Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonthar View Post
    How hard would it be to allow Incenerate to be cast while moving? I have no issue with hardcasting Immolate and Chaos Bolt. If they made Incenerate the main generator then I think allowing movement for the cast would greatly help out.
    Not happening, just like they are not allowing ele shaman to have lightning bolt on the move back.

As usual, the only ranged class they want to have mobile DPS are hunter and mage. Frost mage pulling retarded numbers with top 2 damage sources being instant cast spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Warlocks definitely need a baseline interrupt or silence that doesn't require the pet AND allow the felhunter to still also interrupt since if you're destro or demo it's dps loss to use.
    You can flame me if you want but, Warlocks do not need a baseline interrupt. Sure, it would be nice but halfway through xpac isn't when's it'll happen, if ever. Been fine for 13 years in PvP and PVE without a baseline interrupt. Use Fears, MC, pet interrupts...if you are in dire need for an interrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    You can flame me if you want but, Warlocks do not need a baseline interrupt. Sure, it would be nice but halfway through xpac isn't when's it'll happen, if ever. Been fine for 13 years in PvP and PVE without a baseline interrupt. Use Fears, MC, pet interrupts...if you are in dire need for an interrupt.
    That's straight up retarded. It's not been fine for 13 years, because it's just now they've tied the artifacts and specs to a goddamn pet, 2 of the specs which are not interrupts. And in the case of some mobs it's dumb as fuck to use a fear because that can end up aggroing anotehr pack of mobs in a mythic+ environment, causing a wipe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post

Demo:
    *darkglare becomes a permanent pet when talented
    *imps and hounds retain their attacks until used when outside
    *Implosion has imps auto suicide when they expire or mass suicide on button press (cleave talent)
    *dreadstalkers cleave 30%
    *DE castable on the move (watch carefully when mixed with power trip...)
    *axe toss interrupts vs stun immune pvp mobs
    *nudge demonwrath to be more competitive even if it is used 2+ targets.
    I thought the same thing about what you said for Implosion and axe toss.
    But i don't really appreciate your idea with dark glare, we are demo, our main pet should remains the FG in my opinion and that why i really hate talent like GoSupr we do not correspond to our spec at all.

Here is my other ideas:
    *demonwrath should also create an aura around the warlock himself.
    *Hand of Doom must become baseline
    *Doom should also generate automaticaly an Imp if the target die being infected by this dot (=/= impending doom that create imp at each damage). It would be the solution for us to not loose all our damage between each pack in dungeons, we could at least use some of the time that remain on the fresh imps that just appear.
    *delete GoSupr
    *Warlocks should have temporary bonus shard space (so more than 5) for shards being created by some bonus set that are random.
    *Shadowflame should be brought back to aoe version it was before (cone + slow)
    *Shadowy inspiration make also DE castable on the move (yeah i copied you for that one

Darkglare and all guardian summons like doomguard/infernal/grimoire of service pet need to not cost a soul shard.

I would agree on pets that are cooldown not costing a shard. NO other class in the game has this and it will his destro' new resource crunch even harder.

Shadow flame needs the UA treatment and be buffed...no more stacking and even then it's inferior when executed perfectly! I know it's math puts its shard generation equal to D.C. It's numeric gain isn't due to scaling of pets. If they don't buff its damage it needs to be AoE on HoG's radius.

Darglare without the shard cost is fine. Fel guard alone is like a BM hunter...eventually we can have a Hati or a second demon we keep under control. More a fantasy angle but if the shard cost were removed it would be fine from a practical sense. If we are this master summoner and can't hang onto more than a single demon who isn't even that powerful and only otherwise be a bloated imp factory with a pair of dogs (who do nothing but ST damage, as our cooldown it's kind of lame.

For me demo should be the king of ST specs since we are the least mobile, have the longest ramp up, and all our damage is backloaded with any interruptions setting us back further than most. Temp pets are backloaded dots that have zero recapture (UA/drain life, shadowburn, etc) and our actual dot is as backloaded as they come! If that can't overcome bursty mobile damage we have no reason to exist. That is also why a mob that dies with doom on it should refund a shard.

The fact even after better part of a year of this expac, a new reintroduction in 7.2, and a third attempt they cannot get the wrath guard to perform equally to the fel guard...is it that hard or is blizz not trying it's best? In terms of demons I'd rather see grim of superiority be a pit lord who cleaves a big 2h, conal flame breathe, charges (shared cd with interrupt), and can tank on command.

I'd like to see more in demonwrath and as little as shadowbolt does it is keeping demonwrath artificially low damage. Yes an aura around the lock too wouldn't hurt but I can work around that more easily. Per 720-2 sims shadowbolt you spend most of your time casting for 10%'ish damage...there is room for improvement. Especially in conjunction with grimoire of synergy/dbolt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    That's straight up retarded. It's not been fine for 13 years, because it's just now they've tied the artifacts and specs to a goddamn pet, 2 of the specs which are not interrupts. And in the case of some mobs it's dumb as fuck to use a fear because that can end up aggroing anotehr pack of mobs in a mythic+ environment, causing a wipe.
    Yes, cause that one mob that needs to be interrupted would actually leave the pack of mobs before fear breaks... that's never happened in the oodles of m+ I've being as a lock, healer or tank...ever. Affliction isn't tied to a felhunter/observer and would be using an Infernal or DG anyways which stuns or interrupts just fine, Demo has axe toss (tbh I don't run into many demo locks in m+), Destro is same as Affliction for the most parts but can pick up SF to help stop casters. Then all locks have fears. Oh, we'll forget there are three others (not including healers) who 9 out of 10 times can interrupt fine. Keep in mind, I never said it wouldn't be nice to have, just that it's definitely not needed. And mid xpac is never and will never be when Blizz adds a spell to Warlocks arsenal.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wings. I need my green wings back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    I'm just going to point to Hunters... In an age where specs are streamlined, warlocks are the only dps class that needs to do get creative to interrupt. Why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akatama View Post
    I'm just going to point to Hunters... In an age where specs are streamlined, warlocks are the only dps class that needs to do get creative to interrupt. Why?
    Dunno what you consider "creative." I just hit a button and that does the job if needed. =p. Blizz would say it's because of their LolClass Fantasy crapshoot.

from the outside looking it, it seems nobody really wants to play demo.....

surprised demo isnt getting looked at. I'm a special snowflake so right now im trying to gear up as demo(its an alt) and it just amazes me how little info/discussion there is for demo on these forums.

Sacrifice made not useless + gives the caster spell lock
    much Smaller Inferno/Doomguard

I love affliction but I hate pets