Poll: What is the best pizza type?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    After googling American Pizza I understood why you call them pies

Fun fact: American Pizza in Italy is a normal pizza (thin) with sliced hot dogs and frency fries on top
    That actually sounds amazing. Why don't they sell american pizza here in america?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Within 10 miles of my location I can go to a pizza place that makes a 28 inch New York style pizza, a place that makes a fat 5lb heavy Chicago style deep dish pizza that has more of a pie for crust and is better eaten with a knife and fork, an authentic thin crust Italian style pizza complete with resident greasy Italian making it, or a bunch of national wide and local chains that make a variety of all types.

All of them are pizza, and (almost) all of them taste good. Do Italians in Italy even get the choice of a different style of pizza?

I love thincrust pizza. What's not to love about getting to eat more toppings and less bread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Chicago has the best pizza and the best hotdogs!
    Ive had Chicago style pizza when I lived there for a year. Its not that its bad but its like eating cake. If you need a fork and knife to eat a pizza something is wrong.
    I would have agreed with the hotog however I went to Toronto last year and had one of the greats Chili dogs I have ever tried
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Italian pizza doesn't look that good to be honest. I'd have to taste it.
    Because they like "minimalistic" foods. Honestly, most of the food in Italy is simple as a stick. And wonderful. Once i tried something called fredo (?) pasta tricolori - that was cold pasta with basilico, mozzarella and tomato (tricolor ). At first i was nervous - cold pasta with some tomato and cheese? - but damn, in the midday heat it was good.

Again, the picture you linked, is the basic pizza, and for the record, its good. Simple ingredients, simple taste, simple result: you have a good meal.

Back to the original question: no matter, it only have to be good and delicious. A good dough (maybe the most important thing in the pizza), topplings you like, done. Bon appetit.

Italian pizza wins every time. A dough that you can literally see through because it's so thin, that is properly crisp, with proper topping that's fresh and tastes amazing? Yes please. Compensating for soggy dough and sub-quality toppings with literally kilos of cheese to glue your stomach into a pulp is not what I consider proper pizza. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I guess my palate has been ruined because every time I go to "authentic" Italian pizzarias; or even the three times I've been to Italy, I thought the pizza was shit.

American style all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    If it's part of multiple courses I'd rather the Italian, but if I just want one big thing to eat American all the way.