10+ Year Old Account
    Victor Cruz signed a one-year deal with the Bears. Surprised he hadn't found a home yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Victor Cruz signed a one-year deal with the Bears. Surprised he hadn't found a home yet.
    I've been reading some nasty rumours about how WR Kevin White of the Bears might still not be ready to play. He was so hyped coming out of college, was supposed to have a slightly lower floor but an even better ceiling than Amari Cooper in that draft, and here we are some years later and he's done absolutely nothing yet. Zip. Nada.

This signing might figure into that narrative, that White's not ready and they need more capable WR.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously, it's between him and Ereck Flowers (Giants Olineman) who's the biggest bust in that top 10 of the Draft of 2015. I mean, Flowers has sucked, but at least he's been on the field. White has basically failed to even do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Odell Beckham Jr wants to grow up, so he brings Chris Carter in as a personal coach and brings in Johnny Manziel to throw him the ball......while his team is out there having OTA's without him.

Can't make this stuff up. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Odell Beckham Jr wants to grow up, so he brings Chris Carter in as a personal coach and brings in Johnny Manziel to throw him the ball......while his team is out there having OTA's without him.

Can't make this stuff up. >.<
    OBJ just getting his fall guys.

Working with Cris Carter for growing up could go either way. He needs a 5th wrong to add in there to offset everything though. Maybe he can use Randy Gregory as another receiver.

For the Victor Cruz thing, what I was seeing earlier in the offseason was that he is no where near what he was before he got hurt. Not really a surprise he took until now to catch on to a team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cruz was always gonna be an after the draft signing, once teams got to OTAs and saw what they had (or didn't have), then it became time to kick the tires.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I am in desperate need of quality sports entertainment, preferably football, and I have gamepass, so I can watch any game, regular season or playoffs, from 2009 till present day. I want to watch some good games, so give me the best games you watched 2009-2016, regardless of which teams were playing.

Just don't give me troll games, like Jets-Patriots 2010 Divisional round or Seahawks-Cardinals 2016 regular season or anything. Actual cool games to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I am in desperate need of quality sports entertainment, preferably football, and I have gamepass, so I can watch any game, regular season or playoffs, from 2009 till present day. I want to watch some good games, so give me the best games you watched 2009-2016, regardless of which teams were playing.

Just don't give me troll games, like Jets-Patriots 2010 Divisional round or Seahawks-Cardinals 2016 regular season or anything. Actual cool games to watch.
    Green Bay Packers vs Arizona Cardinals 2009 wildcard game! GOGO

10+ Year Old Account

If you want some good seahawks games:

Seahawks vs Giants 2011- close game till the end.

Seahawks vs Ravens 2011- Marshawn Lynch kills Ray Lewis' ankles

Seahawks vs Eagles 2011- blowout, but Marshawn Lynch had a really good game with a few awesome runs

Seahawks vs Bears 2012- Russell Wilson.

Seahawks vs Texans 2013

Seahawks vs Colts 2013

Seahawks vs Saints 2013 playoffs - nasty weather, physical game.

Seahawks vs Cowboys 2014

Seahawks vs KC 2014

Seahawks vs Steelers 2015

Cardinals @ Seahawks 2016

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Green Bay Packers vs Arizona Cardinals 2009 wildcard game! GOGO
    I like 2009 also, I'd pick New Orleans/Miami or New Orleans/Washington for a couple of ludicrous regular season games. Since you don't want blow outs, probably skip New Orleans/New England from that year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the suggestions! I forgot to mention that I like good QB play, but your suggestions came through in the regard. Decided to go with:

Packers-Cards '09 - young Rodgers against old Warner

Seahawks-Colts '13 - Start of the Wilson/Luck era, year the Seahawks were at their very best, and I think the year that the Colts were pretty good in the playoffs too.

Saints-Dolphins '09 - Brees is always a joy and if I have this right this should be the Wildcat/Chad Pennington Dolphins, so I get to hate on them a bit for old times sake.

Going to watch them in that order, but if anyone has more suggestion, feel free, cause I'll likely be done with this fairly quickly.

(watching the first one already and it features Clay Matthews the rookie pass rush sensation and Charles Woodson still as a Packer. So weird.)

- - - Updated - - -

John Mara has been doing nothing but make the Giants look like an asshole organization the past few years.

I really don't get the anti-Kaep thing. I wouldn't want him as a starter, but that is entirely his ability to actually throw the ball in the pocket. There are teams he would be an upgrade as a starter even with that. He is better than most back-ups, especially for some teams that flat out don't have one (aka the Giants). The whole idea that doing something during the national anthem that shouldn't really even be before NFL games (Olympics or events involving a large number of countries, sure) is even a distraction just boggles my mind.

If you want to watch some hilariously awful QB play (basically the same as so bad they are good movies) the Tebow games would work. Can always skip the 1st 50 minutes of 3 and outs before teams went into prevent and let him run to the 40 yard line for Prater to do his thing too.

15+ Year Old Account

Saints vs Vikings NFC Championship 2009, that is my go to.

2009 was a great fucking year for football.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Lance Moore signed a one-day contract with the Saints to retire as one. Very fitting for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    I really don't get the anti-Kaep thing. I wouldn't want him as a starter, but that is entirely his ability to actually throw the ball in the pocket. There are teams he would be an upgrade as a starter even with that. He is better than most back-ups, especially for some teams that flat out don't have one (aka the Giants). The whole idea that doing something during the national anthem that shouldn't really even be before NFL games (Olympics or events involving a large number of countries, sure) is even a distraction just boggles my mind.
    From my understanding the general consensus of people who aren't purposely misrepresenting the facts are that the reason Kaep isn't on a team is he wants a starter job, or a very high paying backup job where he can compete for the starter position. As far as I know a bunch of teams if they could get him for Foles, McCown, or Schaub money (4-6 million) gladly would. But he is wanting 10-12+ million and a lot of teams don’t see him as a viable starter and that’s way overpaying for a backup.

I don't think the attention he would get is causing many problems if any. SF played him last year to little hoopla, and I don’t think anything he said or did was that incendiary, plus he ended up looking foolish when he said he didn’t vote. He will get more questions than most other QBs about nonfootball stuff, but that shouldn’t be a big detriment if he was willing to be paid what teams consider him worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    There aren't a lot of fits for Kaepernick, generally teams don't want the offense to change completely when the backup comes in so he should go somewhere the starter has similar strengths and weaknesses. I think a good fit would be Dallas where a veteran with similar abilities to the starter would be useful. He'd also be an upgrade for the Titans. The Jaguars should be looking for anybody to create competition.

His contract demands must make him an ill-fit since teams are willing to overlook shitloads of problems worse than his baggage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I missing something on Kaep though? Didn't he have a couple years or more under Harbaugh where he was a very good quarterback? Did he regress?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Am I missing something on Kaep though? Didn't he have a couple years or more under Harbaugh where he was a very good quarterback? Did he regress?
    From what I know, and from the stats there was some regression but also he was on an excellent team regardless of him, and I think many considered some/alot of his success to come from Harbaugh and the rest of the team. Secondly, he has a unique and specific style. If you don't build around it you wouldnt be getting all you can out of him. Thirdly, and this is more just my conjecture, QBs like him are very injury prone and early retirement prone. I dont think Cam is playing at 36, and I think Kaep is similar. So you can't invest in him the way say teams invest in Winston or Luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    There aren't a lot of fits for Kaepernick, generally teams don't want the offense to change completely when the backup comes in so he should go somewhere the starter has similar strengths and weaknesses. I think a good fit would be Dallas where a veteran with similar abilities to the starter would be useful. He'd also be an upgrade for the Titans. The Jaguars should be looking for anybody to create competition.

His contract demands must make him an ill-fit since teams are willing to overlook shitloads of problems worse than his baggage.
    Dallas would be hossible actually, given Kaep's stances and the fact Dallas was where 5 officers were gunned down last July by a maniac anti cop dude. Horrible horrible PR

10+ Year Old Account
    There's 2 sides to the Kaepernick thing:

1) Idiots like John Mara giving credence to the notion that Kaep is not signed cause teams are afraid of the public backlash. We can assume that the Giants don't want Kaep cause of publicity issues, and we can therefor assume that they are unlikely to be the only team to have that fear. That doesn't mean ALL teams have that bullshit attitude though.

2) Kaep is a limitedly useful veteran with some baggage. He's unsigned, but then again so are Garry Barnidge, Nick Mangold, Altteraun Verner, Ryan Clady, Jarius Byrd, RG3, Elvis Dumervil etc. etc. etc. There are PLENTY of other talented players who are still free agents and you don't hear jack shit about it.

Unless Kaep has unrealistic contract demands I very much doubt he'll still be a free agent when the season starts, but if he is indeed making demands like being able to compete for a starter job, then yeah, he's not going to get any offers and no one should be surprised by it.

I'll give him one thing, far as I know he's stayed quiet about not having a job yet and not fanned any flames. That alone undermines what his detractors say about him and that he'll be a distraction. He's not done anything since becoming a free agent that indicates he would be a distraction, and as long as it stays that way he'll find a job somewhere.

I mean, Josh freaking Freeman got shots to be a QB at multiple occasions when he had shown he wasn't to be trusted. That alone should tell you that Kaep will get his chances at some point.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh shit, ACTUAL football news......but it's bad news.

Shaq Barrett, Broncos Edge defender hurt his hip and is out 2 to 3 months, and possibly more. That possibly more seems to have to do with if he needs surgery to correct the issue or not. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-injuring-hip/