Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Being sedentary is supposedly as bad or worse than smoking. You need to move and go for walks at the very least.

Flour, dairy, anything processed is also all terrible for you.

Red meat is not great either. Go with healthier meats, chicken, turkey, seafood.

I eat paleo and there is a lot of great information and websites on the internet that can explain it better than me. Basically its eating the way humanity ate for 99% of our existence. It's what our bodies are designed to like and since I've started it (6 weeks ago) I feel tremendously better.

I'd also even suggest home exercise programs. Beachbody is a popular company, although there are others I'm sure. I've done p90x twice and felt great after both times. It's nice to do it in your own space and not have to go to a gym. You just slowly do it and get better and better over time. No pressure, just do what you can and at the very least it gets you moving.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2017-02-11 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Quickie.

I'm 47 years of age and hardly (if ever) drink alcohol or smoke but I'm pretty hefty. That's just because I eat a lot and even then it's hardly fast food but just lots of meat. Been having significant difficulty breathing and chest aches for a while now, it's incredibly grating.

Now I to intend on visiting a doctor soon but I'm disappointed because the main reason I took years off booze was because of the myth that it leads to natural health spiraling downward real quick, and yet here I am still not faring that well.
    Sorry this is so mindbogling stupid I have trouble believing it is not a troll.

First things first. It is no myth that regular and long term consumption of alcohol or smoking have a significant negative impact on your health. Even if you dont get cancer.

You have breathing issues and chest pain? See a doctor. It doesnt have to be related to long term habits but could be an infection or inflamation. Could be all kinds of things. Maybe even Lupus, which it is probably not.

Regarding your complaints that you somehow are disappointed because life cheated you out of good health:
    Abstaining from two possible vices does not mean you arent actively damaging your body in other ways. Like stuffing your face with huge amounts of meat or deep fried stuff. Or like not keeping physically active, which seems THE MOST LIKELY issue in your case, seeing as you describe yourself as "hefty" and "I eat a lot" and having "breathing issues".
    What does the BMI chart say, are you at an increased risk just on account of your weight (+ the likely physical inactivity)?

Rolling a six sided dice six times does not guarantee you a yield of 1,2,3,4,5,6. Rolling a six sided dice also does not guarantee a "6" when rolled six times.
    Apply this to food and nutrition. You arent guaranteed cancer from a lifetime of smoking (or eating deep fried shit), nor are you guaranteed not to get cancer from not smoking and eating healthy.
    Yet with each "roll" the likelyhood of the respective events coming to pass increases.

Again, let me put this to you in the clearest terms. You arent "owed" good health because you abstained from two of an unlimited number of possible vices and allowed yourself just one tiny teeny tizzy vice like eating too goddamn much. That MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER.

Thats like me saying just because I abstained from shooting myself and throwing myself off a building that I am owed protection from physical injury when crossing the street at a red light with my eyes closed.

Sweet baby jesus please be a troll.
    Last edited by Runenwächter; 2017-02-11 at 04:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quickie.

I'm 47 years of age and hardly (if ever) drink alcohol or smoke but I'm pretty hefty. That's just because I eat a lot and even then it's hardly fast food but just lots of meat. Been having significant difficulty breathing and chest aches for a while now, it's incredibly grating.

Now I to intend on visiting a doctor soon but I'm disappointed because the main reason I took years off booze was because of the myth that it leads to natural health spiraling downward real quick, and yet here I am still not faring that well.
    That depends on what you mean by booze. A glass of Wine with dinner is healthy and so is the occasional Wheat beer. Drinking a whole pack,Bottle, hard liqouers is not.
    Smoking is unhealthy, that fact is not even up for debate anymore.

But yes you can be unhealthy even if you avoid smoking and drinking. There are numerous reasons

How much Meat are talking about and what type? Red Meat is also not the healthiest.
    overweight or Obesesity.
    Exercise.

Seriously, go to a Doctor, do not depend on a Forum for Medical advice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Being sedentary is supposedly as bad or worse than smoking. You need to move and go for walks at the very least.

Flour, dairy, anything processed is also all terrible for you.

Red meat is not great either. Go with healthier meats, chicken, turkey, seafood.

I eat paleo and there is a lot of great information and websites on the internet that can explain it better than me. Basically its eating the way humanity ate for 99% of our existence. It's what our bodies are designed to like and since I've started it (6 weeks ago) I feel tremendously better.

I'd also even suggest home exercise programs. Beachbody is a popular company, although there are others I'm sure. I've done p90x twice and felt great after both times. It's nice to do it in your own space and not have to go to a gym. You just slowly do it and get better and better over time. No pressure, just do what you can and at the very least it gets you moving.
    Dairy isn't necessarily unhealthy for you, not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    It really is about your BMI.
    No.
    BMI is bullshit. My doc told me never ever think "BMI."

I work out and at 5' 8" 200lbs I'd be considered obese by that idiocy called BMI.

This is more accurate (Body fat category = "athletic")

The issue with the OP is that he needs to fucking MOVE! Run around a few times or something that gets the heart pumping and the metabolism kicking up.

Just get some movement in there man.

You keep feeding it fuel but don't do anything to work the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    No.
    BMI is bullshit. My doc told me never ever think "BMI."

I work out and at 5' 8" 200lbs I'd be considered obese by that idiocy called BMI.

This is more accurate (Body fat category = "athletic")

The issue with the OP is that he needs to fucking MOVE! Run around a few times or something that gets the heart pumping and the metabolism kicking up.
    I think this is bad advice. Dont make someone who is most likely a completely cluelss person disregard general guidelines in favour of specific methods that depend on details that completely elude them. Less than 1% of the population have as much lean muscle mass as you say you do. So even if the BMI wouldnt be an accurate measurement (which I agree in this case it would not be) it is for vast majority of the population.

Btw. Your knee joints, hips and spine dont give a fuck if thats 200 pounds of lard or muscle they carry, the force resting on them is the same. Take care of your joints please mate, I ask of you as a fellow enthusiast of the iron. The same holds true (to a lesser degree) for the weight exerted by the slabs or lard or muscle on your chest when you sleep on your back (as you should), affecting your ease to breathe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alcohol, Smoking and Food/Drinks habits dictates your health. Manage to ignore one and you will get issues without an inch of a doubt.

And as you've said, go see a doctor very soon.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

*shrugs*
    I jog 6 miles with 5lbs of weights strapped on both forearms so when I run I'm 10lbs heavier for that added intensity. Stretching out before and after is always part of my routines. At my age (51) they have to be.

Deleted
    Not moving around much and eating to much or eating junk will give u fatty liver and fatty liver takes up alot of room inside you thats prolly why you have trouble breathing/heart problem.
    I used to have these problems when i was overweight especially at night sleaping on my side which was hard on my heart cus of fatty liver on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticia View Post
    I think meat is kind of garbage for our bodies
    I'm vegetarian for many reasons and i feel really healthy
    Hitler was a Vegetarian to

It's not like I eat garbage, though.
    Visit a docter and let him explain it to you. Only leave once you've grasped it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticia View Post
    I think meat is kind of garbage for our bodies
    I'm vegetarian for many reasons and i feel really healthy
    I eat meat and feel really healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Alcohol, Smoking and Food/Drinks habits dictates your health. Manage to ignore one and you will get issues without an inch of a doubt.

And as you've said, go see a doctor very soon.
    You forgot exercise.. seriously, the human body is not made for inactivity. Like at all. I'm a fat and lazy fuck but I at least know it.

Smoking and drinking are bad, sure, but sugar is just as bad. What does your intake look like?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8