Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Again, to the people going "OMG IM PISSED I SPENT MY AP ON IT", get a grip. It's still our most valueable trait, and it leads to the golden one that's also the most valueable. You lost nothing, you'd have put the AP in there anyway if you had a shred of intelligence. Don't moan.
    Since you use Windburst only if there is no proc on AS/MS it actually counts..

Quote Originally Posted by memphx View Post

With windbursts' damage doubling you can be sure it'll be a "use on cd, no matter vulnerable"-thing with the golden trait.

Last night was fun, I knew we got way better than before and saw a nerf coming but this is a bit too much. I wonder how we'll feel when we reach paragons compared to other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Again, to the people going "OMG IM PISSED I SPENT MY AP ON IT", get a grip. It's still our most valueable trait, and it leads to the golden one that's also the most valueable. You lost nothing, you'd have put the AP in there anyway if you had a shred of intelligence. Don't moan.
    Not true, some of us use meme spec

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    They should have buffed it, not nerfed...
    While I get that it's shitty we're weaker, this is just a stupid comment lol.

The trait, was overpowered and yes it needed a nerf, due to how much stronger it is than every other trait. But it should have only been put to about 6% AND we needed to be buffed elsewhere to make up for it.

It made our dmg nice but not nearly op. But the relic itself WAS op.

That relic was already worth 9ilvls, whereas every other relic isn't even worth 1. Clearly somethings wrong with that. Nerf it to 6%, and buff the others. Then bam, it's a good thing. Nerfing it to 4% would still be fine, as long as they buffed other things.

TL;DR Trait was op, needed to be nerfed. But should have had the dmg lost put somewhere else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HappyLuckBox View Post
    Not true, some of us use meme spec
    And even for you it's strong. Piercing shot. Also, even those who use meme spec should still use Trick Shot build on like 5/10 of the NH fights. (Varies on your raid composition, if you have a very aoe light team then it's just 3/10)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by memphx View Post
    Uhhh Windburst to apply vuln>marked to apply vuln. If you have a marked shot proc up and a Windburst off CD. You cast Windburst. That's the higher priority on ST.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post

The trait, was overpowered and yes it needed a nerf, due to how much stronger it is than every other trait. But it should have only been put to about 6% AND we needed to be buffed elsewhere to make up for it.

That relic was already worth 9ilvls, whereas every other relic isn't even worth 1. Clearly somethings wrong with that. Nerf it to 6%, and buff the others. Then bam, it's a good thing. Nerfing it to 4% would still be fine, as long as they buffed other things.

TL;DR Trait was op, needed to be nerfed. But should have had the dmg lost put somewhere else.

- - - Updated - - -

And even for you it's strong. Piercing shot. Also, even those who use meme spec should still use Trick Shot build on like 5/10 of the NH fights. (Varies on your raid composition, if you have a very aoe light team then it's just 3/10)

- - - Updated - - -

Uhhh Windburst to apply vuln>marked to apply vuln. If you have a marked shot proc up and a Windburst off CD. You cast Windburst. That's the higher priority on ST.
    you use trick in meme when you have the belt, not everyone has.

Quote Originally Posted by keygy View Post
    you use trick in meme when you have the belt, not everyone has.
    Wait what? It's not trick in meme spec, if that's what you mean. There are 2 main builds. Trick shot build and Meme build. If you get the belt it means you go Trick shot build on all the fights. If you don't have the belt, you only go trickshot on 5/10 fights, (3/10 if your raid team has very low aoe dmg) Mythic fights are what I'm talking about.

On the upside, you get proportionally stronger in 7.2 the same amount(give or take) as everyone else. Pre-nurf it was like everyone gained 25-30k dps from their new traits and MM got 60-70k.... that just can't be justified regardless of where it put you. So for now you'll stay where you were in 7.1.5 if not slightly higher as some classes have absolutely useless traits.

Hopefully in the 7.2.5 patch right before ToS they'll do another large balance pass and look at MM for overall balance.

Deleted
    I would say nerfing it to 7% would have been a decent balance fix, giving us a much-needed bump on single target while not being completely op as fuck. But the nerf could have beeen redistributed to other traits, like quick shot, rever the change when after 3 point it loses in value(still dont get that change to this day).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    On the upside, you get proportionally stronger in 7.2 the same amount(give or take) as everyone else. Pre-nurf it was like everyone gained 25-30k dps from their new traits and MM got 60-70k.... that just can't be justified regardless of where it put you. So for now you'll stay where you were in 7.1.5 if not slightly higher as some classes have absolutely useless traits.

Hopefully in the 7.2.5 patch right before ToS they'll do another large balance pass and look at MM for overall balance.
    We are the ones with the useless trait, Say hello to cheetah trait. gives dodge when we use the aspect, isn't that a great Dps boost?

Pre-nurf it was like everyone gained 25-30k dps from their new traits and MM got 60-70k.... that just can't be justified regardless of where it put you.
    Wut? BM got 30k from just their 4/4 trait alone, and fury warriors get like 60k from their golden trait alone.

They want us to move into their "new spec!" of the expansion, entirely ignoring the fact that most hunters didn't fucking sign up to play melee.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Im aware its useful for meme spec, but seeing as piercing and aimed do about 25-35% of my total damage with meme and aimed does 50-60 with trickshot build...its only about half as strong for meme.

Trickshot should be used for krosus, auger, and trilliax. Chrono is debatable. With belt you can use meme spec on bot. So yeah 4-5/10
    Last edited by HappyLuckBox; 2017-03-30 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    They want us to move into their "new spec!" of the expansion, entirely ignoring the fact that most hunters didn't fucking sign up to play melee.
    That's exactly what they are doing. And even if i never wanted to play as mele i'd go SV if it wasn't so stupid.
    I don't know how ppl even want to play that spec considering 2 of the abilities of a single target rotation have to be click positioned?

Yes macros can help but that doesn't fix the rest of the bullshit that spec.
    They turned a ranged spec into the worst and most complicated mele spec of all mele specs in the game ...

I have a friend that never plays ranged specs and used Legion to create and level a SV hunter because he likes to play mele. He switched to BM now

Im aware its useful for meme spec, but seeing as piercing and aimed do about 25-35% of my total damage with meme and aimed does 50-60 with trickshot build...its only about half as strong for meme.

Trickshot should be used for krosus, auger, and trilliax. Chrono is debatable. With belt you can use meme spec on bot. So yeah 4-5/10
    With belt you don't go meme spec on bot, belt empowers trick shot.

Krosus, Augur, Trilliax all clearly Trickshot. Chrono is Trickshot unless your raid team has very low aoe dps then sure, meme can be understandable, outside of that it's just padding for rankings, and botanist again unless your team has shitty aoe dmg and can't handle the 2 adds without it, then yeah go meme but honestly for prog on it if you can trickshot you should, because p3 is just kill it before it kills you.

Skorp ofc meme build but if your team has super aoe dmg, is yours really needed? Wouldn't it be nicer to speed up the fight? Really doesn't matter though.
    Spellblade, yep meme build. I personally still go trickshot on it, cause even on mythic the adds die within 5seconds of spawning for us. So I don't see the point.
    Tich, meme build is great for bat phase and all the adds.
    Elisande adds are important and have to die asap, so meme build is good.
    Gul'dan same as above.

If you have the belt though, fights that are meme build, become trick shot fights. Not the other way around

Belt does not = go meme build more, it = go meme build less.

But yes, half as strong for meme build, doesn't mean it isn't strong still. It was worth 9ilvls for trick shot, going down to about 4 with the nerf, so it was worth about 5 for you before, it'd be like 2 now, which is still 2 higher than any other trait.

With belt you don't go meme spec on bot, belt empowers trick shot.

Krosus, Augur, Trilliax all clearly Trickshot. Chrono is Trickshot unless your raid team has very low aoe dps then sure, meme can be understandable, outside of that it's just padding for rankings, and botanist again unless your team has shitty aoe dmg and can't handle the 2 adds without it, then yeah go meme but honestly for prog on it if you can trickshot you should, because p3 is just kill it before it kills you.

Skorp ofc meme build but if your team has super aoe dmg, is yours really needed? Wouldn't it be nicer to speed up the fight? Really doesn't matter though.
    Spellblade, yep meme build. I personally still go trickshot on it, cause even on mythic the adds die within 5seconds of spawning for us. So I don't see the point.
    Tich, meme build is great for bat phase and all the adds.
    Elisande adds are important and have to die asap, so meme build is good.
    Gul'dan same as above.

If you have the belt though, fights that are meme build, become trick shot fights. Not the other way around

Belt does not = go meme build more, it = go meme build less.

But yes, half as strong for meme build, doesn't mean it isn't strong still. It was worth 9ilvls for trick shot, going down to about 4 with the nerf, so it was worth about 5 for you before, it'd be like 2 now, which is still 2 higher than any other trait.

I agree with you on everything except for the fact that just because you get the belt means you should all of a sudden abandon meme spec. I've been using belt + meme with great sucess on m botanist and other fights. prior to 7.2, i believe i had a top 20 parse on m bot so its definitely valid.

I agree with you on everything except for the fact that just because you get the belt means you should all of a sudden abandon meme spec. I've been using belt + meme with great sucess on m botanist and other fights. prior to 7.2, i believe i had a top 20 parse on m bot so its definitely valid.
    It's valid but not the best, the entire thing with belt, is that it buffs aimed shot. Which means Trick shot scales massively with it.

The only thing being meme spec has on Botanist that trick shot doesn't have, is more add dmg. If your raid team sucks and can't kill them sure, go Piercing, but if you have the belt, going piercing build only makes you lose power, whereas trick shot build gains it. (for the actual boss dmg)

Quote Originally Posted by drgrain View Post
    We are the ones with the useless trait, Say hello to cheetah trait. gives dodge when we use the aspect, isn't that a great Dps boost?
    I'm talking specifically about the new 4/4 trait, the one most(if not everyone) has by now. That was overtuned. I already said in another post the nerf doesn't take into account any other traits or 4th ranks in older traits, but purely the new 4/4 trait was way over performing for MM compared to others.

Wut? BM got 30k from just their 4/4 trait alone, and fury warriors get like 60k from their golden trait alone.
    See above, this is specifically in relation to the new 4/4 traits so fuck warriors and their golden trait they don't have yet. If thats overperforming relative to others then it'll be hit when the time comes.(when most people are reaching that point)

In the end they'll all be balanced equally give or take. BM has a solid 4/4 but its only about 5k ahead of MMs now, where it was half of MMs yesterday. Survival's is about 18k, 7k or so weaker than MMs. That'll likely get buffed, just because you got hit day1 doesn't mean everyone else is exempt from balance in the next 11 week wait until ToS.

If you read the full hotfix notes you'll see other classes got changed too, its only the first round so slow your roll.

If you read the full hotfix notes you'll see other classes got changed too, its only the first round so slow your roll.
    Misunderstood what you were trying to say, considering in their nerfs they did nerf some golden traits.

Deleted
    ^ This.

Overtuned trait, you all knew it but you got a taste for it and you throw your toys out of the pram now that its taken away. MM is definitely underperforming on ST, I don't dispute that, but thats a problem you fix with general class tuning and not 1 completely over the top trait that gives far more power than any other single classes new traits.

Why take away a trait that is easily accessible (doesn't need too much AP) that did fix our ST problem and give us nothing in return?
    Why not nerf it until a solution has been found?
    Also, what's wrong with the trait being strong, it's not like Rogues n' others didn't have OP traits that were worth like 40+ itemlevels on a relic for several months.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Test realm exists to make sure that shit works. Not that shit works and perfectly balanced, but that shit works. It was the case in all public tests ever, they are here to make sure that things are not borken, that's it.
    Blizz disagrees, at least officially... and well, your whole statement is simply not true (since blueposts suggest otherwise). And no one is talking about perfect balance anyway. So why go all hyperbole on this.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-03-30 at 03:57 PM.

Deleted
    They very rarely revert nerfs like that or buff in hotfixes. We can probably expect some buffs on the 7.2.5 ptr only to be nerfed again on the 7.2.5 release date.

Also I believe this nerf was done without considering that the new 1/1 trait is pure utility (if even that) while other classes (or other hunter specs) get dmg out of it.

Seriously, is there any reason to go MM anymore? BM can do anything MM can do while having full mobility. I would switch in an instant if it weren't for the fucking legendaries.
    Last edited by mmoc2e566de5ba; 2017-03-30 at 03:42 PM.