Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    I don't recall saying that you should debate with nazis. Punish them when they break the laws is what I said.
    And otherwise what? Just ignore them and hope they go away?
    That's a bunch of bullshit.
    Its not historically inaccurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    Luckaly we did indeed, free speech has its limits. No Nazi's in our house!

Mussert was executed in '46. "They say" that you can still smell the stench of his rotting corpse when the wind blows from the east.

It was funny how Hitler and the SS loathed that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Do you think the state should decide what opinions you can and can't have and lock people up for having opinions that they decide you can't have?

I moved away from a country where that kind of things happened, I don't want that kind of bullshit in USA too.

10+ Year Old Account

Its not historically inaccurate.
    Adopt our superior laws that ban nazi speech.

Do you think the state should decide what opinions you can and can't have and lock people up for having opinions that they decide you can't have?

I moved away from a country where that kind of things happened, I don't want that kind of bullshit in USA too.
    That's a stupid question.

10+ Year Old Account

If those opinions involve incitement to violence, yes, and im happy the Netherlands has those kind of laws.
    Although fines are far more common.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Adopt our superior laws that ban nazi speech.
    I prefer open derision, scorn and loathing with aggressive no-platforming. Not going to lose sleep over the occasional right hook either.

if they remain being violent, something should be done against them.

but i'm not for outlawing any groups based on a train of thought that i don't like. if they can tame their selves and start just protesting instead of rioting and being violent, they should be left alone.

That's a stupid question.
    No, it really isn't. Your response warranted it. What do you suggest we do about people who differ from others in the opinions they hold? Do we let them be(Ignore them) or do we lock them up?

If we're going to start locking people up for their opinions then why the fuck did I even move?

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I remember a time when the people on the left HATED violence and LOVED the ability to speak freely without the threat of violence. Yet, they seem to have abandoned those principles for some stupid reasons.
    There are many degrees of "people on the left". I myself are "centered left" and i definitely approve of violence if it help save someone who can't defend him/herself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    It was funny how Hitler and the SS loathed that guy.
    He was a misfit in any sense.
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

No, it really isn't. Your response warranted it. What do you suggest we do about people who differ from others in the opinions they hold? Do we let them be(Ignore them) or do we lock them up?

If we're going to start locking people up for their opinions then why the fuck did I even move?
    Not sure who is talking about locking up people for opinions but I don't know why you're asking me about it.

Not sure who is talking about locking up people for opinions but I don't know why you're asking me about it.
    Then what do you suggest?

I don't recall saying that you should debate with nazis. Punish them when they break the laws is what I said.
    You clearly expect something more than just punishing them when they break laws.

Then what do you suggest?

You clearly expect something more than just punishing them when they break laws.
    On this actual page:

I prefer open derision, scorn and loathing with aggressive no-platforming. Not going to lose sleep over the occasional right hook either.

On this actual page:
    So how is that any different from what I said?

So how is that any different from what I said?
    Am I making undue assumptions regarding your reading level?

Am I making undue assumptions regarding your reading level?
    How about you just be clear about what you mean? Shouldn't be that hard. You responded to my post about punishing nazis, implying that I suggest we should debate with nazis. Surely you see why I've made the assumptions that I've done from this, based on what you said, no?
    Last edited by Moratori; 2017-03-08 at 02:29 AM.

How about you just be clear about what you mean? Shouldn't be that hard. You responded to my post about punishing nazis, implying that I suggest we should debate with nazis. Surely you see why I've made the assumptions that I've done from this, based on what you said, no?
    How the fuck is "I prefer open derision, scorn and loathing with aggressive no-platforming. Not going to lose sleep over the occasional right hook either" not clear?

How the fuck is "I prefer open derision, scorn and loathing with aggressive no-platforming. Not going to lose sleep over the occasional right hook either" not clear?
    How is this in any way contradictory to what I said? You jumped in and started going on about how I want to "debate with nazis" when I didn't say that and saying that we should punish them when they break laws doesn't contradict this. So why did you give me shit for my post?
    Last edited by Moratori; 2017-03-08 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Don't think you understand... It's like you didn't read what I wrote. Hint: Admit is the keyword.
    I understood just fine. Admitting to it would only be irrational if I was trying to avoid the consequences. I'm not. Because as I explained above, I don't care if I get banned for a little while. I love this forum and all, but not so much that I get separation anxiety. As an added bonus, the people that typically disagree with me are more content to just play up the victim complex instead of just, you know, reporting my shit.

Also, admitting to being a troll like that kinda invalidates your opinions.
    Sounds like laziness on your part. It may surprise you, but people don't always respond the same way in every situation. "You were trolling in thread X, therefore your argument in thread Y is invalid!" is a logical fallacy.

But, sure, go ahead and "not care". You're just making yourself look foolish.
    If I'm the foolish one despite not being the one committing logical fallacies here, then...
    Last edited by Garnier Fructis; 2017-03-08 at 02:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Of course people want safe space. We all want a guarantee not to be bludegoned, and beaten to death because of difference in opinion. You on the other hand, seem to think that ideas can be as dangerous as fists thus it's all or nothing. To say that is misguided, is selling it short.
    Ideas are just as dangerous as fists. An idea can topple an empire.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.