Poll: Has the Rising Cost of the WoW Token made you unsub?

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    PS
    I am still calling BS on the price continuing to go up at an extreme rate despite there being 0 tokens available to buy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had already quit but bought a token at 58k to come back to help some guildies with stuff temporarily. Had entertained the notion of returning, but 115k token kinda dampens that thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Blizzard dosen't raise the price, it's Supply/demand thing, if alot of people are buying, the price goes up.
    Ofc they are. Its their game and they do whatever they want.They let us believe the fairytale about Supply/demand.They have perfect and clever marketing.
    But if im wrong and you are right, soon prices will go back to near 100k or less for EU, 35-40k or US and 150+ for Asia.
    In one day boom 80k+ up and you believe the supply/demand

I still pay for my sub with real money. The sub is dirt cheap; 15$ a month is nothing for how many hours I play. When i drop below a million gold I usually just buy some tokens and sell them for gold. This is an extremely cheap hobby in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallamouna View Post
    Ofc they are. Its their game and they do whatever they want.They let us believe the fairytale about Supply/demand.They have perfect and clever marketing.
    But if im wrong and you are right, soon prices will go back to near 100k or less for EU, 35-40k or US and 150+ for Asia.
    In one day boom 80k+ up and you believe the supply/demand
    If alot of people are buying tokens and there are very few tokens available, prices go up. It's very simple, Alot of people rushed to buy tokens from the AH when they noticed this change, thus less tokens and prices rise. It's already going fast down (Since the mad Zerg has probably stopped buying or many more are selling), decreasing 2k in every 10 min or so.
    Last edited by Nalam the Venom; 2017-02-07 at 06:12 PM.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

No.

And I laugh at every single dumbass who thinks they're "sticking it" to Blizzard by using tokens instead of paying a subscription (or, now, buying anything from their store). For every $15 you spend/buy, you're actually giving them $20. Way to show them up, you crafty genius you! <thumbs up>

I've been doing the absolute minimum since WoD and bought an xmog mount last week. I still have 600k on my account. I'll be fine.
    I'm probably going to take a break bc Im not doing as much as I want to, but no matter the cost it's still pretty cheap (read: free, since my wallet is 100% untouched)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    No.

And I laugh at every single dumbass who thinks they're "sticking it" to Blizzard by using tokens instead of paying a subscription (or, now, buying anything from their store). For every $15 you spend/buy, you're actually giving them $20. Way to show them up, you crafty genius you! <thumbs up>
    ^^^ Noone realizes that blizzard makes more money from tokens than they do subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never used WoW Tokens to pay for my sub, so no, it hasn't affected me on if I quit or not.

- - - Updated - - -

No.

How so? I'm not sure I get what you mean.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

The price is great. If it makes you quit that is also great.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    I've never used WoW Tokens to pay for my sub, so no, it hasn't affected me on if I quit or not.

- - - Updated - - -

If you use a sub/bnet balance token, you get 15 dollars of value from a 20 dollar pricetag.
    The tokens cost 20 dollars. Blizzard gets 20 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Why do people make polls and then give choices that completely break the point of the poll?
    Because #Murloclivesmatter

113k for a token on NA. Holy crap

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    If you use a sub/bnet balance token, you get 15 dollars of value from a 20 dollar pricetag.
    Oh right, derp, makes sense now.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    Very true, but the confusion he has comes from the post he responded saying to stating that the person buying the token off the AH for gold was giving Blizz $20. While actually the person that sold the token on the AH payed $20.

I see what they were saying, it's just the semantics were a little odd is all.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The cost of a years worth of WoW is less then 4 hours of pay for me. The price of a token is not a dependency on my entertainment for the year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    That would be a very useful app.
    Here's an ugly sneak peak:

Might be motivated to finish it if people are actually interested, just need to come up with a better way of storing the lovely historical graph data which was on the right...
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Exactly. I'll emphasize my own post just to emphasize my point.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock
    If you can't figure out why, despite it being so blatantly fucking obvious, you're pretty much exactly the type of person being referred to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog View Post
    Very true, but the confusion he has comes from the post he responded saying to stating that the person buying the token off the AH for gold was giving Blizz $20. While actually the person that sold the token on the AH payed $20.
    Good fucking God. Are people really this obtuse? Who the fuck do you think the token was bought for? Hint: It's the person who actually fucking uses it. aka, You. So yes, every time you buy a token -- whether you do it yourself or someone does it for you -- YOU are giving $20 to Blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good fucking God. Are people really this obtuse? Who the fuck do you think the token was bought for? Hint: It's the person who actually fucking uses it. aka, You. So yes, every time you buy a token -- whether you do it yourself or someone does it for you -- YOU are giving $20 to Blizzard.
    Dude, chill the fuck out, I'm explaining where the confusion came from. I said i understood what was meant, but from a purely semantic point of view, it WAS in fact worded wrongly.

And NO, when somebody goes on the AH and buys a token, they are giving gold to another player. THAT PLAYER gave $20 to blizzard, not the person that bought and used the token from the AH. If I don't buy the token, that person still has given $20 to Blizzard, my actions as an AH token purchaser has no effect on that transaction. The buyers on the AH only determines how much gold that person that spent the $20 actually gets by way of supply and demand. It doesn't effect the $20 purchase at all.
    Last edited by Ghrog; 2017-02-07 at 07:34 PM.

Deleted
    If you can't spare 10 bucks for your monthly fee because you're so ''awakened'' and protesting against ''muh evil corporations'' then I have no idea why you're playing WoW to begin with.

Go play a MOBA.

I didn't realize how much I want a playable murloc until now.

What was this supposed to be about again?