Hide not updated addon in Curse?

Hi, i don't know it's the right place to ask, but MMO-Champion is a Curse site, so i hope someone can address me!
    Can i filter addon with Curse ( new client ) that only works with my current version of the game?
    If it's not possibile, Why i can still see addon that didn't get an update for Legion? The only way it's to filter addon for "recently updated".
    Why curse still support old and unsupported addon by default? Curse is like an app store for addon, and i think they have to improve it.
    Many newbyes of addon download not updated addon ( like CLC for DK) or similar because they se it's a top Downloads, and don't realize the addon it's unsupported So they crash in dungeon, fail in raid, or think gearscore still exist or didn't realize that download spellflash (unsupported) for Ovale(supported) cause the client to crash or DBM stop to work -.-
    Last edited by Blackheart87; 2017-03-08 at 01:55 PM.

An addon not updated for Legion does not mean it's automatically broken. There are many addons that still work because they use code that wasn't changed or removed. I understand that the average player is not knowledgeable in Lua, but they can still make a conscious decision on whether or not to use an addon based on the last updated date, which is shown in the Curse Client.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

There is no way to tell people "this addon might be broken" like wordpress plugin store, or curse use a "like / dislike" system (not only like) or They have to advise people in same way "this addon can't work with your game version" cause it's not updated for it.
    I have a lot of newbye friend that "ruin" their game for lua bug and crash.
    Last edited by Blackheart87; 2017-03-08 at 02:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart87 View Post
    There is no way to tell people "this addon might be broken"
    No there aint cause the updater has no THING after which he can decide if an addon is broken. just because the addon wasnt updated for a while doesnt mean it can be counted as "might not work" thats not how lua works.

There is no way to tell people "this addon might be broken"

Yes, it's flawed in some way that you either have to read comments to see if it's still working
    It would maybe be useful for Curse / WoWInterface to add a sort of voted on / automated flag that an addon:
    • is not working in the current build because of Lua errors
    • or actually working even if it wasn't updated for the latest major build / TOC

But it doesn't hurt to just try out the addon yourself for a minute
    Last edited by Ketho; 2017-03-08 at 06:20 PM.

I have a lot of newbye friend that "ruin" their game for lua bug and crash.
    Then simply inform them that they can disable said addon(s) and /reloadui. Ruined no more. Unless they install a bunch of outdated addons at once, it isn't hard to figure out the one causing issues.

This sounds in part to be a problem with players jumping onto something they simply do not understand, and blaming others for their lack of understanding.
    And to be honest nothing is going to be solved by any "rating" feature.
    Players managed to completely avoid reading patch notes back when they were shoved in our face when the game patched.
    They can and will ignore that too and still blame someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    This sounds in part to be a problem with players jumping onto something they simply do not understand, and blaming others for their lack of understanding.
    And to be honest nothing is going to be solved by any "rating" feature.
    Players managed to completely avoid reading patch notes back when they were shoved in our face when the game patched.
    They can and will ignore that too and still blame someone else.
    Many old addons can work, but i'm asking why there is NO WAY to avoid this: https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/category/death-knight
    Top 5 downloaded of DK addon: Bitten's SpellFlash: DK and CLC DK , not updated from 6.1, a ROTATION SPELL PRIORITY addon, why is this "part" of an addon still here?! Still in top 3 download? I think because many newbye download it, and then don't use it but let the addon to be a top 5 addon for dk.

Spellflash it's one of the not updated addon that many of my newbye friend install and crash or give lot lua error disabling random addon ONLY during fight.

Why an user friendly addon manager like Curse cannot be really user friendly? Even wow ask you to confirm to "load deprecated addon", why curse cannot ask before download deprecated addon ?
    Last edited by Blackheart87; 2017-03-09 at 11:23 AM.

Many old addons can work, but i'm asking why there is NO WAY to avoid this: https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/category/death-knight
    Top 5 downloaded of DK addon: Bitten's SpellFlash: DK and CLC DK , not updated from 6.1, a ROTATION SPELL PRIORITY addon, why is this "part" of an addon still here?! Still in top 3 download? I think because many newbye download it, and then don't use it but let the addon to be a top 5 addon for dk.

Spellflash it's one of the not updated addon that many of my newbye friend install and crash or give lot lua error disabling random addon ONLY during fight.

Why an user friendly addon manager like Curse cannot be really user friendly? Even wow ask you to confirm to "load deprecated addon", why curse cannot ask before download deprecated addon ?
    That does nothing to explain why a rating system would solve anything.
    Players can and have avoided reading something actively pushed in their face.

You simply can't come up with a reason why rating would solve anything.
    Because it will not.

The addon client is user friendly as far as doing what it is meant to be.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

True but, in the addon client (new one, the Curse App), you can't read comment, you can read only part of description, so nothing is "actively pushed in their face"

True but, in the addon client (new one, the Curse App), you can't read comment, you can read only part of description, so nothing is "actively pushed in their face"
    And it makes no difference if it was, as made crystal clear by the previous inclusion of patch notes in the launcher.
    If anything can in any way be ignored, then it will be.
    And that absolutely can be.