Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Patch 7.2 Content Release Timeline

Patch 7.2 Creature Scaling With Item Level - Update

Patch 7.2 Content Release Timeline
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’ve seen some confusion around the availability and timing of various aspects of the 7.2 patch, and we’d like to clarify our plans for releasing the remaining pieces of Patch 7.2’s content:

• Week 2 (next week): Legion Assaults begin, first PvP Brawl becomes available
    • Week 3: Chapter 5 of the Class Order Hall campaign unlocks, which activates new followers, new Order Hall upgrades, and class-specific World Quests
    • Week 4+: Ongoing story pieces unlock, leading up to the eventual opening of the Tomb of Sargeras raid, and the ability to earn Class Mounts

Several of these pieces tie into the overarching story being told in 7.2: our return to the Broken Shore for vengeance, followed by the Legion’s response, and the eventual buildup toward the assault on the Tomb of Sargeras and Kil’jaeden himself. With the release of Patch 7.2, that series of events is set into motion, but they don’t all occur immediately. For example, the upcoming Legion Assaults are a direct response to our initial attack on the Broken Shore. Those assaults, in turn, prompt some of the later parts of the Order Hall campaign. These events occur in a chronological order, and we want to give players the chance to be there as it happens, rather than having some of it unfold off-screen or rushing it along.

But aside from the narrative, pacing content releases helps with clear direction and player focus. During PTR testing, where we had the calendar advanced to allow for testing of all content in parallel, players were pulled in many different directions from the outset. While the heart of the patch lies on the Broken Shore, Legion Assaults were drawing players back to the original Broken Isles zones, and many Order Campaign questlines sent players to other expansions’ continents. With the content release structure we settled on, Broken Shore can stand alone as the initial focus of attention. We didn’t open the Tomb of Sargeras raid with the patch because we don’t want to rush players who are still progressing through Nighthold, but that same sort of logic applies to nearly all other features.

We apologize that that hasn’t been clear enough from the start, but hope that this will help relieve some concerns.

Hmm, maybe 4 weeks from now is too soon for Tomb, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Adi91 View Post
    It's not coming in exactly 4 weeks, it says 4+.

Tomb is at least 2 months away.

for mythic raider yess but for casual player (most of wow players) 4-5 weeks is more than enough

10+ Year Old Account
    Ongoing story pieces unlock, leading up to the eventual opening of the Tomb of Sargeras raid

reading comprehension is difficult at times.

OT: They've been doing a damn good job with these patches so far. I wonder what 7.25 and 7.3 will have in store when we get to them.

The Nighthold has only been out for two months. There's absolutley no way the Tomb of Sargeras opens before late May.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Gating, gating everywhere! Subs must be pretty low for them to resort to those tactics!

It says 4+ weeks, "eventually leading up to the Tomb of...., they have said in several places that this campaign will take weeks and that nighthold will be the raid for a while longer. I wouldn't expect Tomb to release until mid May at the earliest.

Calling it now ToS will come out either June 14th or 21st
    Judging from this;
    June 23 - New Raid: Hellfire Citadel opens with Normal and Heroic difficulties available.
    3.0 FF14: Heavensward June 23, 2015

4.0 FF14: Stormblood June 20, 2017
    Strong chance they'll want to put something out the same time the expansion hits, i'm expecting the 14th just prior to the release
    That's also after 11weeks from patch day, which we're supposedly getting an 11week quest chain that will lead up to breaching the tomb.

Although I wouldn't be surprised to see 7.2.5 release 14/06/17 with Tomb the following week of 21/06/17

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Gating, gating everywhere! Subs must be pretty low for them to resort to those tactics!
    Dude why do you even play wow anymore? You're always a negative cuntbag in all threads and you complain about everything. And if you don't even play wow and still feel the need to complain then you're just a sad human being.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Calling it now ToS will come out either June 14th or 21st
    Judging from this;

Strong chance they'll want to put something out the same time the expansion hits, i'm expecting the 14th just prior to the release
    That's also after 11weeks from patch day, which we're supposedly getting an 11week quest chain that will lead up to breaching the tomb.

Although I wouldn't be surprised to see 7.2.5 release 14/06/17 with Tomb the following week of 21/06/17
    You're assuming people care about that weebo game.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    You're assuming people care about that weebo game.
    Actually i'm assuming Blizzard does when looking that they released HFC the day FF14's second expansion was released, as well as we've been given an 11week quest chain leading up to breaching the Tomb which from patch day will finish making week 12 14/06 6 days prior to the release of FF14's 3rd expansion.

hence my assumption it will release either 14/06 or 21/06.

It is still entirely too soon for ToS to open. But, I completely get & share the sentiments of many others with the open world content. It felt awfully weird to have nothing left an hour into a new patch aside from grinding mobs for nethershards. Especially when nothing actually tells me that's a good idea. I only know that's a thing because of outside sources. There isn't even an incompleted quest in my log indicating I should go back to Broken shore tonight. I just know I should go do the WQ for rep even though nothing currently tells me that rep goal exists aside from an achievement.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    For clarification, the last bullet is being rephrased to say "Weeks 4-11" - hopefully that will help with some confusion there.

The Tomb of Sargeras raid is at least a couple months away, and we will be revealing more information on that as it gets closer to release.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    So you'd prefer to be 100% finished with 7.2 today, and have nothing new to do for months?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Actually i'm assuming Blizzard does when looking that they released HFC the day FF14's second expansion was released, as well as we've been given an 11week quest chain leading up to breaching the Tomb which from patch day will finish making week 12 14/06 6 days prior to the release of FF14's 3rd expansion.

hence my assumption it will release either 14/06 or 21/06.
    It's not unheard of for Blizzard to time new content to land around the time new content in other big MMOs hits. 7.2 released the same day the last big story patch for Heavensward hit, and Tomb of Sargeras will likely open in early June to coincide with FFXIV: Stormblood launch. Back in the day they timed content releases to steal thunder from SWTOR and RIFT, too. Anyone who denies that at this point is being willfully ignorant. That being said, they're aping what is arguably FFXIV's strongest point: the three-month patch cycle that provides steady story updates and new dungeon content, which is only a good thing IMO.

FFXIV isn't going to pull anywhere near WoW numbers (again, anyone who expects that sort of lightning-in-a-bottle success to repeat without a huge design shift in the MMO genre is being willfully ignorant), but it's still steady competition for WoW considering it has a stable playerbase and a dedicated team. That's something to be celebrated because it keeps both teams on their toes.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

4 weeks when there is barely anything to do..lmao. also they spent literally ZERO on artwork this patch it's quite pathetic. If you compare this to the Throne of Thunder patch, it becomes very obvious immediately how the mighty have fallen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ugh. Just. Ugh.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    So you'd prefer to be 100% finished with 7.2 today, and have nothing new to do for months?
    Is that the only two options? Month of gating or a couple days worth of shit to do? How about they just add some extra shit to do? They just tuned a brand new raid, maybe add that to the fucking mix. It would have been smooth it they didn't gate nighthold for so long. Gating gone wrong.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-