Thread: 2024 MLB thread

Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ahhh, sports. We kick Schrezer and Strausburg's dicks in the dirt to wind down the series with the Nats going all Ivan Drogo on Thor and our over worked bullpen lmao lmao lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Giants suck and I am sad. The bullpen stinks and the offense is duking it out with the Royals for last place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anybody selling any of them starting pitchers?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quintana and Shields are available, you can buy low on Quintana now while he's struggling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Quintana and Shields are available, you can buy low on Quintana now while he's struggling.
    Quintana would be solid. Not giving up 8+ runs in an inning.

Don't see the mariners being competitive with their current rotation. Chase De Jong is needs more time in the minors.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I think there's no chance the White Sox trade him for a while now exactly because of that. He's under contract for 4 years, there's no rush to dump him just because they can.

edit: well looks like good Quintana is back tonight, but it was against the Royals and I'm not sure if that counts (fangraphs has a post about how historically awful the Royals offense has been so far).
    Last edited by Nellise; 2017-05-03 at 02:57 AM.

Ryan Zimmerman is hitting over .400. Last year at one point I think he was hitting around .200. Remarkable turnaround. Dude's probably juicing to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Ryan Zimmerman is hitting over .400. Last year at one point I think he was hitting around .200. Remarkable turnaround. Dude's probably juicing to some extent.
    Eh, he's actually explained what he's doing differently this year. He talked with Murphy about how Zimmerman still was hitting the ball hard, but was hitting it into the ground all the time, so Zimmerman is purposely trying to elevate the ball this year and it's obviously working.

edit: And remember MLB-wide for the past year and half homeruns have been way up across the league (near steroid-era levels), so attributing any spike in power to any one individual is missing some broader change that's happened regardless of the players.
    Last edited by Nellise; 2017-05-04 at 07:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Justin Turner made the same kind of adjustments to his swing a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Eh, he's actually explained what he's doing differently this year. He talked with Murphy about how Zimmerman still was hitting the ball hard, but was hitting it into the ground all the time, so Zimmerman is purposely trying to elevate the ball this year and it's obviously working.

edit: And remember MLB-wide for the past year and half homeruns have been way up across the league (near steroid-era levels), so attributing any spike in power to any one individual is missing some broader change that's happened regardless of the players.
    Yeah I know about that, I was only (half) kidding. Zimm when healthy in his prime was an absolute beast, just a shame it was early in his career when the Nats were dog shit terrible. But its good to see him regaining that form now when we're in our title contention window. Harper-Zimm-Murphy has been an insane middle of the lineup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy fuck now James Paxton is on the DL, Kuma felt sore after taking a line drive off the knee cap, and Miranda got nailed with a line drive in the shin.

- - - Updated - - -

2 pitchers hurt over the course of 3 pitches. Hard to remain hopeful at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adrian Gonzalez went on the DL for the first time in his career, Bellinger takes over and hits 2 HR with 4 RBI.

Nice knowing ya Adrian.

That game was exhausting, the 6th inning seemed to go on forever and there weren't even any runs scored.
    Last edited by draynay; 2017-05-06 at 06:13 PM.

Ryan Zimmerman is on pace for 67 homers. Absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Ryan Zimmerman is on pace for 67 homers. Absurd.
    Cody Bellinger didn't play the first 3 weeks of the season so he's only on pace for 65, oh well, second place isn't bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    De Jong had a really solid outing since I put him on blast.

I fucking hate our bullpen. Blew another late lead today. Rizzo go and trade for a reliever or three. The rest of the team is good enough to win a ring.

D'arnaud to the DL. Thor from 10 day to 60 day. The Dark Knight suspended 3 days because of #RallyDildo so we have had Triple A Jabroni's with 6.XX ERAs starting for us lmao

Here is one of our healthy stars over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Yeah that sucks...I'm no Met fan but I don't wish injuries on anyone. I was looking forward to a good race between the Nats and Mets but these injuries have just destroyed the Mets chances. I feel bad for Terry Collins, he'll probably get fired even though it's not his fault at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    when 4/5 starters on the DL but still 1 game under .500

Really like having an outfield this season. Pretty big contrast to having Rickie Weeks in LF and Nelson Cruz in RF 3 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pitching injuries suck, Dodgers have been lucky in that injury replacements have fared well this year, paid a lot for that depth but its been proved necessary time and again. I'm starting to warm to the 10 day DL for getting guys rest for their nagging injuries a little more easily than 15 did.