Deleted

2 Piece bonus fury

I just realized that the bonus fury aplies only to demons bite/demon blades and felbade.
    Fury from Blind fury, and Demonic apetitte are not affected.
    Why blizz? I want to play demonic spec, but why are you forcing me to go burst mongol???

Quote Originally Posted by chaozstar View Post
    I just realized that the bonus fury aplies only to demons bite/demon blades and felbade.
    Fury from Blind fury, and Demonic apetitte are not affected.
    Why blizz? I want to play demonic spec, but why are you forcing me to go burst mongol???
    If you want to play demonic, play demonic. Stop being a child.

Set only buffs Fury generation of 'abilities', not talents or other effects (e.g. Leggy Ring).

But you could just play Memeonic and accept playing sub-optimally. It's still decent DPS if played correctly and shouldn't be an issue for non-Mythic raids. For Mythic raids, well...suck it up. There will be another cookie cutter spec for T20. Business as usual.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Deleted
    If you play demonic you are already playing a suboptimal spec even without 2pc, so what does it have to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by kunnk View Post
    If you play demonic you are already playing a suboptimal spec even without 2pc, so what does it have to do with it?
    Maybe the OP thinks that if 2pc worked for mentioned talents it would bring Memeonic up to Nem/CB levels. But dunno... /shrug
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Deleted
    The point is that i am simming the same numbers with Demonic and CB built. plus Demonic is more fun to play and the set should be buffing the class all around.

BTW demon blades are a talent too as felblade.
    Last edited by mmoc9bcd4175c1; 2017-02-09 at 09:00 PM.

2pc actually works for the soul fragment, demons bite and blind fury. dunno what OP is talkin about.

I do 580k dps with demonic because of legendaries so there you go.

If you're simming the same DPS with Demonic and CB build on purely ST then something's wrong. Do you have a unique set for each or are you simming in one set of gear? While Demonic can certainly keep up and isn't terrible, with the right gear our standard ST 2/2/2 build is always going to beat it whether it's by 10k DPS or 100k.

Yes standart ST sims higher for me by around 20k dps ish but my experience with it the opposite. I always end up lower than demonic in the actual fight. I have neither anger nor cindaria. My leggis are achor, sephuz, the shoes, grandeur and raddons. I run with raddons and grandeur and I have a 60% uptime on meta so I can cheese a lot of mechanics maybe that makes the difference. I am most of the time above my estimated sim with demonic... rarely with standart ST.

I also have unique sets for each spec. I often sim my character to find the optimal gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    If you're simming the same DPS with Demonic and CB build on purely ST then something's wrong. Do you have a unique set for each or are you simming in one set of gear? While Demonic can certainly keep up and isn't terrible, with the right gear our standard ST 2/2/2 build is always going to beat it whether it's by 10k DPS or 100k.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I definitely get 38 and 39 fury from soul fragments with 2pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mineral4r7s View Post
    Yes standart ST sims higher for me by around 20k dps ish but my experience with it the opposite. I always end up lower than demonic in the actual fight. I have neither anger nor cindaria. My leggis are achor, sephuz, the shoes, grandeur and raddons. I run with raddons and grandeur and I have a 60% uptime on meta so I can cheese a lot of mechanics maybe that makes the difference. I am most of the time above my estimated sim with demonic... rarely with standart ST.

I also have unique sets for each spec. I often sim my character to find the optimal gear.
    I mean you have optimal legendaries for Demonic/AOE and subpar legendaries for the standard ST build. On top of that, if your ST set doesn't have great crit/mastery/12% haste it's not exactly surprising that your Demonic build is doing a bit more.

Do you have a CoF trinket for ST build to go with the shoulders? I'm so jealous of you guys with the shoulders, I have *everything* needed for 2m meta build aside from those. My meta is already down to like 2.4-2.7 minutes depending on RNG.

2piece works for DA but not for Blind Fury. It also works for the ring fury AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    2piece works for DA but not for Blind Fury. It also works for the ring fury AFAIK.
    It does not work for the extra fury generated by the ring; the ring is technically giving its additional fury separately and is not actually adding it to the fury gained from Demon's Bite/Blades, so the ring is a flat gain regardless of 2p bonus.

No, I am unlucky with my relics. I run with 2x eye beam relics because its simply the highest ilevel relics I got. A meta and another chaos strike relict would be lovely but alas It is not the case. No CoF for me yet.

Nice part about shoulders with demonic is the insane amount of fury you get sometimes. When I have a lucky rush I am constantly fury capped by either spawning fragments like crazy or critting like crazy or both. DPS goes through the roof. Ofc you can be unlucky and have to rely on demon's bite to generate the fury.

Which means in turn you greatly decrease your cooldown on meta its 5 seconds for 4 chaos strikes.

I only have 2 set pieces and its head and shoulders... hahaha so kinda hard to wear that when I run demonic.

I wanna have 4 piece so badly. 10% more crit equals more chaos strikes equals more fragments equals more meta uptime equals more fun xD

I mean you have optimal legendaries for Demonic/AOE and subpar legendaries for the standard ST build. On top of that, if your ST set doesn't have great crit/mastery/12% haste it's not exactly surprising that your Demonic build is doing a bit more.

Do you have a CoF trinket for ST build to go with the shoulders? I'm so jealous of you guys with the shoulders, I have *everything* needed for 2m meta build aside from those. My meta is already down to like 2.4-2.7 minutes depending on RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Mineral4r7s View Post
    No, I am unlucky with my relics. I run with 2x eye beam relics because its simply the highest ilevel relics I got. A meta and another chaos strike relict would be lovely but alas It is not the case. No CoF for me yet.

Nice part about shoulders with demonic is the insane amount of fury you get sometimes. When I have a lucky rush I am constantly fury capped by either spawning fragments like crazy or critting like crazy or both. DPS goes through the roof. Ofc you can be unlucky and have to rely on demon's bite to generate the fury.

Which means in turn you greatly decrease your cooldown on meta its 5 seconds for 4 chaos strikes.

I only have 2 set pieces and its head and shoulders... hahaha so kinda hard to wear that when I run demonic.

I wanna have 4 piece so badly. 10% more crit equals more chaos strikes equals more fragments equals more meta uptime equals more fun xD
    I'm sure you know this, but capping Fury is almost always a bad thing. It's not as big of a deal when you use Demon's Bite as you have to worry less about random spikes of Fury gen, but you still want to try to avoid clipping over any fragments on the ground until you're sure you can benefit from the full amount of Fury it generates. It can be a problem when multiple fragments are close together. Still, if you find yourself hitting cap chances are you may have also missed out on a few Fury over that cap. Try to hold off until you are low, like when you're at 45 or so and are using your next GCD on that final Chaos Strike, to strafe to those fragments. I'm sure you're already doing this, this is more a reference for others reading this thread.

As for your relics, for Havoc the item level is generally the most important part for us. There are classes where "this trait is worth this many item levels" for many of them, but less so for us. Still, there *are* traits out there that are worth a (small) item level less for. For instance, it may be worth swapping an 880 Eye Beam relic for an 875 Critical Chaos one. Don't be scared to lose a little bit of item level for a better trait; just not a HUGE amount of item level. Considering that the Eye Beam relic contributes literally ZERO DPS on a purely single-target fight, swapping to the Chaos Strike crit damage one is even more beneficial. Even a Throw Glaive damage relic is going to be better; I definitely wouldn't lose item level to equip the TG one, but (assuming you're ONLY considering pure ST) even the Throw Glaive relic is going to contribute more DPS on pure single target as you're still popping TG as filler. You're never using Eye Beam on ST in the standard 2/2/2 build.

You are absolutely right about that and like you said I know that. If you could line up your fragments perfectly I guess demonic has a possibility to outperform standart ST in ST because you always have fragments handy when you need them. Sadly game mechanics make it so you can never stand still so I try to use all of em asap with as little lost fury as possible. Furthermore you really need an amazing streak of luck to be fury capped for several seconds (but its so much fun).

I'm sure you know this, but capping Fury is almost always a bad thing. It's not as big of a deal when you use Demon's Bite as you have to worry less about random spikes of Fury gen, but you still want to try to avoid clipping over any fragments on the ground until you're sure you can benefit from the full amount of Fury it generates. It can be a problem when multiple fragments are close together. Still, if you find yourself hitting cap chances are you may have also missed out on a few Fury over that cap. Try to hold off until you are low, like when you're at 45 or so and are using your next GCD on that final Chaos Strike, to strafe to those fragments. I'm sure you're already doing this, this is more a reference for others reading this thread.

As for your relics, for Havoc the item level is generally the most important part for us. There are classes where "this trait is worth this many item levels" for many of them, but less so for us. Still, there *are* traits out there that are worth a (small) item level less for. For instance, it may be worth swapping an 880 Eye Beam relic for an 875 Critical Chaos one. Don't be scared to lose a little bit of item level for a better trait; just not a HUGE amount of item level. Considering that the Eye Beam relic contributes literally ZERO DPS on a purely single-target fight, swapping to the Chaos Strike crit damage one is even more beneficial. Even a Throw Glaive damage relic is going to be better; I definitely wouldn't lose item level to equip the TG one, but (assuming you're ONLY considering pure ST) even the Throw Glaive relic is going to contribute more DPS on pure single target as you're still popping TG as filler. You're never using Eye Beam on ST in the standard 2/2/2 build.