Thread: 2024 MLB thread

Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    At least as long as Dipoto is there, the Mariners will win the offseason award for the number of times you question a transaction. That's something!
    I guess thats a fan moral victory in baseball.... oh yeah, unwritten rules and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I don't doubt he'd be better than Pujols, but what are they gonna do with the guy? Wait for him to reach 3000 hits and hopefully retire? They're stuck with that contract and that player, I see no easy solution for them.
    Pujols plays infield sometimes I thought? Hard for me to remember but seems like he played 1st and 3rd base a couple seasons ago. Either way, if Ohtani pans out he'd be a big improvement over Pujols who is in the part of his career where he just hacks at pitches he likes.

10+ Year Old Account

Meanwhile the Cubs just paid Smyly 10m to be on the DL next season.

10+ Year Old Account
    He had one of the famous "platelet-rich injections" also known as pre-TJ surgery denial. I'm not sure anybody ever had that procedure and didn't eventually go under the knife.

I think Tanaka had it done and hasn't had Tommy John yet, but it's pretty iffy every year.

- - - Updated - - -

It's hard to believe the Marlins could have even worse owners than Loria, but what they're doing right now is embarrassing for baseball. Maybe they're trying to model what the Astros did when they were bought, but the Astros had almost nobody of value back then unlike Stanton/Gordon/Ozuna/Yelich/Bour/Realmuto. The Marlins actually had a decent, young core, they mostly didn't have pitching (and some of that wasn't their fault: Fernandez).

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa, Dodgers just dumped a bunch of salaries to the Braves in exchange for Kemp, three years after dumping his salary.

Adrian Gonzalez was immediately waived by Atlanta who also picked up Brandon McCarthy and Scott Kazmir along with Charlie Culberson.

There doesn't seem a realistic possibility that Kemp remains with the Dodgers, everybody the Braves got is on the last year of their deals.

One last note to close out this thread for the year I think. If anybody likes reading baseball articles and haven't read Grant Brisbee, he's probably the best writer out there right now. He's unabashedly a Giants homer (he runs the Giants blog at SBNation), but that makes his general articles sometimes all that much better because he'll take shots at the Dodgers and give stuff to the Giants (like every year no matter what when grading the draft, he'll give the Dodgers an F).

Here's a decent way to get started if you're interested: Grant Brisbee presents Grant Brisbee’s 10 favorite Grant Brisbee articles from 2017

10+ Year Old Account
    One last note to close out this thread for the year I think. If anybody likes reading baseball articles and haven't read Grant Brisbee, he's probably the best writer out there right now. He's unabashedly a Giants homer (he runs the Giants blog at SBNation), but that makes his general articles sometimes all that much better because he'll take shots at the Dodgers and give stuff to the Giants (like every year no matter what when grading the draft, he'll give the Dodgers an F).

Here's a decent way to get started if you're interested: Grant Brisbee presents Grant Brisbee’s 10 favorite Grant Brisbee articles from 2017
    "10. Mariners-Angels comeback"

fuck this I'm out. fuck that game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anybody need a 53 year old juicer to DH for them? Rafael Palmeiro is hoping the answer is Yes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna need a new thread, Brewers going for it, adding Yelich and Lorenzo Cain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shohei Ohtani has been horrible

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Shohei Ohtani has been horrible
    I'm alright if that trend continues. However, I doubt it will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Opening Day!

Woot opening day!!! I can have the hope for my Mariners for a couple months before being back to the same spot of missing the playoffs again.

And the Marlins are in last place, right where they ought to stay while Jeter and his group are the owners forever.

And the Marlins are in last place, right where they ought to will stay while Jeter and his group are the owners forever.
    Fixed that for you.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol @ Matt Kemp booting the first ground ball hit to him

gawd he better have a .900 OPS this year

- - - Updated - - -

Alex Rodriguez is in the booth trying to predict pitches and has been wrong every time.

Managers pulling their best starters as soon as they hit the 6th inning and give up a runner no matter how many pitches is getting ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good news, so far in his first start Ohtani is giving up 1 run per inning, which is one third the number of runs he was allowing in the spring.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll take a series split with the Yankees to start the season. Blue Jays bullpen was pretty damn good all weekend, just didn't have the offense going and Severino was ridiculous in the first game. Our offense should be fine, but Tulo is out for two months and has become a liability due to injury. Between him and JD getting hurt all the time, it's a good thing their replacements will likely be in triple A in Buffalo by the summer with the way they are playing.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's glorious watching Stanton get shit on by American League pitching. Welcome to the AL East, where all your old point totals don't matter.