Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How many resources do we need going into 7.2?

This probably isn't the right place to ask this, but it seemed like my best place to get an answer. I know that there will be new research to do, and it's quite costly, but I'm trying to get a few alts to the point where I don't need to worry about anything once 7.2 hits and can just push ahead with them. Does anyone have a ballpark answer to what I should be shooting for?

70k to be safe.

I´m not sure, and forget my source, but I remember watching a youtube video saying 50k for the upgrade - (was it Bellulargaming that casually mentioned it?) but yeah, always good to have more to be sure of course. Again, I do not know pure fact. But I´m glad we are able to stock up on ressources (right?!) instead of having it all wiped clean. Like Artifact Power (right..?) I´m not staying up to date as much as I should

Good evening o/

50k for the two new hall upgrades and then if you want the pets and stuff, those are 10k each.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    50k for the two new hall upgrades and then if you want the pets and stuff, those are 10k each.
    That is quite depressing. After completing my legendary research, I have 3K resources left. I see lots of grinding in my future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post
    That is quite depressing. After completing my legendary research, I have 3K resources left. I see lots of grinding in my future.
    Champions unlock a 3rd equipment slot in 7.2, meaning if you can get 2 resource legendaries and a normal epic one, you can get 300 resources per world quest. 250 if you've been unlucky with champion equipment. 175 if you've been SUPER unlucky with champion equipment. Currently you can even get 200 per world quest if you've been been unlucky.

What I'm saying is, get a bodyguard/assignable champion, equip him with some resource generating equipment, do a month of dailies with them and never worry about resources for the rest of the expac ;P

Currently you can even get 200 per world quest if you've been been unlucky.
    And how can you manage to do that, since you can't equip 2 of the same epic item who grants 100 ressources?^^

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    It's 10000 and 15000 cost now on PTR

Not sure if it's the same for all classes, but 1st choice is a new powerful troop, vs a 6th order hall active champion.

The last one was changed from 2 relic traits to , chance for double WQ AP.

Also legendary research for 2 legendaries is down to 8000 and 1 day

- - - Updated - - -

Just to relief, you, its not 50k anymore on PTR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enentari View Post
    And how can you manage to do that, since you can't equip 2 of the same epic item who grants 100 ressources?^^
    There's a legendary follower item for that but those seem very rare, and to get the right one even moreso.

Also 7.2 adds a 3rd equipment slot after getting more follower xp beyond purple, itemlevel also goes up to 900 (maybe more), but it uses new itemlevel tokens you need to collect.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-11 at 11:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my, I have like 10k, I have to start grinding this too luckely Blood of Sargeras or w/e they are called can be turned into resources. Guess WQ is only other source? or how do you get this fast?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Also 7.2 adds a 3rd equipment slot after getting more follower xp beyond purple, itemlevel also goes up to 900 (maybe more), but it uses new itemlevel tokens you need to collect.
    I currently have stored a stack of the current armor upgrades ready for when 7.2 hits to instanly upgrade them. So i can safely vendor those then? (before their vendor value changes to 1c)

Quote Originally Posted by Enentari View Post
    Right now; Rogues, Hunters, Priests, Warlocks, and Warriors can get 300 per wq complete.

Im at 500k resources on main and nothing over 4k on shit alts i dont play. Time to save blood of sargeras to buy em resources.

My follower has 150 resources for every WQ complete and I switched from getting a bonus roll to getting 100 resources per WQ complete, so 250 per WQ (only need to do 16 a WEEK to have the same effect).

Once 7.2 comes, followers get another slot and you should be able to get 400 resources per WQ. Obviously depending on class.

Purchase the Boon of the Bloodhunter from Wardens and start stacking those bloods.

It is not a inconvenience and you will just passively get a lot of Bloods.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    70k to be safe.
    where the hell did you get 70k from?
    the two researches come out to be 50k
    and 10k is well then enough for the researches+ any missions
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

1 blood = 200 resources and the resource crates are boa. Dunno about you but I have 1200 bloods and I dont even specifically target them beyond doing the profession world quests that give 5-10 in Dalaran and Valdisall.

No grinding required.

the cost for artifact researchis still 500 resources or they changed that ?

wait, ilvl of followers are increasing too ?
    Last edited by Unforgivenn; 2017-03-20 at 08:54 PM.

Deleted
    Hope it does cost a lot of order resources, because my friends are low on order resources and blood.
    It would make me very happy to have one over them

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    where the hell did you get 70k from?
    the two researches come out to be 50k
    and 10k is well then enough for the researches+ any missions
    The last 2 researches got reduced to cost 10000 and 15000 each

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    the cost for artifact researchis still 500 resources or they changed that ?

wait, ilvl of followers are increasing too ?
    Yes 900, using new itemlevel items, old ones only work till 850

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    The last 2 researches got reduced to cost 10000 and 15000 each

- - - Updated - - -

Yes 900, using new itemlevel items, old ones only work till 850
    what since when?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content