Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Yeah XIV is solid. Looking forward to the pre-expansion patch that's reducing the GCD significantly, as that's really my main issue with the game. Really looking forward to Stormblood. Also, still the best looking MMO on max settings IMO.
    Wooow square will do that? If it's true i will definitely give a try =O

- - - Updated - - -

I'm on the same boat. I miss the old days of gaming so much. I used to feel so alive when I was just chilling and playing a video game. Now life is all about working and make money to find another shit to buy to kill some time and hope to not get tired of it before the end of the day. I don't have that happy feeling about things that I used to have. Nothing is new anymore, nothing is great like it used to be before. RIP childhood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chantique View Post
    Now life is all about working and make money to find another shit to buy to kill some time and hope to not get tired of it before the end of the day.
    Thanks for summarizing my life in one sentence.

7+ Year Old Account
    Try some of the Telltale games like The Walking Dead ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    i can find nothing about that gcd reduction, do you have a source?
    Also curious. I would sub right now if this is true. FFXIV is great but the GCD is aids

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    all i read from your post is “I have this awesome pc now i can play all this mainstream trash on max settings“
    You are picking the wrong games. Well Fallout 4 was ok and LiS ofc.

Want a shoter? Try borderlands (even if it is close to mainstream)
    Horror? Outlast, Amnesia, Soma
    Relaxing? Stardew Valley
    Puzzle like Portal? Turing Test or Antichamber
    Story driven games like LiS? Gone Home, The Wolf Among us, Telltale games in general, Firewatch

You will find however that for all this games the graphic does not matter much. Let your AAA games behind and try some other stuff. its worth it.
    On the flip side, a lot of AAA Games are really good. Uncharted, Mass Effect, Overwatch, etc. But yeah, theres a LOT of hidden indie gyms and lesser known games. Tons. The whistleblower expansion for Outlast was one of the creepiest experiences of my life :P

If you like ARPG's I'd give Path of Exile a go, new patch with new league coming in ~2 weeks, and new expansion with 6 more acts (lol) coming in 3-4 months after that.

But if you get bored of every game you try it sounds like normal burn out, just stop trying to force yourself to like it and do something else for a while and eventually you will most likely want to try something again.

have you tried hunting the greatest game of all?

because dont.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try any of these, if you don't enjoy any of them, you probably grew out of gaming:

Dark Souls 3
    Witcher 3
    Inside
    Mass Effect Trilogy
    Resident Evil 7
    Dark Souls 1
    Bioshock Infinite/1 HD remaster

All of them have a tendency to really suck you in.

I have/had a similar issue. Having played WoW for the majority of 12 years, every time I take a break, it's tough to fill that free time that I had while playing it. I recently quit back in December, but this time I've been filling my time by playing Smite on PC, Madden on Xb1, MLB the Show on PS3, and I've recently dipped into Path of Exile on PC. I'm slowly working my way through the Batman Telltale game, and even decide to give Mafia 3 a shot on PC. It's very common for me to just sit and stare at youtube or netflix though instead of playing games. It takes a good bit to get me into the mood to play games nowadays. Yet it seemed so easy for me to log into WoW and sit and idle. (Because I damn sure haven't enjoyed playing since probably October.

All I can say, is keep trying something until you hit on something you like. But take advantage of steam sales (and steam refunds), humble bundles, free to play, and even other *methods* of acquiring games on the cheap. No point in wasting money on something you'll only play for an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Chantique View Post
    Wooow square will do that? If it's true i will definitely give a try =O

- - - Updated - - -

I'm on the same boat. I miss the old days of gaming so much. I used to feel so alive when I was just chilling and playing a video game. Now life is all about working and make money to find another shit to buy to kill some time and hope to not get tired of it before the end of the day. I don't have that happy feeling about things that I used to have. Nothing is new anymore, nothing is great like it used to be before. RIP childhood.
    great post

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    Try some of the Telltale games like The Walking Dead ;-)
    I have the game of thrones tell tale game never finished it lol

I cycle through my hobbies a lot.

Games -> Anime -> TV/Movies -> Books -> Games again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Video games are just like anything else - music, books, films, people, whatever. Every now and then, a special one pops up that's worth one's attention, but everything else is a bunch of crap floating in a sea of mediocrity. It's unreasonable to expect to be consistently entertained by them.
    sad but true