Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    Don't geddit.

Regardless, legendaries will help your spec decisions.
    My point is that I could (and have/ max out Fire and 'specialize' in aoe, but that still makes me really bad at single target so I'm still required to max out Frost.

Then at any point Blizzard could decide Arcane is the best spec and then that ride starts all over again, especially in 7.2.

If you're in a strong guild who's likely not going to get stuck till like, Elisande or Gul'dan you could argue to just go with the spec that works for those bosses, but mages don't really have that luxury as frost is much better for Augur for example which you're likely getting stuck on as a slower progressing guild.

Anyways I'm tired and ranting while not being very coherent, my point is that AP sucks for classes with multiple dps that are all good for different bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonasknepper View Post
    Wow you guys bullshit a lot. 54 is NOT needed to do mythic raiding. For the past month or two I've only done a few mythic + dungeons and I've barely logged on when I'm not raiding and my logs are fine. Not here to brag, but people demanded proof, so here are my logs. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...173409/latest/
    Says the bullshitter who links heroic logs?

Wow you guys bullshit a lot. 54 is NOT needed to do mythic raiding. For the past month or two I've only done a few mythic + dungeons and I've barely logged on when I'm not raiding and my logs are fine. Not here to brag, but people demanded proof, so here are my logs. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...173409/latest/
    Oh baby here we go, thread derailed.

10+ Year Old Account
    People want to subject themselves to doing 54 traits just by doing world quests?

How is that any different to grinding M+ for the same purpose.

People generally don't farm M+ for AP, its for legendary kill points & a chance at good gear, admittedly the weekly chest value is now diminished substantially for anyone in Mythic Nighthold.

Quote Originally Posted by Shingaru View Post
    one of them yes. stopped caring about leggos
    Wish I could do this, but playing from 10% behind is just so unappealing to me that I do extra M+ each week just to try my luck.

I'm sure everyone agrees it is not needed for progressing HC Guldan like you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    If I thought you'd make constructive criticism instead of shoving your epeen down my throat, I'd be happy to give you them when I get in, in a few hours time. Seeing as you've already taken a verbal shit on me for giving an opinion and from the sounds of it, going to get a cheap giggle from my team. You can take a flying fuck I could add I know people progressing in mythic without full traits, but you'd also want evidence of that I suppose?

I love the attitude though

YOU'VE NOT DONE IT YET YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT <insert filthy casual comment>
    You said you're beating your guildies yet are progressing heroic - which doesn't add up if your guildies are performing even near a mythic level.

Link logs to prove otherwise, since for all we know you're beating people who will never see past trilliax anyway.

Sidenote: 54 traits naturally isn't 'required' to mythic raid the first half of the instance, but past that you're going to struggle until you're walking around in 910-915 gear to compensate (At which point why not just get your damn traits)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I feel a bit the same way until 7.2. Hopefully they'll retune the difficulty to a large degree. At the moment anyone who is serious can run +15s quite easily. Also I hope they increase the base ilvl of max m+ by at least 5 ilvls from 885 to 890 in order to remain competitive with mythic nighthold.

Deleted
    These threads are always full of heroic players claiming that "you dont need x because look at me".

if you are DPS in a decent guild you 100% need 54 traits its fucking obvious

Even when i have 54 traits, ill keep running mythic+. I enjoy them so not a big deal to me

Quote Originally Posted by Shingaru View Post
    Hi,

Finally after 5 months I can be a raid logger on my main. Just hit 54 traits, 900 ilvl equipped. Due to the way my gear is set up tier/leggos the only upgrades from weekly chest I could possible need is belt, braces, feet and these would have to ofc need perfect stat setup vs the 890/895 im wearing now.

its taken a long time - but happy I dont feel like I need to log in everyday and do 'stuff' and can play on my alts etc.

Any1 else feeling a sense of relief?
    7.1.5 is the Alt Patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    People want to subject themselves to doing 54 traits just by doing world quests?

How is that any different to grinding M+ for the same purpose.

People generally don't farm M+ for AP, its for legendary kill points & a chance at good gear, admittedly the weekly chest value is now diminished substantially for anyone in Mythic Nighthold.
    I like variety. Feels less grindy that way.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Why do people even farm m+ for AP if they hate it... and not normal mythics?
    It's like.... 10 times faster, and just as effective as doing a +10++.

Best way to farm AP is to split it up and not farm one thing over and over.
    Blue WQs, Elite WQs (mostly done for the daily anyway)
    3-4 M+0 (especially Arcway)
    Weekly ~2-3 M+ (for the reward chest)

+ whatever raid difficulty you can handle/your raid does.

Do anything more than that and you should do it for fun, but not because you want to farm AP.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-02-11 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalwraith View Post
    I'm relieved you no longer have to do optional things you felt you had to do. Good for you.
    Optional things? Not according to my guild leader.. I am at 42 perk while everyone else is at 50+, because i saw it as optional. and was doing other stuff i found more fun, But apprently it's not and now he's mad at me and i have to farm like crazy or Gkick

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Deleted
    If you are at ~42, chances are, you just log in to raid.
    Maybe your Gleader isn't looking for that kind of guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Optional things? Not according to my guild leader.. I am at 42 perk while everyone else is at 50+, because i saw it as optional. and was doing other stuff i found more fun, But apprently it's not and now he's mad at me and i have to farm like crazy or Gkick
    Gkick? That's a little harsh. :P

In my guild I think we are expected to have 54 or be close to 54 traits in our main specs by now. If somebody has low traits, they won't be gkicked or demoted, but they are more likely to be benched during Mythic progress since we'll have other raiders with 54 traits. It's fair enough if you're after as much damage as possible.

I do like running M+ when I'm in the mood, now that I am 54 traits in my healing spec I'm just casually working on an offspec that I don't use in raids, so besides getting a +15 done every week I feel no pressure to do them. I do it if I feel like it or if I'm free and someone asks. It did feel like a relief getting 54 traits in my main spec though, since my offspecs aren't as important so I can take my time levelling those. 7.2 won't be out for a while anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    If you are at ~42, chances are, you just log in to raid.
    Maybe your Gleader isn't looking for that kind of guy.
    Tbh if you play a pure and you have two specs that are good at completely different things you have to play way too much to get maxed AP on two weapons/legendaries.

The only people who don't complain about AP/legendaries in my guild are hybrids, rogues or healers/tanks.

Being a mage/warlock/hunter fucking sucks right now imo.

Deleted
    Hunter is fine imho. There is no real reason to switch from either MM or BM right now.

But yeah, I see what you are getting at. 2 specs are indeed tedious. Even more so because you don't want to switch before you have the 2nd spec at the same powerlevel (or relatively close)

But on the other hand... if you do what I said week for week, you are certainly fairly close to your 2nd 54 trait weapon right now.
    M+ farming isn't that great anymore (ever since they removed the 2x AP per chest) It's still good. but worse than WQs and normal Mythics.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-02-12 at 09:07 AM.

I always love these threads because it devolves into a circular screaming match between people. Who cares if this guy wants to farm 54 traits? Its his toon and his life. All the people telling him he's not forced to, and then arguing when he says he is... you're not "forced" to do anything in WoW. You are forced to do a lot of things in WoW if you want to do certain things with certain people. There's no need to argue semantics. Forced is forced.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

I have 50 traits in my main weapon; I raid, I do my emissaries, I do an m+ or three on off nights if the mood strikes me. Obviously four more traits would be a gain in throughput but I don't feel a ton of pressure to get them; I've had many purple+ parses on mythic encounters (we're on spellblade now.)

I don't think it's long-run productive to have a casual-ish 3 night raid group killing themselves farming maw 9s or whatever; you want your people to be happy to log in and do things together, not look at it as drudgery.

Yeah i've pretty much stopped logging my main aswell. 54 traits in protection, 3 out of the 4 bis legendaries and 911 overall ilvl. I pretty much only log during raids and boost runs. Cba doing emissaries either, since i don't really care about legendaries anymore.

I'm quite happy with the situation tbh. Gives me more time to focus on my main alt.