Deleted

Holy Priest PvP is not bad at all!

I did many BGs yesterday and a day before as Holy and i was very very surprised: it feels stronger than Discipline, easier playstyle, better survivability and stronger heals. Maybe is just me or my luck but i was "shocked" how strong Holy can perform in PvP. And i've been so afraid PvPing as Holy just because people have been crying on Forums about how Holy is by far the worst healing spec in PvP.
    My experience is completely different: on my MW Monk i do feel more powerful, but Holy is really not far behind after buffs. Holy feels so refreshing, while Discipline could be so frustrating to play sometimes (you need to dps and heal). Haven't tried arena with Holy yet (not enough AP).
    So, can someone enlighten me why people favorized Discipline so much over Holy in PvP?

You mash up the kinds of PvP a bit here, it seems.
    In (random aka unorganized) BGs, Holy may feel strong, fun and versatile. But you will hardly get a foot on the ground in arenas, and that's where disc "shines" (not really, just compared to hpriest). I guess that's where the favoritism and the opinions you read come from...

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure it's because of the lack of AoE fear.

Yeah this post is very semantics.

Last expansion Holy priest was easily the strongest healer in PvP... if by PvP you meant Ashran, because 40v40 damage patterns were actually perfect for Holy's toolkit of Circle of Healing/Cascade/Clarity of Purpose/HW:Sanctify stacking.

Not very meaningful statement, yeah?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
    Yeah this post is very semantics.

Last expansion Holy priest was easily the strongest healer in PvP... if by PvP you meant Ashran, because 40v40 damage patterns were actually perfect for Holy's toolkit of Circle of Healing/Cascade/Clarity of Purpose/HW:Sanctify stacking.

Not very meaningful statement, yeah?
    It's not all about healing numbers: survivability is what surprises me: you were a free kill first few months after Legion launch, but now you have so many tools to survive, if you have all of your PVP talents unlocked of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    but now you have so many tools to survive
    Ever played against a frost mage plus a rogue/druid in arena?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rici View Post
    Ever played against a frost mage plus a rogue/druid in arena?
    Not with Holy Priest. I only have 22 AK on my Holy spec at the moment. I am only talking about being a casual healer in BGs btw. I only play Arenas with my dps main specs. I have three healing classes: Monk, Priest and Paladin. While MW Monk is imo top healer for BGs in casual hands, Holy Paladin is by far the worst healer i've ever played: no survivability out of bubble, low healing, no instant self heals to keep you alive vs melee train. You need to be super skilled with Holy Paladin to come even close to an average MW Monk.
    Discipline is strong but usually i'm just too lazy to mange healing through Atonement kind of playstyle. You are forced to take Schism to kill anything and to get any healing numbers. Holy Priest is not very strong but far from unplayable as people usually thought + it's super fun. Imo the only healer that's unplayable in PvP is Holy Paladin.
    Sorry for english ...
    Last edited by mmoc4f70414cfa; 2017-03-15 at 01:13 PM.

Deleted
    As a holy priest you're pretty dead against dual/triple dps in arenas. BGs are fine though of course but you can't turn to BGs for balance in PvP

Deleted
    priest healers in general are worse than the other healers in pvp atm. so sad to see disc go from cool specc to cool specc idea but horrible designed specc that just melt if you focus them (i know you generally don't do it)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starmind View Post
    As a holy priest you're pretty dead against dual/triple dps in arenas. BGs are fine though of course but you can't turn to BGs for balance in PvP
    Actually not true, if you have 2 other good mates and use your CDs really good then you get what TE is meaning.

i for myseld playing Holy on PvP - Normal BGs, Rated, 2v2, 3v3 and u cant believe how good the gameplay feels .... sure there everytime combos who can oneshot u but with practice u see what im meaning