Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Trump to sign revised executive order travel ban

Iraq taken off the list, six other countries remain. Current green card holders not affected. Also, a delayed rollout is planned, so as to reduce disruption.

Reports are that this executive order was written to withstand court challenge.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...486.html%3Famp

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are the countries where groups are funded from not on the list still?

Golly gee... I wonder why....

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    No Saudi Arabia? No Pakistan? He can continue to go fuck himself. Those two have been some of the biggest supporters of terrorism, and if he really cared about that shit rather than pandering to a movement of scared, desperate, and riled up people, he would have them on there regardless of the amount of business done with those nations.

Looks like it will still ban some people from ALL countries including the US. They don't mention addressing the dual nationality issue.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    he used Obama s list of bad homre countrys

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    No Saudi Arabia? No Pakistan? He can continue to go fuck himself.
    He isn't actually allowed to EO additional countries anyway, the 7 countries on the list are already part of a Congress approved list.

So irrespective of all the other flaws in this idiotic EO - the limit of 7 countries isn't one of those flaws in the EO.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    Iraq taken off the list, six other countries remain. Current green card holders not affected. Also, a delayed rollout is planned, so as to reduce disruption.

Thoughts?
    More unconstitutional appeals to his xenophobic base. This will cause more unjust burden and discrimination against immigrants via unvetted border and customs agents.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    More unconstitutional appeals to his xenophobic base. This will cause more unjust burden and discrimination against immigrants via unvetted border and customs agents.
    Don't border and customs agents get vetted when they apply for the job? I assume you mean racially biased agents, but wouldn't evidence of that kind of thing disqualify an applicant?

There's no evidence that our border and customs agencies are a hotbed of racism.

Its fine for what it sets to achieve, saudi arabia and other countries should be in it though.

How about some of the countries on Trumps business interest list? Still not added?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't border and customs agents get vetted when they apply for the job? I assume you mean racially biased agents, but wouldn't evidence of that kind of thing disqualify an applicant?

There's no evidence that our border and customs agencies are a hotbed of racism.
    Not saying it's a "hotbed" of racism but it's not particularly hard to hide racism. Even through actions people look at words mostly to come to that conclusion and people are more than ready to accept that as an excuse.

Thoughts?
    its so supposedly such an important issue that it can be delayed and delayed and delayed and delayed, countries taken off it, ect

almost as this is simply a big sweeping reach around for his base and nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even with Iraq taken off, the grand total of casualties from these countries due to terrorist attacks on American soil is still a grand total of 0.

Fear mongering at its finest.

I'm not sure why it needs to be 90 days, since that is how long they wanted the last one. If the entire intent was to update procedures, one would have hoped that they had been doing that all along. I guess not. Sad!

I opposed the old travel ban, and I'm opposed to this one. Nothing has changed.

Thoughts?
    Hopefully this one gets slapped down just like the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    No Saudi Arabia? No Pakistan? He can continue to go fuck himself. Those two have been some of the biggest supporters of terrorism, and if he really cared about that shit rather than pandering to a movement of scared, desperate, and riled up people, he would have them on there regardless of the amount of business done with those nations.
    Pakistan has nukes and because of that no one fucks with them, not even US

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm not sure why it needs to be 90 days, since that is how long they wanted the last one. If the entire intent was to update procedures, one would have hoped that they had been doing that all along. I guess not. Sad!

I opposed the old travel ban, and I'm opposed to this one. Nothing has changed.
    I wonder how they want to change those procedures, when they already seem to be pretty effective, at 0 dead from terrorism from those countries. Does it need to go into negative by some miracle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    Pakistan has nukes and because of that no one fucks with them, not even US
    Other than India, with whom they have the hottest border in the world. That border sees more action than Korea's... they have change of guard ceremonies, where they point guns at each other and pretend to shoot.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    He should have done two weeks ago, in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Even with Iraq taken off, the grand total of casualties from these countries due to terrorist attacks on American soil is still a grand total of 0.

Fear mongering at its finest.
    I haven't gotten cancer from this brand of cigarettes yet, so I might aswell keep on smoking, because they are 100% safe.