Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is demo warlock viable in raids?

Leveling one right now and it's really fun, but does it work well in raids?

Check warcraftlogs or the warlock sub forums?

If you are not raiding top 100 every spec is viable >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    If you are not raiding top 100 every spec is viable >.>
    Naah, a spec that is say 50-100k behind the others is not viable. I wouldn't want anybody playing a spec like that in my raid group and unless you're not pushing higher than normal, most guilds wouldn't either. A spec being 2-5-10-15k below the top dog? That's acceptable and could be deemed viable.

Only casuals and noobs say, that every spec is viable. Demo is doing ok in raids. If you want some mythic+ too, you should maybe pay more attention to affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Naah, a spec that is say 50-100k behind the others is not viable. I wouldn't want anybody playing a spec like that in my raid group and unless you're not pushing higher than normal, most guilds wouldn't either. A spec being 2-5-10-15k below the top dog? That's acceptable and could be deemed viable.
    We do mythic and let people play what they want, every spec is capable of raiding.

We do mythic and let people play what they want, every spec is capable of raiding.
    This is why I said MOST, not all. Every spec might be capable of raiding, but it may not be the best for progression, and as such, it might not be viable.

Also, I don't really think your guild is progressing very fast. <=3/10 M, am I right?
    Last edited by mauserr; 2017-04-01 at 08:54 PM.

This is why I said MOST, not all. Also, I don't really think your guild is progressing very fast. <=3/10 M, am I right?
    And if youre not top 100 it doesnt matter

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would say so. Afflic is currently better and has been for a while, but I think Demo might pull ahead or at least even up with affliction early ToS stages.

This is why I said MOST, not all. Also, I don't really think your guild is progressing very fast. <=3/10 M, am I right?
    5/10, but we've been doing it since vanilla, cleared up through half of Naxx 40 with shadow priests, feral and balance druids, etc, we just prefer people having fun over super fast progression.

5/10, but we've been doing it since vanilla, cleared up through half of Naxx 40 with shadow priests, feral and balance druids, etc, we just prefer people having fun over super fast progression.
    That's besides his point, any guild can clear a raid with a demo warlock. But WHY WOULD you if you're serious and want fast progression, want a demo warlock? There is no reason to want one, they deal worse AOE than Destro, and Affliction rams its **** so hard into demo Starget. Ofc you can kill bosses, but you sure would kill it faster had he gone afflic
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    Never understood this mentality:

All players struggle at something, no matter if pushing for world first or trying to not get kicked for low DPS in normal Skorpyron. Playing a more viable spec will get either player ahead.
    Humans are not robots, someone might perform at 90th percentile as demo but 20 as affli, obviously that means he would do more damage as demo. Not to mention the struggle to reroll this expansion with artifact traits and legendarys. Also the specs require completly different gear.

Every spec warlock,good,check logs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    Never understood this mentality:

All players struggle at something, no matter if pushing for world first or trying to not get kicked for low DPS in normal Skorpyron. Playing a more viable spec will get either player ahead.
    this holds true especially for mythic raiders. if youre raiding mythic and playing bm/mm instead of sv or fire instead of frost youre just holding your raid back. better quit for good, rite?

on a serious note every spec is viable. probably not for world first race or stacking but thats about it. although i enjoy doing high deeps i wouldnt play a specc 9-12 hours a week i dont enjoy. its a game after all and were not getting paid for it.
    also offspecs are a pita in legion due to legs/ap.

This is why I said MOST, not all. Every spec might be capable of raiding, but it may not be the best for progression, and as such, it might not be viable.

Also, I don't really think your guild is progressing very fast. <=3/10 M, am I right?
    your definition of viable is quite off. not everyone raids in a world top 5 guild. feral for example is probably the least desired specc this addon. is it optimal? hell no. is it viable? ferals killed all mythic bosses up to and including gul'dan. hence its obviously viable.
    Last edited by mmoc12739b337f; 2017-04-02 at 12:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Demo warlocks have currently killed 9/10 mythic bosses. Obviously some of the top guilds bring them.

Deleted
    I guess for some people its very strange that people want to have fun with the spec they prefer instead of playing something they might not have fun with.

Deleted
    Play whatever you want. Anyone here who says a spec is not viable, is lying to themselves to feel good about constantly switching specs and/or class to be "top dps lol!". This game is for sagging with friends and trying to co-ordinate 19 other people into scratching their balls at the same time over the internet. Every spec has representation, because every spec is viable.

Demo is certainly viable.

Look at the top warlock parses. Outside of Skorpyron and Elisande, there is a healthy mix of all three at the top. They are all viable right now. Anyone who says otherwise is misinformed.

Viable for sure, but you need to be able to play it well. It is a little tougher than Affliction, but easier than Destro to rock out. And ALWAYS expect changes, Demo gets roller-coastered a lot by the Devs. So you may love it now, but it rarely stays the same.

It is a little fight dependent but not as bad as Destro. Locks are fun and usually always good enough for raid in 2/3 specs always.

If you like it and can make it perform you'll be fine. Logs are nice, but really you don't have to perform at best log levels, because I imagine you entire group doesn't perform at best log levels. If you can be in the top 6ish for your group you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    That's besides his point, any guild can clear a raid with a demo warlock. But WHY WOULD you if you're serious and want fast progression, want a demo warlock? There is no reason to want one, they deal worse AOE than Destro, and Affliction rams its **** so hard into demo Starget. Ofc you can kill bosses, but you sure would kill it faster had he gone afflic
    Because the vast majority of guilds hitting a wall on fights aren't doing so because they're failing DPS checks. Most people that stonewalled at Krosus weren't doing it because they were hitting the enrage, they got stopped because people couldn't handle the mechanics. The hard DPS check on Krosus will stop you from killing the boss, but the interim DPS check for the adds is negligible.

This is the mentality that causes people to fail encounters left and right. Raw DPS numbers are only good if you're executing consistently. If you're pulling top numbers 50% of the time you'd be better off pulling 80% numbers 100% of the time