Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

1 Month into his Presidency...Trump starts campaigning again

Source:

President Donald Trump took office just weeks ago, but now he is set to travel to Orlando Saturday for what the White House has termed “a campaign event.”

The event, which is listed on Trump’s campaign website, will take place at a hangar at the Orlando-Melbourne International Airport, the site of a previous Trump campaign rally in September.

Trump repeatedly took aim at former President Barack Obama for his campaign efforts while in office.

Asked about the event Wednesday, White House press secretary Sean Spicer called the rally “a campaign event” and said it is “being run by the campaign.”

On the day of his inauguration, Trump filed paperwork with the Federal Election Committee indicating a possible re-election bid in 2020. Trump wrote that his filing, “does not constitute a formal announcement,” but as a result, he is able to collect donations.

President Barack Obama didn't file his re-election paperwork until April 2011, 19 months before the 2012 presidential election; President George W. Bush didn't file until May 2003, 18 months before the 2004 election.

"Many times in the past, what sitting presidents have done in the first two years is really suspend any fundraising activities for their campaign committees," former FEC chair Michael Toner told ABC News in January, adding that the move could help keep the dollars flowing. "It gives them flexibility to raise money for a potential re-election effort."

In 2011, Trump tweeted that the country was “blowing up” in 2011 while Obama was “out campaigning,” and asking, “Does @BarackObama ever work? He is constantly campaigning and fundraising--on both the taxpayer's dime and time---not fair!”

The White House confirmed Wednesday that Trump will fly aboard Air Force One to Florida this weekend for a previously scheduled trip to his home at Mar-a-Lago. It is not yet clear how he will travel from there to Orlando for Saturday's event.
    Personally, I think this is more about Trump needing a boost to his ego than anything else.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Hey, he needed another excuse for his 4th consecutive weekend vacation.

BEING PRESIDENT IS HARD, ALRIGHT?! GIVE THE MAN A BREAK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good ol' Chumpster, his writing hand needs a break.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Honestly, after the shitty couple weeks that Trump has had, he may need a vacation. The guy is all about ego, so he's going there to hear people tell him he's pretty.

The man lives for publicity. Good, Bad, He doesn't care. The only reason he lies so much is because lies get more publicity.
    /s no one cares about the boring truth anymore /s
    If no one cares about the truth, why learn it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Honestly, after the shitty couple weeks that Trump has had, he may need a vacation. The guy is all about ego, so he's going there to hear people tell him he's pretty.
    Hasn't he already taken 3?

I live in melbourne and work 100 feet from where his rally will be saturday. I can't stand his constant visits. Stay in the motherfucking whitehouse you piece of shit.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

7+ Year Old Account
    Whether it's campaigning in person, YouTube videos, or Tweeting I think the main idea is to be pro-active with communication each week. His enemy the MSM will fill the void with a constant stream of their own messages otherwise. Modern life simply has more stimulus, that is the new normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    BEING PRESIDENT IS HARD, ALRIGHT?!
    Trump said it isn't.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Source:

Personally, I think this is more about Trump needing a boost to his ego than anything else.
    Maybe he figured out he was wrong, I have no problem with any President engaging with the American middle/lower class.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengel View Post
    The man lives for publicity. Good, Bad, He doesn't care. The only reason he lies so much is because lies get more publicity.
    /s no one cares about the boring truth anymore /s
    If no one cares about the truth, why learn it?

- - - Updated - - -

Hasn't he already taken 3?
    I really don't think Trump anticipated how exhausting the job was going to be. It's easy to delegate and sit in an office or go partying, but Trump was more of a Playboy than a worker. Being President means being bombarded with meetings and phone calls seven days a week, 18 hours a day. Honestly, there's no way for his brain to shut down and reload. He's a 70-year-old guy, who just took a job that entails working 80 hours a week, it could very well kill him.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2017-02-16 at 05:58 PM.

Does the job really warrant 4 consecutive weekends at his vacation resort? Could he just not chill it in WH instead of creating such a huge expense on weekly basis?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by karumayu View Post
    Does the job really warrant 4 consecutive weekends at his vacation resort? Could he just not chill it in WH instead of creating such a huge expense on weekly basis?
    The famous Whitehouse has no gold toilets, very low class, sad.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by karumayu View Post
    He needs his safe space, man.

Holy hell this press conference...

I really don't know what he's going to talk about (other than bitching about the judicial branch).

2020 is way too far away to start making campaign promises and he hasn't done enough yet where he can point to his record of accomplishments. The wall isn't under construction, his travel ban is currently blocked, he never did appoint that special investigator to prosecute Clinton, The Yemen raid was a failure, His approval numbers are in the toilet, etc.

I think it's mostly going to come down to him saying the same things he said during his campaign.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    I really don't know what he's going to talk about (other than bitching about the judicial branch).

2020 is way too far away to start making campaign promises and he hasn't done enough yet where he can point to his record of accomplishments. The wall isn't under construction, his travel ban is currently blocked, he never did appoint that special investigator to prosecute Clinton, The Yemen raid was a failure, His approval numbers are in the toilet, etc.

I think it's mostly going to come down to him saying the same things he said during his campaign.
    Most likely gonna call out anything that puts him in a negative light as fake, fake and more fake.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Whether it's campaigning in person, YouTube videos, or Tweeting I think the main idea is to be pro-active with communication each week. His enemy the MSM will fill the void with a constant stream of their own messages otherwise. Modern life simply has more stimulus, that is the new normal.
    I wouldn't necessarily object to an old Roosevelt style direct contact with the people thing. That isn't what this is about, though. It's about 2020. Unless you're going to say that Spicer is fake news as well, and it isn't a campaign event?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Bot failed turing test.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Most likely gonna call out anything that puts him in a negative light as fake, fake and more fake.
    Yeah, like I said...he's just going to say the same things he said during his campaign

He's still fucking talking about how many electoral college votes.

This is one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen in my life. Holy fucking shit, he's so petty and if you didn't know better you'd think he was one of the biggest victims in the world. His victim mentality makes SJW's blush.