Deleted

[PVP] Is feral strong at hit and run?

Hey guys,

How does feral deal dmg in PVP nowadays? Are bleeds strong (MoP style) or direct damage is better (WoD style)?

Can feral beat the trendy DPS (havoc, windwalker, dk) in 1v1 situations in arena, for example after both partners are dead and feral is left vs some other dps?

Cheers

Feral are in a good position at the moment for 1v1s, and kiting is definitely a big part of playing as feral - I personally play with a complete buffed Bleed build

- Lunar Inspiration - So you can kite and still get combo points (Which combines nicely with Savage Roar (25% damage increase), kite while getting 5 combo points then Savage Roar, use your regrowth for Bloodtalons (50% damage increase in next physical damage abilities). If its off cooldown then you can run in with a Enrage Maim(6 second stun), Ashmane Fury (75% increased Damage) and ''Rip and Tear" (Will put Rip and Rake on the target, counting as 1 move so 75% increased damage on both).
    - Savage Roar - 25% increased damage which can be kept up for a whole fight?? Smashes Incarn out of the water for me! You've just got to remember to keep it up.. Plus its really good for getting free Regrowths and Bloodtalons while kiting with Lunar Inspiration
    - Bloodtalons - 50% increased damage, explains itself - in combination with Savage Roar this makes ''Rip and Tear'' melt anything if they have no defensives ready!

The classes you need to watch out for are plate dps with stuns - If you get caught in a 5 second Paladin Fist of Justice, you are 90% going to be dead or past the point of saving yourself.

I wouldn't say rogues are that much of a problem in arena, specially if it's 1v1 and neither of you have cooldowns

Demonhunters are easy mode without cooldowns - pillar hug, heal, get a nice rotation of Mighty bash, bleed up, kite, Enraged maim (its on a different DR to Mighty bash of another 5 second stun), Bleed up, heal

Monks will give you a problem if they know what they re doing - Monks a bit like Feral, you'll either thrash them or you'll get thrashed - Basically whoever ends up chasing will lose - Keep cool, if they get away and heal.. Run the other way and heal - you might get a cheeky re-stealth then it's your game.

I've probably just rambled completely off point - but the bleeds and kite again is the strongest way to play Feral a the moment - you can play direct damage but you're not really tank enough to stay toe-to-toe with heavy melee.. Druids and monks are the most annoying classes to be 1v1 against in arena due to kite n heal.

Hope this answers the question and the other info is helpful

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    Hey guys,

How does feral deal dmg in PVP nowadays? Are bleeds strong (MoP style) or direct damage is better (WoD style)?

Can feral beat the trendy DPS (havoc, windwalker, dk) in 1v1 situations in arena, for example after both partners are dead and feral is left vs some other dps?

Cheers
    I wouldn't really describe them as MoP or WoD, it's completely different.

Feral damage comes from multidotting in arena and in 1v1 gameplay it's based around kiting and healing with dots up (similar to cataclysm).

They're a lot better in 1v1 situations inside arena than they are outside of it, pretty sure they're capable of beating anything especially with pillars.

Quote Originally Posted by Verbal Lava Spurge View Post
    Feral are in a good position at the moment for 1v1s, and kiting is definitely a big part of playing as feral - I personally play with a complete buffed Bleed build

- Savage Roar - 25% increased damage which can be kept up for a whole fight?? Smashes Incarn out of the water for me! You've just got to remember to keep it up.. Plus its really good for getting free Regrowths and Bloodtalons while kiting with Lunar Inspiration
    - Bloodtalons - 50% increased damage, explains itself - in combination with Savage Roar this makes ''Rip and Tear'' melt anything if they have no defensives ready!
    Savage Roar is in a terrible state for PvP, and I would never use it and neither does anyone else. Even PvErs are making massive threads about how shit it is to play with.

When Feral currently relies on multidotting for it's damage in 3s, you can't be wasting CP and time on SR, it's simply not worth it.

Incarn is such a major cooldown that you can't play without it. It's not just the damage it does, it also works as a utility too. In such a cooldown-based expansion you cannot drop it for anything else.

There's no way you can possibly keep multidots up whilst maintaning SR, you're probably losing out on damage by even having it up all the time.

Savage Roar is in a terrible state for PvP, and I would never use it and neither does anyone else. Even PvErs are making massive threads about how shit it is to play with.

When Feral currently relies on multidotting for it's damage in 3s, you can't be wasting CP and time on SR, it's simply not worth it.

Incarn is such a major cooldown that you can't play without it. It's not just the damage it does, it also works as a utility too. In such a cooldown-based expansion you cannot drop it for anything else.

There's no way you can possibly keep multidots up whilst maintaning SR, you're probably losing out on damage by even having it up all the time.[/QUOTE]

If you read the OP question about is it good for 1v1 situation so late in arena matches which would generally relate to 2s not 3s When was the last time u were 1v1 in 3s? - Plenty of Feral's use Savage Roar with Blootalons in 2s because you can have 75% increased damage Rip and Rake on 2 targets plus have 100% Savage Roar with ease - Playing with Rip and Tear makes this even easier as it gives your opening Rip and Shred use no combo points plus only uses 1 use of Bloodtalons.

Just because you can't co-orindate keeping up Savage Roar and DoT and can only play Incarn then faceroll on the keyboard, doesn't mean other people prefer a different spec.. Lets see why you can't keep full SR up with DoTs using my setup...

So you get pre-Bloodtalons ready and stealth up...

1. Rake for 1 combo point also stunning
    3. 1 Shred for a second Combo point
    2. Savage Roar for 12 seconds
    3. Burst Macro for Berserk - Troll racial berserking - Tiger's Fury
    4. Rip and Tear giving full rip and rake damage and time with 75% increased damage using 0 combo points so that's full DoTs plus probably 5-6 seconds of savage roar left at least.
    5. Generally throw in an Enraged Maim now - After this step it's changes in any situation - You'll be sat on nearly full energy due to Tiger's Fury so either go to town on the kill target or which to other target
    6. Use the next 3 combo points on a Savage Roar - 3 will normally pop a free Regrowth
    7. Don't use the regrowth until 4 combo points - Regrowth for bloodtalons, Rake for 5th combo then Rip.

Rinse and repeat - you have full DoTs up plus 100% Savage Roar.

You can argue that Incarn is better all you want - Yes the majority of people use it because the burst is nice - But with my setup the opener is way better plus if you're left 1v1 at the end of an arena you've got the upper hand because your main Damage enhancer doesn't have a cooldown - kite while getting points with Lunar Inspiration and you've got Savage Roar up without taking any damage.

''Incarn is such a major cooldown that you can't play without it. It's not just the damage it does, it also works as a utility too. In such a cooldown-based expansion you cannot drop it for anything else.'' - I'm playing competitive PvP with my setup so it can be done, I'd rather play with an extra button to use rather than replace an existing button with an upgrade..

I play Guardian for PvE but when I have PvE'ed as feral (I find PvE Dps boring as fuck, no variation - just do a set rotation till the boss is dead, at least tanking or healing you have to be on your toes as shit can hit the fan quickly) I'm generally around 350-400k dps which is shit if your trying to be competitive but seeing as I use full guardian gear plus I have maybe DPS'ed 1 Nighthold run I wouldn't say Savage Roar is terrible.

All in all I'm not going to have a heated debate throwing numbers around - I'm happy with how my setup plays and it works for me, I can play competitive pvp and be happy with the damage, utility and playstyle.. Quick quote ''- Savage Roar - 25% increased damage which can be kept up for a whole fight?? SMASHES INCARN OUT OF THE WATER FOR ME!'' - For you it doesn't which is fair enough, everyone is different.. I just like to let people know my alternative setup as you might not of tried it yet

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Rake for 1 combo point also stunning
    3. 1 Shred for a second Combo point
    2. Savage Roar for 12 seconds
    3. Burst Macro for Berserk - Troll racial berserking - Tiger's Fury
    4. Rip and Tear giving full rip and rake damage and time with 75% increased damage using 0 combo points so that's full DoTs plus probably 5-6 seconds of savage roar left at least.
    5. Generally throw in an Enraged Maim now - After this step it's changes in any situation - You'll be sat on nearly full energy due to Tiger's Fury so either go to town on the kill target or which to other target
    6. Use the next 3 combo points on a Savage Roar - 3 will normally pop a free Regrowth
    7. Don't use the regrowth until 4 combo points - Regrowth for bloodtalons, Rake for 5th combo then Rip.
    Is this the PvE guide? Because if you manage to pull that shit off, you're fighting against an afker, or a PvE npc
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbal Lava Spurge View Post
    snip
    What is "competitive PvP"? Are you playing at a professional level? That's normally what that means. Saying what MMR you play would be a better indicator.

There isn't a single good feral that uses SR in PvP, end of. Trying to pass on bad advice only results in hindering their gameplay. The fact your "build" requires popping berserk in the opener makes me think you're playing at low MMR. I could say "It works for me in ranked PvP" but only be at 1100 MMR.

You're also using rip and tear in the opener, overwriting your 100% increased rake with a 75% increased rake. Well done. (Your stealth rake does 100% increased damage, as you clearly didn't know)

Seriously, you don't know what you're talking about.

Just because you can't co-orindate keeping up Savage Roar and DoT and can only play Incarn then faceroll on the keyboard, doesn't mean other people prefer a different spec.. Lets see why you can't keep full SR up with DoTs using my setup...
    I'd lose the arrogance, you're actually clueless. I guess by that logic that even the top ferals on the ladder can "only play faceroll incarn" too then, since that's all they play?

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    Is this the PvE guide? Because if you manage to pull that shit off, you're fighting against an afker, or a PvE npc
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-03-16 at 03:30 PM.

y'all should listen to Kras. He's one of the best ferals I've seen lol

Enranged Maim removes your bleeds, it is not a good talent in 1 vs 1 situation. It is great on 3s, you can even chain it for 9s of CC (for 70 energy total).

The only situation you should be using SR in PvP is if you play the brutal slash build, which is quite decent in 1 vs 1 situation, but I would place my bets in the classic build (with incarnation and bloody talons) being better.