I find it funny that no one seemed to give any consideration to the Eagles.
    Even now after they rolled over the Vikings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I find it funny that no one seemed to give any consideration to the Eagles.
    Even now after they rolled over the Vikings.
    As a Patriots fan, I think the Eagles are going to win the Superbowl. I give them every credit they deserve. They have a great front 4 to put pressure on Brady and a good back 7 to cover long enough for the pass rush to get there. Their offense plays a style that the Patriots have struggled with over and over this season and their special teams are always on point as well.

Patriots have the upperhand at QB, but that's about the only place they have it. Unless the coaching staff suddenly starts screwing up (where they have not so far) then I think the Eagles should be able to beat the Patriots.

But, they'll have to earn it. Patriots never give up and fight till the last minute and you have to beat them for 60 min or they turn the tables on you. If the Patriots and Eagles are close together in score late in the game, the Patriots start getting more likely to win.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pats win by 3, just like last time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Exactly how I feel, I know we're both Saints fans. Vikings shouldn't be there and they are getting roflstomped. At least they will not shove that "Minneapolis Miracle" trademark down everyone's throat now that they are bowing out of the playoffs.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm much more happy that the Vikings are getting the beating they deserved. Yes I think the Saints would have been a great matchup for the Eagles but screw it. I'd rather see Minnesota lose now.
    Think what you want, but nothing was more satisfying than watching Sean Peytons face after scoring that TD. It was the icing on top of the cake to see the disgust in his face, especially after 09' and all the illegal crap they did. If the NFL had any decency they'd strip all teams caught of cheating of their rewards. Couldn't cheat this time around and the real victors prospered. I've already accepted the L from the eagles, can't imagine how hard it is to accept an L when you're almost 100% sure the victory is sealed.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Think what you want, but nothing was more satisfying than watching Sean Peytons face after scoring that TD. It was the icing on top of the cake to see the disgust in his face, especially after 09' and all the illegal crap they did. If the NFL had any decency they'd strip all teams caught of cheating of their rewards. Couldn't cheat this time around and the real victors prospered. I've already accepted the L from the eagles, can't imagine how hard it is to accept an L when you're almost 100% sure the victory is sealed.
    Okay, go and do some research for me. Go and look at that Saints super bowl season, k? When you go and look at the number of personal fouls we got, late hits and people leaving injured in games you'll realize that must have been the worst bounty program that ever existed. I'll do some of the research for you: https://www.canalstreetchronicles.co...penalty-review
    http://yourteamcheats.com/NO
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/fines-sus...rleans-saints/
    Damn, the Saints sure were some dirty bastards, that bounty pot must have grew every week because hardly anyone could collect on the fucking thing.

I'm happy that you think beating the Saints and Coach Payton is the icing on the cake. If I was a fan of a team I'd rather you know, win a super bowl. But I guess I can see why you'd aim kind of low, not like your team has ever won one.

And one last fun fact for you. You do realize that they went back later and had Paul Tagliabue clean up the whole mess because Goodell fucked it up so hard. Every player suspended in that had their suspensions vacated. http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...on_bounty.html and http://www.slate.com/articles/sports...y_problem.html

Anyways, have fun sucking on that L the Eagles pasted on you guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Okay, go and do some research for me. Go and look at that Saints super bowl season, k? When you go and look at the number of personal fouls we got, late hits and people leaving injured in games you'll realize that must have been the worst bounty program that ever existed. I'll do some of the research for you: https://www.canalstreetchronicles.co...penalty-review
    http://yourteamcheats.com/NO
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/fines-sus...rleans-saints/
    Damn, the Saints sure were some dirty bastards, that bounty pot must have grew every week because hardly anyone could collect on the fucking thing.

I'm happy that you think beating the Saints and Coach Payton is the icing on the cake. If I was a fan of a team I'd rather you know, win a super bowl. But I guess I can see why you'd aim kind of low, not like your team has ever won one.
    Classy team, classy fans. I guess.

Watch the 2009 NFC Championship Game:

and count the amount of helmet hits, late hits, ultralate hits, targetting the knees. Peyton is a piece of shit and should have been suspended much longer.

Cowboys hired Kris Richard to be the DB coach and defensive passing game coordinator.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    All player suspensions were vacated, try winning some meaningful games and quit living in the past. If you do decide to live in the past, a less selective memory would recall Peterson fumbles and 12 men on the field.

10+ Year Old Account
    yo, leave the "classy____" snark out. We have fans of every team here and insulting them isn't ok

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    About that...

"I have a very sad thread for Jaguars fans. It's about the 4th quarter, situational awareness, play calling and predictability. Stay tuned for the very end, where these issues were (unfortunately) highlighted last June."

Thread: https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/st...54941073731584

That thread pretty much lays bare exactly why the Jags lost and it had nothing to do with the refs and everything to do with predictable playcalling and bad time management. Pretty eye opening to see it put into order like this.
    Next level research. I wanted to poke fun at him plugging his book so much, but I think his real endgame is getting an NFL job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Classy team, classy fans. I guess.

Watch the 2009 NFC Championship Game
    and count the amount of helmet hits, late hits, ultralate hits, targetting the knees. Peyton is a piece of shit and should have been suspended much longer.
    I watched the game in 09 and I've seen it a few times since. Im sorry, how is this much different than many normal games that happen every year? Again, there is the proof of how little penalties, injured players, lack of fines/ejections this 'bounty' program had. Sorry you are bitter that Favre threw a terrible interception that ruined your chances.

My favorite part of that game though is the overtime kick, listen to that crowd go ballistic when we win. Don't worry, you guys will eventually win a super bowl...maybe...well maybe not.

Pats are winning.. foles gonna go back to his usual self.

15+ Year Old Account
    Think Eagle fans are gonna commit suicide if they lose the the patriots again lol
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Think Eagle fans are gonna commit suicide if they lose the the patriots again lol
    Pretty sure Atlanta and Seattle fans felt that way the last couple SB wins haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    Pretty sure Atlanta and Seattle fans felt that way the last couple SB wins haha.
    Errrr, after '07 and '11 and the Kearse catch in '14, I wasn't feeling very hopeful either.

I mean if the Patriots lose this year, it's like, well, we won 2 out of the 3 we went to these past few years, that's okay. But I definitely remember '14 and how it had been 10 years and 2 devastating losses and how it looked like the Brady/Belichick nay-sayers were going to have more ammunition and I totally sympathize with any team, including the Eagles that's not seen a Superbowl in a long time, if ever.

It's been a while for Patriots fans, but losing Superbowls sucks and I hope we don't get a reminder of just how much it sucks in 2 weeks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh trust me, I remember 2007 vividly. 2011 sucked, but that team honestly probably shouldn't have even gone to the Super Bowl. Wasn't Edelman playing DB a few times that season?

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Errrr, after '07 and '11 and the Kearse catch in '14, I wasn't feeling very hopeful either.

I mean if the Patriots lose this year, it's like, well, we won 2 out of the 3 we went to these past few years, that's okay. But I definitely remember '14 and how it had been 10 years and 2 devastating losses and how it looked like the Brady/Belichick nay-sayers were going to have more ammunition and I totally sympathize with any team, including the Eagles that's not seen a Superbowl in a long time, if ever.

It's been a while for Patriots fans, but losing Superbowls sucks and I hope we don't get a reminder of just how much it sucks in 2 weeks.
    Must be a hard knock life for Pats fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    Oh trust me, I remember 2007 vividly. 2011 sucked, but that team honestly probably shouldn't have even gone to the Super Bowl. Wasn't Edelman playing DB a few times that season?
    Yep. That secondary sucked balls (and had injuries). McCourty still at CB, Chung being asked to play a lot of 2 deep safety instead of near the box or in man, Sergio fucking Brown playing the other deep safety spot. Front 7 not much better, Wilfork and Mayo were good, but Ninkovich wasn't yet who he became and most of the others were entirely forgetable players.

It did lead to the defense we enjoyed the past few years from the next few drafts (Chandler Jones and Hightower in '12 and Jamie Collins, Logan Ryan and Duron Harmon in '13) cause BB knew he wasn't going to get any further if he didn't retool the defense.

We honestly kind of need to have another good draft this year after only drafting 4 players this season. Starting safeties are starting to get on the wrong side age wise and have mercifully not been injured in the past few years, but you KNOW that's something that's going to happen sooner or later. At corner we pretty much know that Butler is going to walk and we don't really have a second option. Rowe has disappointed compared to where he was a year ago when he expertly helped contain Julio Jones. The rest are on IR and have had spotty play (Cyrus Jones and Jonathan Jones). D-line and linebacker could use quality depth.

We basically only have Marcus Cannon at OT after the season and the rookie we have on IR (who's not played a down). RB we probably lose our best 2 options from this year (Burkhead and Dion Lewis). WR's are old and/or on expiring contracts, so could use quality depth. TE I'm pretty happy with, dependign on what Bennett does. If he comes back we are in a GREAT place. If he doesn't, we'd still be okay with Gronk, Dwayne Allen and the rookie Hollister.

And we desperately need a QB in waiting behind Brady and Hoyer. They could technically skip a QB this year and draft one next year, but it would be risky. If Brady gets injured at any point and has trouble getting back due to age, we'd be screwed. So personally I'd draft one this year, but I can see them waiting if the draft doesn't play out like they hope.

Patriots will have:

1st
    2nd from Niners
    2nd
    3rd
    4th *compensatory*
    4th *compensatory*
    6th
    7th
    7th *compensatory*

(compensatory picks are guesses at the moment and could change)

Plenty of picks to work with, but a little less if you figure they have to pick a QB with one of the first 3 picks. I read an article about how the Patriots have some connection to and are in the draft range for the OSU QB Mason Rudolph. I like what that article laid out about him and why they felt he fit what the Patriots want from their QB's.

Now just have to hope he doesn't start shooting up draft boards and ends up out of Patriots reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Well , they would mentally collapse lol.

However the future for them is very bright tho, like Wentz is elite QB and Offense/Defense goes well for them too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kellen Moore is officially the new QB coach for Dallas. Nice that he at least gets to stay in the organization.