Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What a sad, sad state

PvP has always been my favorite part of wow, however since Legion launched I've grown to hate it. Whenever i get the urge to pvp i just play other games. PvP seems to be in a godawful state of balance and I find absolutely no fun i qing anymore.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

No, I play pvp every day and love it.

90% are probably in the same boat tbh.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Ya the game is crap for PvP. Unrewarding, unbalanced, and toxic. Tough to find arena partners, people only want to play OP comps. My warrior has become a random BG hero because its impossible to find arena or rbg teams. I cancelled my subscription and will find another game to play. I can find arena/rbg teams on my other characters but only when its an OP comp (eg ret/surv/rdruid). I don't see the point in wasting all my time playing this game when there is no fun to be had.
    Last edited by Brewski; 2017-02-08 at 04:18 AM.

Unless you're playing FOTM, it's miserable.

Everyone who says that "they're enjoying pvp right now" is most likely playing a Frost DK, a Ret Paladin, an Assassination Rogue or Havoc DH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post

Everyone who says that "they're enjoying pvp right now" is most likely playing a Frost DK, a Ret Paladin, an Assassination Rogue or Havoc DH.
    I can ensure you that based on what you consider as the requirement for enjoyable, playing FDK right now doesn't qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    I can ensure you that based on what you consider as the requirement for enjoyable, playing FDK right now doesn't qualify.
    Fdk is worse than any spec, UH isnt much better. They gutted DKs and they cant balance the classes around pvp for shit
    "Templates will fix it!" Oh, really now.

WoD was far more fun in every way PvP wise .. #Fire_Team_Diablo

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post

Yeah. I agree with this. PvP used to be a lot more than charge in and spam pve rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Aristeaus View Post
    Yeah. I agree with this. PvP used to be a lot more than charge in and spam pve rotation
    Only in the capacity of using some CC while your teammate spams his pvp rotation, sometimes doing ur rotation a bit different to pve, but same outcome. Anyone who thinks pvp somehow changed in legion is confused. It's always been the same shit at the highest ratings. Play a good team comp (lots of different DRs, survivability+rot or cc+burst) with voice and outplay the other team through awareness, good timing, and spamming as much damage into your opponent as possible, making sure to set up your win condition when your cooldowns come up. Been like that since cata at the very least but im sure it played the same in wotlk (as if beastcleave and TSG didnt pve rotation you to death back then also).

It seems for once, melee are super good no matter which one you play and this seems to piss some people off. I don't know why, I played a frost mage before and as long as it wasnt a hunter, I knew i was in control the whole time. Maybe that paradigm has changed now (not like mages still cant cc you for a decade) and its that thats getting to some of you who were used to standing in the back of bgs or 1600 3s and nuking people from the side. Gonna need to learn how to kite now lads.

Deleted
    Well I'm at prestige 9- which means I have done tons of pvp. However I do understand why so many are unhappy with it.
    Stuff are being balanced around 3s which means that the casual pvp player might end up with a busted class for random bgs - and other play a super OP class and end up destroying everyone while backpeddling.

Wow pvp sure need ALOT of tuning to make it enjoyable for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel that the pvp rewards are there to make people grind for the sake of it
    just look at every season
    win x rbg, win x arena, get a faction mount, get one of the 5 titles
    and making people pay for it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristeaus View Post
    PvP has always been my favorite part of wow, however since Legion launched I've grown to hate it. Whenever i get the urge to pvp i just play other games. PvP seems to be in a godawful state of balance and I find absolutely no fun i qing anymore.

Is anyone else in the same boat?
    wow is a game made for pve with pvp being a side thing
    if you want real pvp you should allways play a game like mobas or overwatch where pvp is the main standpoint

a game based around something will allways be better at it then something with that as a "side thing"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    wow is a game made for pve with pvp being a side thing
    if you want real pvp you should allways play a game like mobas or overwatch where pvp is the main standpoint

a game based around something will allways be better at it then something with that as a "side thing"
    It hasn't been a side thing since blizzard started hosting arena tournaments... Their problem is they don't have a clue how to balance, not that PvP is a "side thing"... That being said, PvP balance has almost never been as fucked up as it is right now, they have made it good in the past, they can do it again, they just need to hire people who have a fucking clue, because WoW's PvP team has few, if any at the moment... PvP has been a part of WoW for far too long now for them to not have a competent design team working on it, even if it WERE a side thing.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-02-08 at 05:53 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I've been enjoying PvP more and more, so I prefer the direction that it's going in.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    It hasn't been a side thing since blizzard started hosting arena tournaments... Their problem is they don't have a clue how to balance, not that PvP is a "side thing"... That being said, PvP balance has almost never been as fucked up as it is right now, they have made it good in the past, they can do it again, they just need to hire people who have a fucking clue, because WoW's PvP team has few, if any at the moment.
    except it is allways a side thing, PVE has allways been the priority, and really?
    pvp balance has "allmost never been as fucked up"

guess you dident play vanilla or bc :P

so as a mage you could interupt a warlock, and then they died, cause they couldent cast ANYTHING for 8 seconds... and well yep
    mages could also use ice block every like 15 seconds, so you would ice block to dodge single spells

rogues could stun you for 8 seconds and easily kill you within that time and nothing you could do except get ready to respawn

warlocks if not taken care of could easily 1 shot you with a shadowbolt crit

warriors could charge in and 2 crit shot you well taking NO damage

hunters could infinitely kite you, staying out of your range just attacking you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except it is allways a side thing, PVE has allways been the priority, and really?
    pvp balance has "allmost never been as fucked up"

guess you dident play vanilla or bc :P

so as a mage you could interupt a warlock, and then they died, cause they couldent cast ANYTHING for 8 seconds... and well yep
    mages could also use ice block every like 15 seconds, so you would ice block to dodge single spells

rogues could stun you for 8 seconds and easily kill you within that time and nothing you could do except get ready to respawn

warlocks if not taken care of could easily 1 shot you with a shadowbolt crit

warriors could charge in and 2 crit shot you well taking NO damage

hunters could infinitely kite you, staying out of your range just attacking you
    hasn't been a side thing since blizzard started hosting arena tournaments

Since they started hosing tournaments, balance has almost never been this fucked... Even in BC, it was better than this, at least back then ranged could do things without a DH in their face 24/7 doing as much damage as a ret paladin.

So much for blizzard's "high uptime melee will do less damage" promise from beta.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Really noteworthy how many people are leaving pvp now they can't faceroll others with their superior gear anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    Ya the game is crap for PvP. Unrewarding, unbalanced, and toxic. Tough to find arena partners, people only want to play OP comps. My warrior has become a random BG hero because its impossible to find arena or rbg teams. I cancelled my subscription and will find another game to play. I can find arena/rbg teams on my other characters but only when its an OP comp (eg ret/surv/rdruid). I don't see the point in wasting all my time playing this game when there is no fun to be had.
    This is a side effect of them removing teams which is what people asked them to do for years. When you remove structure people only want the easiest or best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Really noteworthy how many people are leaving pvp now they can't faceroll others with their superior gear anymore.
    Gear is still a big factor and your weapon plays a huge part in pvp.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    hasn't been a side thing since blizzard started hosting arena tournaments

Since they started hosing tournaments, balance has almost never been this fucked... Even in BC, it was better than this, at least back then ranged could do things without a DH in their face 24/7 doing as much damage as a ret paladin.

So much for blizzard's "high uptime melee will do less damage" promise from beta.
    just because they are hosting tournoments doesent mean it isnt a side thing....

again even in bc it wasent better then this
    back in bc you faced a warlock? lol get fucked