Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    If they were legitimately ripped off by WoW then they do have justification.

I see what you did thar.
    did I strike a nerve?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Even the OT-forum cannot go on without WoW it seems. So...how would WoW " legitimately" rip you off? Blizzard came to your house, put a gun to your head and made you pay 13 dollars that you could ill afford while you didn't even want to play?

But hey..I know that there are people who got the Annual pass (pay 10 months, play 12), got a mount and Diablo 3 for free and still cried how they "got ripped off". I bet somebody even called that " legitimately"
    Annual pass had claims of being a bait and switch, people not getting their beta keys probably and a few other issues. Dead realms with Blizzard scamming people out of transfer fees to put their characters on proper servers. False advertising on WOTLK boxes tricking people into thinking they were getting air combat. The diablo thing and so on.
    You might agree or disagree with these problems but customers have a right to be angry about them.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    did I strike a nerve?
    Only the funny bone.

I would say that there is no logic behind it other than that some people thrive off of being jerks to others. Also this reminds me a lot of the Penny Arcade formula for internet behavior which I think applies.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    All art, music included, is business. If a customer has a complaint, it's their right to voice it publically. Granted, acting like a child and issuing threats or trolling generally destroys their own argument. So, aside from being annoying and sweeping them under the rug, they are wasting their time and effort being immature. The problem innately fixes itself.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Everyone's going to make and think different things. It is literally impossible for everyone on the internet to agree with you and do what you want them to do with their lives.

Some people just can't come to terms with that because they still think they're the main character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    This doesn't happen. Give examples and you will see every case has its history.
    Nickelback.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brimdog View Post
    there is never logic involved in harassment, that is emotional.
    I came in here to say this, but I appear to have been beaten to the draw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Annual pass had claims of being a bait and switch, people not getting their beta keys probably and a few other issues. Dead realms with Blizzard scamming people out of transfer fees to put their characters on proper servers. False advertising on WOTLK boxes tricking people into thinking they were getting air combat. The diablo thing and so on.
    You might agree or disagree with these problems but customers have a right to be angry about them.
    See that is the problem. Someone at Blizzard or some spreadsheet fucked up and a few players didn't get their Beta Key, or the more likely scenario their email or battle.net account was not set up properly and the Beta Key went to some dead box.

Then everyone and their mother that hears about this story piles on about some box art, and then more people pile on with server transfers things, and more and more. When in reality it was a few lost emails.

If these are legitimate claims you take them to Blizzard and sort them out. You do not go all psycho on some third party website.

Same as those ladies with the waiter. Work it out with the restaurant. Dont go all SJW on Facebook and get the restaurant shut down for some dumbass waiter.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's usually a 50/50 combination of not being very well endowed and basically having nothing better to do with their lives.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be frank, it's most likely caused by people who have sociopathic tendencies. They simply get a kick off doing that.

I'm glad that there are consequences to this, like the guy who sent an epileptic .gif on someone's feed to purposefully give the receiver an epilepsy attack.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

There's no need for logic, the Internet and social media in particular has simply allowed the borderline psychos a venue where they can operate with little to no fear of being faced with consequences.

Like the 60-year old woman that spent all her days tormenting a 14-year old, making new accounts to spam her Facebook and telling her to kill her disgusting self... If not for the internet, that 60-year old woman would just have been a loner with her fucked-up thoughts rattling in her head.