Thread: Fury vs Arms

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Fury vs Arms

As title states which is go to spec? I used to play prot but looking to dps. This forum seems to favor fury. What are the pros and cons? Is fury much better atm? How gear dependant are the two?

arms and fury are about even on single target, on aoe fury will go a bit ahead on most fights, unless fight flavours big pack aoe bladestorm burst every 1,5min but there are no fights like that in NH.

Fury is favored mainly because its stability and smooth rotation. It is also good on many NH fight due to its nature of natural cleave with ww>rampage>ww>bt and of course odyns fury. It also seems that fury scales better with gear so at end of nighthold fury might be ahead of arms by far, but i dont have data to prove it anyhow.

Arms on other hand is heavly proc dependant (not as much as in EN) but still i seen more then 100k dps difference for the same warrior on krosus mythic, which is not wanted especially in progress raids. That said arms is favored over fury if u look for top phrases at warcraftlogs, as its most likely one of the strongest single target specs in game if RNG god smiles on you.

It seems also that fury is easier to gear up as it has many viable relic options trait wise and gear can be mix of haste AND mastery where versatility isnt bad at all in high ilvl situations. Arms stacks mastery like crazy so his loot table is limited.

Hope this helped a bit, cheers!

Fury in terms of game play is leagues better than Arms. There is some minor RNG involved, primarily through BT crits/enrage, however the entire spec is not dependent upon that happening, where as for Arms if you are not getting "regular" tactician procs, you are largely screwed.

On PURE single target (think Trilliax) Arms will most of the time beat Fury -- that being said however Fury is still extremely competitive single target while, IMO, being superior for cleave/burst AOE DPS. Arms burst AOE DPS is absolutely fantastic when you combo WB+BC+Bladestorm, however the long CD of bladestorm hurts how often you can use this. Fury's combo of Avatar/BT/OF is very, very strong, and the fact that you can combo BT+OF every ~40 seconds makes it far more useful.

Again, my opinion. I played Arms all through Mythic EN/Mythic ToV and made the switch to Fury with the release of Nighthold. I've enjoyed Fury FAR more than Arms now that I've made the switch. Give them both a try and see what you like!

Deleted
    pretty even on st but fury will outshine arms on all other fights.... And arms is not fun if your procs are shit

The randomness of Arms does make it rather fun. I literally go on a high when I start stringing procs, not even looking at the damage meter but knowing that I'm dumping everyone.

However I have the Legendary Gloves. The extra rage gen you get from Gloves allows you to spam FR more thus fish for more procs. The Legendary Ring gives you a rage free execute and in that free global you can generate rage with your swing. So the fun of the spec could be legendary dependent. Try them both out.

Fury is far better for 5 mans though due to it's natural AoE, I mean Arms is arguably better on Tyrannical, but you'll get to the bosses faster as Fury.

Overall try both specs out and play the one you like better. I've always been an Arms guy.

EDIT: Also factor in Fury is utter crap in PvP due to the extra damage you take.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury Fury

In closing I'm gonna add Fury because this really gets to the point of the matter, and in reality, its the best solution for a variety of reasons. Godspeed and have a wonderful day and I hope you spend Valentines Day in a Fury.
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

Deleted
    There is no reason to play arms anymore, the output of both specs is close enough that you are free to choose based on playstyle, and no sane person would pick arms over fury based on playstyle.

cohee buzz sinks im insane. but i think he is a whatever lits up click it stupid kind of guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheebuzz View Post
    There is no reason to play arms anymore, the output of both specs is close enough that you are free to choose based on playstyle, and no sane person would pick arms over fury based on playstyle.
    Which legendaries you have are the main reason, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I have the gloves and the ring and I still switched to Fury. Best decision I ever made.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I had no legendaries when I went fury. It was a literal case of I enjoyed fury the most of the two specs.

The fact that is now does decent damage and the two specs are so close means that I am no longer stuck with trying to juggle two specs and gear. I can and do go into raids and mythic+ confident that I can pull my own weight and contribute without the need to spec swap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    cohee buzz sinks im insane. but i think he is a whatever lits up click it stupid kind of guy.
    Way to take it personally and not understanding figures of speech...

Fury is better than Arms. I has more interesting game play and does better overall damage. You just wouldn't know it by going to the World of Warcraft forums. I mean they act like warriors are just horrible regardless of spec and can't complete with other classes. They hate the game play and the numbers of even Fury which I think is amazing with good numbers. Fury always seem to pull great numbers in pugs. The Fury Warriors who complain about DPS have very low haste on gear and just equip highest ilevel.

The world first Guldan mythic kill had two Fury Warriors. But if you tell them that on the forums you will get downvoted to Helya. Those Warriors are bad, makes MMO champion feel like Zen Master posts. This is coming from a former Affliction Warlock. I thought the Warlock community felt like a biker bar mixed with a depression support group. Not compared to the WoW official Warrior forums, about the only thing I agree with is blue posters do ignore them. I also can't speak on PVP as I hate it. Do not know if those concerns are valid.

I would play whatever you liked best unless raiding mythic.
    Last edited by Epicon; 2017-02-08 at 06:29 AM.

Play the spec that sims you highest. Arms sims me 606k, fury sims me 550k-ish. So I switch between the specs depending on fight. Both weapons have pretty much the same relics. My gear is the following:

Arms gear: Draught of souls, Ayala's stone heart (BIS1), kil'jaeden's burning wish (BIS2).
    Fury gear: Draught of souls, Ayala's stone heart, Convergence of Fates and Naj'entus Vertebrae.

In general, there's no doubt Fury is the way to go. Also, you get to pvp without switching all talents/button-placements on the action bars.

Either way you need Draught of souls badlllllly

Hello!
    I am also thinking about switching to fury from arms.
    Currently i have 5 legendaries (Ayalas Ring, Neck, Wrists, WW-Waist, CS-Pants). I have DoS also.
    Simcraft sims me at about 714k dps as arms (Weapon lvl 54). When i switch to fury it sims me about 630k dps (wepon lvl 38).
    The overall itemlevel for both specss is nearly the same: Arms 890 and fury 892.
    I am very frustrated about the current playstyle of arms and of the big difference between both speccs.
    But what if i switch to fury and suddenly the hands for arms could have dropped?
    Pls help me with any advice...i know that most of players are going to fury...but i have invested so much time and work in my arms specc...it really mae me think: switch or quit the game...= ((

10+ Year Old Account
    Simcraft sims ≠ reality.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Deleted
    Fury got more management where arms Are more proc oriented.
    Fury got the most smooth feeling (rotation) but on the other hand , arms feels epic when\if you keep getting these procs (RNG) and absolutely destroy your opponent.

Personally I like arms better, but I do understand why so many praises fury and if OP is going to roll one of the specs I would recommend fury

Quote Originally Posted by Conan1 View Post
    On PURE single target (think Trilliax) Arms will most of the time beat Fury
    Imo statistics look too close for the moment to make that call. Might change once encounters are getting shorter.
    anyway no reason to play arms. fury has slightly less crippling rng, less apm requirements and more flexible cleave.

If you plan no doing any PvP go Arms.