Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

54 traits in 7.2.

Are they changing the scaling for the first 54 traits in 7.2, so that you'll be able to farm them super fast with the arifact knowledge increase?

Deleted
    the 20 extra traits will be gone and instead 15 new ones are implemented up to 51 , after that the new bonus trait with 50(?) ranks can be leveled
    ( and yes, you'll get a small compensation for the reset of the 20 traits. I think it gives you 2-3 of the new ranks according to the state on the ptr)

10+ Year Old Account
    No. /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kirby9113 View Post
    the 20 extra traits will be gone and instead 15 new ones are implemented up to 51 , after that the new bonus trait with 50(?) ranks can be leveled
    ( and yes, you'll get a small compensation for the reset of the 20 traits. I think it gives you 2-3 of the new ranks according to the state on the ptr)
    Sooo.. no point in farming the 20 ranks if you only get 3 back?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    Well no point if you don't care about having a few points available right away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    You get the AP you spent back, they're just ramping up the cost of the traits quite a lot harder in 7.2 than they have right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    You get the AP you spent back, they're just ramping up the cost of the traits quite a lot harder in 7.2 than they have right now.
    Correct. Right now once you get 34 traits, the cost of the new ones goes up linearly (first one costs something like 1.7 million, then 1.8, 1.9 and so on) where as the new ones scale exponentially (First one being like 5 million, then 10, then 20 ect)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Correct. Right now once you get 34 traits, the cost of the new ones goes up linearly (first one costs something like 1.7 million, then 1.8, 1.9 and so on) where as the new ones scale exponentially (First one being like 5 million, then 10, then 20 ect)
    That's silly.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    That's silly.
    Well, they're upping the Artifact Knowledge too, so in 2-3 AK levels we'll be getting ridiculous amounts of AP.

On the ptr, if you're at AK29 you'll be getting close to a million AP per WQ from what I've heard

The AP we spent on upgrading from level 35 to 54 will be refunded. The artifacts will be reset to 35 traits and we'll spend the AP we used inbetween the old 35-54 on the new ones.

The new levels past 35 get an exponential increase in AP required with each level, while we'll be given new artifact knowledge to research too. We'll make more AP and more will be required to level the artifact up, even though the newly introduced requirement will exceed the newly introduced gains by a fair margin, making leveling your artifact slower in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's silly.
    The devs has stated they don't really want people capping their artifacts (at least the concordance of the legion trait) so this is a means to an end.

Also like Mehman has said, the AK cap is getting raised to 50, and once at 50 we get something like a 55200100% multiplier on AP.

Deleted
    yep alone after the first ak upgrade to 26 you get 4 times the ap than with 25

That's silly.
    That's their way of "forcing" people not to farm the AP since it "wouldn't be worth it". People will probably farm it anyways and become the standard, making the grind hate start all over again.

you wont be able to max your artifact tree for ANY spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    you wont be able to max your artifact tree for ANY spec.

Is this including the new AK that goes up to 50?

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Is this including the new AK that goes up to 50?
    yes, and it calculates starting 7.2 at AK 25 (which most should be).

10+ Year Old Account
    956 years...I think I can manage that in a month...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ehm... no...

"All AP listed above is at AK 0. AK modifiers are calculated in the Progression Sheet"

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    956 years...I think I can manage that in a month...
    essentially the spreadsheet assumes you farm mythic+ to get your 15 chest and then do an additional 14 m+ dungeons at the level 7-9 AP bracket.

obviously AP from m+ is scheduled to change (to reward longer instances more AP etc), so the spreadsheet is likely based on current numbers.

fwiw, if we took current m+ AP values and assumed you could clear mos 7~ in 5 mins (doable), you would need to spend 15 years of your life inside mos to hit your max traits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silloh View Post
    Ehm... no...

"All AP listed above is at AK 0. AK modifiers are calculated in the Progression Sheet"
    That's referring to table above where it says above, the base AP earned from those sources.