Page 1 of 2
LastLast

No More Portals For Pugs!!!

I see a big problem with pugs inviting warlocks just for a summoning portal and then the warlock gets kicked. Should Blizzard look into having the portal bound to the warlock? if the warlock leaves before the portal's cool down goes away, the portal goes with the warlock and vanishes from the raid because the warlock is no longer there.

I appreciate all feedback on this idea. Thanks you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whitehead View Post
    I see a big problem with pugs inviting warlocks just for a summoning portal and then the warlock gets kicked. Should Blizzard look into having the portal bound to the warlock? if the warlock leaves before the portal's cool down goes away, the portal goes with the warlock and vanishes from the raid because the warlock is no longer there.

I appreciate all feedback on this idea. Thank you.
    It seems like a decent idea long as it doesn't go away or stop working if the lock leaves on their own accord.

Also if the lock is kicked from the raid too. Its if the lock leaves for whatever the reason is.

I think it's a solution in search of a problem. I've never encountered the OP's situation, where as any time I want to swap character and leave a portal behind to get my alt summoned I'm glad the portal persists.

Deleted
    If I could still be summoned by my own portal that'd be great If not, meh never had the issue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    It goes away if you log off.
    Good to know.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Portal does NOT disappear if you log off.
    You can switch to an alt in your raid and get summoned by your own portal you set up before.

I once got invited to a m+ group after i set up healthstones they kicked me.

I can honestly say i l chuckled irl.

If a mage pops a portal and leaves the group, portal doesn't work any longer. right? If this is the case, the warlock summoning portal should work the same. They're both destination portals..

Have never seen anything like this in 11 years of raiding :\
    Are you sure it is common problem? Or just happened with you single time?

They would just sumon people and then kick you, that changes nothing. It's actually going to waste more of your time...

Normally its after I summon the portal, then I get kicked. Portal is still up for 10mins or so.

Deleted
    Summons are removed or blocked from use inside the raid / dungeon.
    All raids and dungeons have a summon stone outside.

Problems solved.

Deleted
    I have been in raid pugs where my low dps/low gear is ignored just because I can summon replacements.

Deleted
    They could do same system as its with demonic circle, that it shows as buff, u can click it and circle dissapear. But anyway it never happen to me, or heard bout it, its first time i c smtg like that in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Summons are removed or blocked from use inside the raid / dungeon.
    All raids and dungeons have a summon stone outside.

Problems solved.
    If by "Problems solved" you mean "Summoning Portal made useless". Inside raids is 90% of what I use Summoning Portal for; because someone wants to switch characters or someone logged on late or someone got lost (again) and it's easier than backtracking to lead them the right way.

Portal does NOT disappear if you log off.
    You can switch to an alt in your raid and get summoned by your own portal you set up before.
    This is a change from HFC then as I had it happen several times when rotating for bosses.

Just because you can summon people doesn't mean you should get a free pass on the requirements and performance the group expects of you.

This is not a major problem and thus does not need a fix. Deal with it and move on to another group in which this is likely to never happen.