced like 10 times that useless micro holidays crap or "pandaria time walking dungeons will be possible"(like its something soooo special). and now some guild has managed to clear MYTHIC Nighthold, what is way more special than stuff like that micro holidays but all blizzard does is saying "congrats"? im still new to WoW, is it always like this?, enlighten me if im wrong, but thats just the experience i made and they way i feel
    What game has special rewards for world firsts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    your opinion means fuckall to other players.

i dont care about world firsts its not anything special to me. it happens every damn tier.

micro holidays are fun, i deserve to have fun things just like you deserve to have new raid tears.

7.1.5 is a half of a patch, for us plebs that enjoy fun stuff. you get the other prominent patches.
    Yeah we get new raid tiers.

Why do you have to flame OP for missing one dot? lmao, go back to reddit.

The reward is not getting banned for breaking ToS. The kill announcement is on Wowhead, MMO-C frontpage and made reddit frontpage, all with links to their website and contacts.

Blizzard doesn't give the "race" any more recognition because if they did, the same sideline raiders asking for rewards right now, would ask them to clean up the competition, banning all the top players turning the "race" into special olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Best gear they actually need compared to other people who don't do Mythic content and don't need the gear?

Titles? What titles? Titles everyone can just roll to in the next expansion? Same with Mounts?

Mythic raiders get shitall, reward-wise.
    You clearly missed the entire point of my post. Its about money and catering to the masses, period. If they just focus on what 5% at most of the player base, the game dies. They sort of did that with WOD. They focused on raiding, not necessarily mythic raiding, but raiding in general. Basically tossed out a ton of the casual stuff, like LFR was shit, crafting, etc and the games subs tanked to the point they no longer want to even tell us how many subs they have now.

Titles gotten during current content have more meaning than someone completing them 3 expansions down the line. The mythic mounts have a 100% drop rate when they are done during current content after that it's less than a 1% drop rate. Lastly they even added distinct mythic gear that looks different than any of the other levels of raiding gear this expansion. The one thing they could do for Mythic raiders and it seems Blizzard is against it, is bring back 10 man mythic raids. You would see the participation rate in Mythic raids spike. What the hell else do you think they should get?
    Last edited by Gen4Glock21; 2017-02-05 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    The fame is the reward.
    Fame? I doubt anyone outside of the WoW community would ever know let alone give a shit about who any of these hardcore raiders are.
    I would love to see them put their world first kills on their resumes. See how far it would get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock21 View Post
    You clearly missed the entire point of my post. Its about money and catering to the masses, period. If they just focus on what 5% at most of the player base, the game dies. They sort of did that with WOD. They focused on raiding, not necessarily mythic raiding, but raiding in general. Basically tossed out a ton of the casual stuff, like LFR was shit, crafting, etc and the games subs tanked to the point they no longer want to even tell us how many subs they have now.

Titles gotten during current content have more meaning than someone completing them 3 expansions down the line. The mythic mounts have a 100% drop rate when they are done during current content after that it's less than a 1% drop rate. Lastly they even added distinct mythic gear that looks different than any of the other levels of raiding gear this expansion. What the hell else do you think they should get?
    There's a difference between "focusing" on something, and rewarding people.

The whole "shitting on LFR people with poor sets and items in general" was certainly not the cause of the sub drops, and imo it was the right thing to do.

And the thing is, Mythic stuff should be exclusive to the expansion, simply as that. Hell, make it work like the CM stuff and make it account-wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Wasn't that removed like 2 expansions ago
    Nope. Only thing that was removed was individual Realm first achievements but your guild as a whole still gets the achievement in the Guild achievement tab and it is still broadcast server wide when it is earned.

Quote Originally Posted by Housebroken View Post
    You get a shiny guild achievement that says "World First-Gul'dan", and multiple pieces of loot that most won't ever see dropped. Sounds like a good reward to me.
    There is no "world first" guild achievement, only "realm first"

Deleted
    I genuinely think (same as they did with Kosumoth) a region wide, since I assume world wide isn't technological possible announcement would be cool.

"Exorsus" is the first guild in Europe to earn [Mythic: Gul'dan]! sent to all online players.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Fame? I doubt anyone outside of the WoW community would ever know let alone give a shit about who any of these hardcore raiders are.
    I would love to see them put their world first kills on their resumes. See how far it would get them.
    Was he talking about fame OUTSIDE of the WoW community though?

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    There's a difference between "focusing" on something, and rewarding people.

The whole "shitting on LFR people with poor sets and items in general" was certainly not the cause of the sub drops, and imo it was the right thing to do.

And the thing is, Mythic stuff should be exclusive to the expansion, simply as that. Hell, make it work like the CM stuff and make it account-wide.
    Your suggestion would still not satisfy you because people will and have paid to have their characters carried through Mythics/CM. I see it on my server non stop spamming, selling Mythic dungeon carries, mythic EN, etc. How do you stop that? or is it acceptable as long as you or the elites can make some gold/money.

Those guilds already get sponsors to be able to no-life the first X weeks of an expansion/raid, don't they? What more do you want Blizzard to do?

And I'm pretty sure they took out Realm First Level XX achievements because they didn't want to be seen encouraging such unhealthy play habits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    You know what would be a cool, humble and simple way to do this? Carve their name in to the raid summoning stone. A little tiny plaque at the bottom that would list World First and Realm First completion. It's nothing extravagant, you're already rewarded with gear, achievements and mounts so there isn't any need for anything like that. Just a small ode to the champions who first defeated the raid.
    This would be pretty nice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    You know what would be a cool, humble and simple way to do this? Carve their name in to the raid summoning stone. A little tiny plaque at the bottom that would list World First and Realm First completion. It's nothing extravagant, you're already rewarded with gear, achievements and mounts so there isn't any need for anything like that. Just a small ode to the champions who first defeated the raid.
    I like this idea. It is small enough to not be invasive, but still cool enough to be a good reward It would be just like in Dota 2, where the world champions gets their name on the plate inside the game.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.