Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonthar View Post
    I think it would help, but I do not have gear enough to say.
    Are you going to recover from 3,6 mil hit even if it's not an overkill? That's the question. Especially with someone else "sitting" on you and having 3rd NPC shooting 1 mil projectiles. I honestly don't see this as a gear problem. You can argue about DPS perspective (not being able to punch the boss into a certain phase fast enough, etc), but that's basically it.

The difference between dying to a 3,6 mil attack and surviving it is that a healer can top you off if he is quick. It's not the case in solo encounter unless you are blood DK or guardian druid - you don't have means to recuperate your health that fast
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Are you going to recover from 3,6 mil hit even if it's not an overkill? That's the question. Especially with someone else "sitting" on you and having 3rd NPC shooting 1 mil projectiles. I honestly don't see this as a gear problem. You can argue about DPS perspective (not being able to punch the boss into a certain phase fast enough, etc), but that's basically it.

The difference between dying to a 3,6 mil attack and surviving it is that a healer can top you off if he is quick. It's not the case in solo encounter unless you are blood DK or guardian druid - you don't have means to recuperate your health that fast
    Mortal Coil, healthstone and then he will cast an earthquake and drain life. You also have Unending Resolve to help through it all.

894 Fury Warrior, and I can not even kill Agatha do build the damn thing.....

Hmmm......

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    People have already killed it, so much for being impossible huh?
    Exactly. Some do, while others whine and complain. Not saying I will be able to do it yet; I may or may not have the skills to do it in NH gear, but I enjoy a good challenge (I'm at work and won't be able to attempt it for a few hours). I have more respect for the people here who laugh at how far they were from completing it than I do for the ones who are acting all pissed at Blizz because it isn't easy yet. The sense of entitlement runs high these days.

It is proven to be possible. Just because someone can't do it yet does not make it stupid. Thankyou Blizz for giving us something to work toward, and please please please do not let the whiners talk you into nerfing it.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Exactly. Some do, while others whine and complain. Not saying I will be able to do it yet; I may or may not have the skills to do it in NH gear, but I enjoy a good challenge (I'm at work and won't be able to attempt it for a few hours). I have more respect for the people here who laugh at how far they were from completing it than I do for the ones who are acting all pissed at Blizz because it isn't easy yet. The sense of entitlement runs high these days.

It is proven to be possible. Just because someone can't do it yet does not make it stupid. Thankyou Blizz for giving us something to work toward, and please please please do not let the whiners talk you into nerfing it.
    You guys know there are more than one challenge right?

Just because WW's got theirs doesn't mean it is possible for all other specs / roles.

Look at the tanking one, guardians are facerolling it due to the boss hitting them for nothing and having very little hp, meanwhile you got prot pallys you have a boss with 80M+ hp and hits like a truck. And that is just the first guy we have to kill. Don't wanna know how Kruul will go considering he keeps bugging up atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    It's been out for like an hour, so many specs haven't been done yet because it's meant to be a challenge. No one has the gear it's been designed for, the gear it's been designed for is where above average players will complete it, so right now, great players will work towards it and get it eventually, it will take TIME.

It's not a gear carry thing at all yet, because no one is at the level of gear where it would carry them through it yet.

Seriously, trash players blaming your gear for not 1-3 shotting it? Get good, and don't try to take away from other peoples achievements, if they completed it, good on them, they are a good player.
    ^^^^Very much this. Even if I am one of the last on my server to accomplish the challenge, I still support this statement.^^^^

Update, got it as an Arcane Mage. It's SORT OF a dps check, you need to be able to burst down the Runeseer's shield about 10-15 times during the soft enrage. But until then not at all.

909 equipped.

Will upload video.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2017-04-03 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    You guys know there are more than one challenge right?

Just because WW's got theirs doesn't mean it is possible for all other specs / roles.

Look at the tanking one, guardians are facerolling it due to the boss hitting them for nothing and having very little hp, meanwhile you got prot pallys you have a boss with 80M+ hp and hits like a truck. And that is just the first guy we have to kill. Don't wanna know how Kruul will go considering he keeps bugging up atm.
    I'll be attempting it on Prot Pally, VDH, Prot Warrior, and Outlaw Rogue. I don't need it to be easy to have fun with it. If it's harder for prot pallies than bears, it will be more satisfying for prot pallies than bears.

I'm also not overly fussed as I don't expect to use the appearance anyway. I just want to see if and when I can do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Update, got it as an Arcane Mage. It's SORT OF a dps check, you need to be able to burst down the Runeseer's shield about 10-15 times during the soft enrage. But until then not at all.

Will upload video.
    GRATS! Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I threw an attempt at it, comedy.

Is this music you added, or real in-game music?!

Prot pallys have their boss at 80M hp, while guardians have theirs at 40M.
    Tbf, pallys do significantly more dmg and have much better self heal than guardian druids.

I am sort of sad that it does seem to be a game of numbers, I remember killing Kanrethad at 480, way below the threshold of what you were intended to do it at, just with sheer skill and knowledge of the warlock class that I had been playing for an eternity and a half.

This feels like a very arbitrary gear check where skill doesn't come into play until you're absolutely certain that you have an Ilvl high enough that the boss won't kill you while breathing on you. While I feel like it's a challenge in a different way, it feels kind of disingenuous that they compared it to another extremely hard solo boss that was surmountable with skill compensating for raw stats

Tbf, pallys do significantly more dmg and have much better self heal than guardian druids.
    Prot pallies also have several talents they can work in and out to cheese mechanics. I play prot pally more than anything else, so that will be first I attempt it on. I haven't even seen it yet, so my early attempts may be epic fails. But I am looking forward to it.

Yet Guardian druids are the most played tank spec in Legion.

Seems fishy to be honest.

Even prot warriors are getting hit like trucks, and we SUCK against magic damage.

Completed all 3 (affliction, destruction, and demonology) challenges. Will post a short guide momentarily.

Writhing-Kil'jaeden(US) for armory proof

Quote Originally Posted by Writhing View Post
    Completed all 3 (affliction, destruction, and demonology) challenges. Will post a short guide momentarily.

Writhing-Kil'jaeden(US) for armory proof
    Impressive!

Fucking hell, you can't have shit not work half the fucking time and the next time it magically works 100% of the time. Fucking test shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hundor View Post
    894 Fury Warrior, and I can not even kill Agatha do build the damn thing.....

Hmmm......
    Git gud, bruh.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Yet Guardian druids are the most played tank spec in Legion.

Seems fishy to be honest.

Even prot warriors are getting hit like trucks, and we SUCK against magic damage.
    Guardians are the most played, because of the insane defensives they have, that doesn't make their dmg or self heal great. They're so played cause of their super op defensives available, and ability to cheese/solo tank silly things.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I have played alot of overtuned shit in WoW before, this is BEYOND unacceptable. I cannot even begin to make headway as an 890 Elemental or Enhancement Shaman. This is absolute bullshit on all accounts and I am pretty disappointed. This is not a challenge. A challenge is Mythic Gul'Dan or Yogg 0. THIS is straight up timegating/gear checking a challenge. Not even the hardest Brawler's Guild bosses back in MoP or even WoD were like this.
    Oh really ? Then explain why several people managed to do it ? Did they magically bought some time machine and went into the future ?

smh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NightmareG9 View Post
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned Unholy yet, but it took me 2 attempts to get it. You only need to know one thing, take advantage of the many imps and kill them to proc Dark Succor and heal yourself to full over and over.

congrats. This weapon is beautiful

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Oh really ? Then explain why several people managed to do it ? Did they magically bought some time machine and went into the future ?

smh
    Some people just can't accept they're shit.
    Crimea is Ukraine!