Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account

Under performance (look at logs?)

So I was invited to trial this morning in Heroic Nighthold. The guild is nearly halfway through mythic so I'd assume heroic is on weekly farm but this was my first time ia. I was having latency issues on a few fights (elisande and gul'dan) but it shouldn't have effected my performance so much. I started late this xpac so I'm trailing behind a bit with ilvl and gear optimization but I have been pretty good about practicing damage rotations and sequences (dummies, research, etc.) I know 4 piece would greatly increase envenom damage and my haste is much higher and mastery is much lower than what is optimal but there is no way, as guilds/players were making their foray into heroic that their ilvl was much higher than mine. I am doing something wrong. I have scoured the many rogue sites and maybe there is something I'm missing. I could really use some criticism and help!

Also, my current armory is not what I was equipped with during raid. Frond, tier cloak, 890 crit/mastery boots and 890 gloves were upgrades throughout the raid.

If there is anymore information anyone would need to properly critique or help with dps I will try to provide as much as I can.

Character: Rjdilla (stormrage) guild: Ante Meridiem

Apparently there are url restrictions for newer members of the forum. I didn't want to find a way to skirt the rules so hopefully a name would be sufficient.

Thanks!

Looking at krosus. Just a few things I see at first glance.

Rupture uptime is low. Garrote uptime is also. Do you have another legendary besides the legs you have equipped? They are bad.

On the pull:
    You used another mut at 3cp in your opener while the 16s duration of the 3cp rupture is plenty enough to take advantage of extended duration nightstalker rupture. You used vendetta out of your vanish instead of a rupture.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, no other legendaries to equip yet. And thank you, these suggestions will help out immensely. I think i'll need a DoT timer addon or something to help track these. The guild has a 9 AM raiding schedule- east coast time- I'm west coast, definitely not used to the 6 AM boss pulls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rjdilla View Post
    Unfortunately, no other legendaries to equip yet. And thank you, these suggestions will help out immensely. I think i'll need a DoT timer addon or something to help track these. The guild has a 9 AM raiding schedule- east coast time- I'm west coast, definitely not used to the 6 AM boss pulls.
    Try weakauras, you can track anything you want. You should also pay more attention at SoT uptimes. Your SoT/Envenom uptime during KB doesnt look good. In general your SoT uptime is low. Ideally you want to prepare right before KB is coming of cooldown, that means, you refresh your bleedings, mutilate once to generate CPs and then start pooling. When KB Comes of cooldown, pop it and use an instant envenom and get your mutilate/envenom spam rotation rolling.

The safe way to handle SoT and to get the maximum out of your envenoms (especially if you have 4P), is, to clip it at around 0.1s like we used to do it with EP. Sidenote: You DONT have to clip SoT, since your envenoms will be buffed by AP until your next reapplication of AP. It means, if your SoT fell off and you didnt clip it, your AP is still buffed UNTIL you get a new application of AP, which also means that your next envenom is still buffed by AP and will grant you the extra dmg you want. Important is just to use the envenom before the AP reapplication. Its not easy for beginners, but you will get a good handling by time.

Your whole itemization seems pretty poor. Your mastery is very low, which has to be improved and you def have enough opportunities to do so. Urn from Nightbane, Guarms eye and so on... Focus on your stats instead of using shitty items to push your itemlvl and use your coins properly. Your third MA relic is absolutely useless, drop it for another GW.The other thing is, you dont have two dps legendaries and not even 1 BiS legendary and just 41 traits, which will make a huge difference in your item lvl bracket at warcraftlogs.

Your cp-management is not bad, but you might want to pay more attention at it as well. You still wasted some CPs through mutilate, so dont use mutilate at 4CP at all. Any wasted CP is consindered as a DPS loss.

Try the following opener:

Garrote -> Mut -> Rupture -> Double Mut -> Vanish -> Rupture -> Vendetta -> Mut -> KB -> Envi

If you already get 4CP after the first mut, then pop KB and continue with the normal rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurellio View Post
    Try weakauras, you can track anything you want.
    So you have an example: click

More up to date example:

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Man, so many helpful recommendations. Thank you so much. I will be much more vigilant about tracking SoT and making sure to have bleeds rolling before KB. This community is incredible and so approachable. Again, I will continue to work through an ideal rotation and proper itemization.