Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

It's not okay to be toxic in high keys dungeons, but I UNDERSTAND IT.

I completely understand why you'd want to rage at someone doing 450k DPS in a +17-18, you're asking yourself "How did you get here?". It's a form of them not caring, people want to do the high keys and completely understand it, as did I, once, but limited myself to what I could do.

That doesn't give you way to say dumb shit, but if you do, I understand you perfectly and you're mostly right, regardless of what people say about it. Try not to go too hard.

Back-story: We had a mage pulling 900k in a DHT +17 (I was on 850k) and another mage, same ilvl and good legendaries, on 450k overall damage. You can tell the distaste we felt when we wiped right before Xavius because the tank couldn't wait a bit (Who the fuck still uses the invisibility potion thing on Tyrannical?), the higher mage went full berserk and while I understood him, don't say stuff like "I hope your family dies", what the hell?

I love me some literary killing of the other person (I mean, write some smart insults, without being a redneck), with juicy passive-aggressive lines, but wishing death upon others is...crazy.

Cool down, almost none of the higher mythic raiders are toxic and they got bragging rights for sure.
    Last edited by cocacolawheresthesoda; 2017-03-05 at 10:17 PM.

This far I did ~200 M+ pugs, and haven't rage quit a single one of them.
    But if someone in my party was flaming another party member in this way, I would probably lean towards quitting the run (at least discuss it with the victim in /w).

the feeling when you're a 900+ equipped Sin rouge but you left your poison bombs at home and trying your hardest to pull 400-500k aoe

Deleted
    I get the sentiment, but I just don't understand what people think they'll achieve from raging at someone who is underperforming. I agree that it can be madening, especially in difficult content, but shouting at them seldom solves the issue. If anything it propels it.

Deleted
    maybe it was offspec.. and bad relics. people don't realize that high ilevel doesn't mean anything if person has 890ilevel artifact, with LFR relics (missing like 5k main stat compared to raider relics).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yegermister View Post
    I get the sentiment, but I just don't understand what people think they'll achieve from raging at someone who is underperforming. I agree that it can be madening, especially in difficult content, but shouting at them seldom solves the issue. If anything it propels it.
    It's natural to be upset at someone who ruin their runs and waste their time. I understand it and my temperament is really low as well. Maybe its about how you been raised. I'm raised to never back off in a conflict and to deal with the problem straight forward, even if it becomes hostile.

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone have time to type in a m+ run, it's either way outgeared, or someone doesn't want to complete it and want to chat instead.

We had a 13+ key run with a pally tank who couldn't keep a protection buff up for even 50% of time. We died like 10 times each because of that, didn't say any harsh words up until the end of dungeon, when our healer vented at him for his performance.
    We had a "sorry i pressed "ready" button 4 times but still didn't swapped from (OS) elemental to (MS) enhancement and that's why i do less damage than a healer", yeah, this dude launched 3 lightning bolts through whole dungeon "because i don't have full artifact and my relics are shit" and when we finished carrying his ass we just blacklisted him and left the group.

I see no reason to argue with players over their performance during a dungeon run, you are already limited in time, you just do stuff or don't do.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-03-06 at 11:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Some people just don't have any social filter. It is okay to be upset and angry, but its not okay to trash talk a person for lack of skills.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    It's natural to be upset at someone who ruin their runs and waste their time. I understand it and my temperament is really low as well. Maybe its about how you been raised. I'm raised to never back off in a conflict and to deal with the problem straight forward, even if it becomes hostile.
    lol? What kind of a shitty attitude is that? With thoughts like this, it's no wonder people get mad enough to murder each other. I hope you're kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Some people just don't have any social filter. It is okay to be upset and angry, but its not okay to trash talk a person for lack of skills.
    It is ok because getting your feelings hurt is a part of life.

Quote Originally Posted by cocacolawheresthesoda View Post
    I completely understand why you'd want to rage at someone doing 450k DPS in a +17-18, you're asking yourself "How did you get here?". It's a form of them not caring, people want to do the high keys and completely understand it, as did I, once, but limited myself to what I could do.

That doesn't give you way to say dumb shit, but if you do, I understand you perfectly and you're mostly right, regardless of what people say about it. Try not to go too hard.

Back-story: We had a mage pulling 900k in a DHT +17 (I was on 850k) and another mage, same ilvl and good legendaries, on 450k overall damage. You can tell the distaste we felt when we wiped right before Xavius because the tank couldn't wait a bit (Who the fuck still uses the invisibility potion thing on Tyrannical?), the higher mage went full berserk and while I understood him, don't say stuff like "I hope your family dies", what the hell?

I love me some literary killing of the other person (I mean, write some smart insults, without being a redneck), with juicy passive-aggressive lines, but wishing death upon others is...crazy.

Cool down, almost none of the higher mythic raiders are toxic and they got bragging rights for sure.
    Thats what you get for making everyting puggable and giving players the most possible way to stay anonym (name change, race change, server change) and start easy all over again (catchup for everything, level 100 boost). Nobody cares about social behavior.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anything happened to the family in question yet?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive seen low DPS in plenty of M+. However I get more pissed off that someone can't listen or make silly/stupid mistakes over the fact they are last/low on the meters
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Thats what you get for making everyting puggable and giving players the most possible way to stay anonym (name change, race change, server change) and start easy all over again (catchup for everything, level 100 boost). Nobody cares about social behavior.
    This. In WotLK and earlier if you performed as badly as this in group content word would get out, people on the server would know and avoid you. Your gear would also reflect your ability to a much greater extent. Now everyone has free legiondaries and 900 ilvl and there's almost no repercussions for players in good gear but who play shit and waste the time of those they group with. If someone plays shit and fucks my key i have every right to be angry with them.

I mean... Theres a limit..

I don't like leaving keys - unless the keyholder is a dick - even if someone else leaves i often ask if they want to 4 man it just to try and help but last night was one that i just couldn't do,

Joined a NL 16 as a rogue + hunter mate, rest were Aff Lock + guardian druid + holy pally, pally seemed like he was struggling from the get go and the aff locks dps was definitely noticeably bad, talking 500kish aoe?

Get to first boss and the locks pulling 500k and not hitting the skitters at all so they explode dealing tons of damage, wipe at 11%, 2nd try we kill it locks at 350k with me on 750k... (also lock did 198k to skitters!)

Now not being funny but it wasn't as if the run was advertised as a boost. Almost ready to leave, the druid says "lets see how it goes now" (?)

He just mass pulls pelters... Pulling a pack into a pack before the origional pack before is dead, the healer can't keep up, the dps just dropping like flys, heck the healer popped his WINGs during DOWNTIME to heal people up, almost getting 4 phase twos on the urn boss and when we finally got to the worm boss, the tank runs away, stays away an extra 10 seconds so i need to evasion and then 2nd time hes being eaten, he messes up, gets eaten, gets spat out, afks for 5 seconds, runs to boss, then runs away and the boss smacks me.

Like, I get it, you want your +15 chest for the week, but advertise as such, It's not fun to feel like your boosting 3 people in a +16 NL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cocacolawheresthesoda View Post
    I completely understand why you'd want to rage at someone doing 450k DPS in a +17-18, you're asking yourself "How did you get here?"
    Well, he got there because you pugged? The real question is why you are pugging such high keys. I mean I can understand being miffed at someone underperforming at that level, but if you're pugging it you're tacitly accepting an element of risk. A good illustration that itemlevel does not equate to ability, if nothing else.

That said, I hope you reported the fool wishing death upon the underperformer's family. Not only is it unnaceptable, it's actually an actionable criminal offence.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    Well, he got there because you pugged? The real question is why you are pugging such high keys. I mean I can understand being miffed at someone underperforming at that level, but if you're pugging it you're tacitly accepting an element of risk.
    I am in a mythic raiding guild that did 7/7 and 3/3 when it was still relevant (current 3/7) and literally no one is doing m+. Yeah, some did low level AP farming a bit at some point, but only the stuff that had the best time/investment radio. Why doing +17 when you don't need the gear and +2 is the best way to go?

So I am surrounded by people who would be totally capable of doing +17 (or just +15) but no one is interested. Yes, ofc, some weeks I find a 5/5 guild group for +15, but most of the time only 1 or 2 other people are interested. What am I supposed to do now? Leave the mythic raiding guild with some good friends I made to find a guild that only does m+ or should I just PUG my key...? I think I will just PUG it ;-)

To avoid confusing: I am not raiding with that group currently because of time schedules, but I was in the past and I probably will again in the future.

Well I think if it is advertising as a push for a high key then ppl who know they are low shouldnt apply but also the leader should screen who they take better. But yeah its rare someone will threaten like that and thankfuly i dont but knowing that its most likely an empty threat anyway

Deleted
    Never pug keys, I know it's difficult but it's too frustrating. I remember we pugged a tank for a +3 on alts at the start of the xpac, we got a tank who didn't know the dungeon (EoA) and hadn't even run it on normal yet lied and claimed he knew what to do, obviously we didn't check him out for a +3. managed to 1 chest a +3 because he didn't know what mobs to pull, what the bosses do etc and spent the entire run screaming JUST TELL ME WHAT TO DO I DONT DO IT LIKE THIS USUALLY. intsakicked at the end and he had the balls to whisper me telling me it's not his fault he hasn't done it before. you get people like this regularly if you pug, just don't.

Don't pug or don't complain.