Outlaw Opener Questions

I have a few questions for the high parsers.

If I start a fight, roll ONLY Jolly Roger, true bearing, broadsides, or grand melee I rerolluntil I have at least 2 or friends bearing or shark infested waters right? I ussually try for more than just shark infested but I think it's strong alone during cds? Obviously it's no true bearing but it is strong. Sometimes it feels weird having to reroll 5 or 6 times while everyone else is HAM bursting. It's correct to wait though cause then our burst is stronger? Or do you pop AR trying to reroll and curse when you have good roles? In my experience, they're both much stronger together.

I also have DoS. I feel like I should use it before cds so I don't waste the time on cooldown where I'd be using curse and AR. Also if I have really good roles I feel inclined to not use it as to take advantage of them, but I try to pair it with shark infested waters.

Also on 1st boss scorpion boy(forgot the name), do you wait to pop cds until he's vulnerable? I've been popping AR and hoping for TB so it's back for chitin.

I currently have Cindaria and Thraxi's
    Last edited by Jsegal; 2017-03-01 at 03:36 PM.

Deleted
    You're confusing me a bit here, you mention TB, but then you say you have to reroll it, and then not reroll it?

Either way, Solo-TB is a viable pick in 9/10 situations. At any time, not just for burst. Solo-Shark is acceptable for burst, and especially during your initial opener because of prepots/hero and the high probability of a trinket proc.

DoS is really weak for Outlaw. Haste is not a great stat for ST, and we have nothing that amplifies DoS's damage - Use another trinket. Almost any other trinket with agility on it will provider higher DPS.

As for opening rolls, it's going to be different depending on what boss you're doing, what you are doing on that boss and if your guild uses Hero on pull.

Something like Krosus? Only reroll twice, then go. You need your opener burst with pots+Hero.

Aluriel? Opening burst is much less important (especially on mythic), and as an Outlaw your main job here is to burn the adds, so here you can reroll a bit more and wait for good buffs (It'll pay off in the end, assuming you do get said good buffs) - Though, if you want to do as much damage on Aluriel, you want to find TB early, and only use AR without CotD, and save CotD for the frost animation.

As for MemeSkorpyon, I've found it really doesn't matter if you hold CDs or not, but depends on your grp setup, I suppose. Ideally you'd hold your CDs to cleave the adds with him as the main target during vulnerability, but in my guild the adds blow up so hard it doesn't matter and delaying your CDs is going to cost more in the long run, in most cases - Again, it will depend on fight length, so it's really a group-by-group conclusion you have to get to.

Remember that the only buff that technically does NOTHING during CDs is Broadsides, and even Buried Treasure has a place when you're popping CDs (Though it is THE weakest), but if you get GM+JR, for example, you can keep that for *opening* burst, specifically

Ok thanks a lot, I'll try to replace DoS asap. Since it was 895 it had 20 ilvls on everything else and Simmed higher. Is it true that cindarias is better than thraxi's for single target? It doesn't sim higher but I read it was better on icy-veins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsegal View Post
    Ok thanks a lot, I'll try to replace DoS asap. Since it was 895 it had 20 ilvls on everything else and Simmed higher. Is it true that cindarias is better than thraxi's for single target? It doesn't sim higher but I read it was better on icy-veins.
    At 20 ilvls, there is a distinct change that doS might outperform on ST fights, but as soon as any amount of aoe enters the scene, you're losing out on so much damage, so I would definitely find a different trinket to use on AoE/cleave fights.

Cinidaria and Thraxi's are rather even, depends on your Relics and your luck, as usual. If you roll a ton of TB, Thraxi's will outperform due to higher sprint uptime. If you don't Cinidaria will prolly win, but Otl rogue burst is just, well, atrocious.

If you have multiple RT relics, Thraxi's is rather powerful, and Thraxi's is also good for AoE, the only downside being that Sprint bnecomes an offensive CD and you're left with very little mobility in many cases - I've had the boost since early december, and it does get really annoying at times. Last I simmed myself with the boots, they're a 5.6% dmg increase according to sims (but sims have VERY HIGH tb uptime, and I have 3x RT relics at 890+ ilvl), and Cinidaria only 2.9%, so take that as you will.

Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post

If you have multiple RT relics, Thraxi's is rather powerful, and Thraxi's is also good for AoE, the only downside being that Sprint bnecomes an offensive CD and you're left with very little mobility in many cases - I've had the boost since early december, and it does get really annoying at times. Last I simmed myself with the boots, they're a 5.6% dmg increase according to sims (but sims have VERY HIGH tb uptime, and I have 3x RT relics at 890+ ilvl), and Cinidaria only 2.9%, so take that as you will.
    I have 2 run through relics, one 880 and one 850. I dropped an 885 and an 875 respectfully for them and it was a dps increase. I think because of that and with hit and run Thraxi's are better. I'll be able to equip both come Saturday so not a big deal. I figure having sprint for at least every curse at around 14% dmg increase will outdo the first at 30%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsegal View Post
    I have 2 run through relics, one 880 and one 850. I dropped an 885 and an 875 respectfully for them and it was a dps increase. I think because of that and with hit and run Thraxi's are better. I'll be able to equip both come Saturday so not a big deal. I figure having sprint for at least every curse at around 14% dmg increase will outdo the first at 30%.
    That's sound, should be fine. I suggest trying to have sprint up for every MfD and CotD, so you can get an extra RT in through sprint if you make sure to have MfD ready in the duration.