Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    does anyone know if the thornstalk items from the druid class hall are still usable in this challenge? I heard they were on release but iunno if that's been fixed

The only way this is worth confirming, is for you to go and do the challenge without the belt and let me know what you think. I would have traded the Ceana Ar helm for that najentus belt any day. I certainly would not want to downplay how effective that belt is, in this challenge.
    While you're correct that I've not done it without the belt I will say two things. Firstly, OF does the vast, vast majority of the damage to the adds. The belt does not allow you to simply WW 'twice' and clear them out. As I said before, WW without the legendary hit for 75% of the damage that they do with the legendary. Higher single target throughput will be much more helpful for ending the fight sooner. However the helm isn't amazing for this anymore, if anything you could use the cape (which I had, but chose not to use, or sephuz which is great for killing adds as the lower gcd during the proc allows you to do more dps in BC than you could with the belt anyway. In hind sight perhaps it might have been a good choice after all). Secondly it's the general consensus among dps warriors that I've spoken to (good warriors that consistently rank well) that the belt doesn't really make the fight that much easier. I'll leave this quote from Archimtiros on the topic:

Naj'entus's Vertebrae seems good, though I don't think I'd recommend it. Done correctly, the strategy revolves around bursting down groups of adds during cooldowns, outside of which you shouldn't need to be Whirlwinding much.
    If you've convinced yourself that you can't complete the challenge because you don't have the right legendaries, you should try to take a more positive attitude because the belt doesn't make as much of a difference as you think it does.

Enrage active, Wrecking ball active, Frothing beserker active and battle cry active
    The belt's contribution to extra WW damage is much lower than WB or BC. Also, again just to be clear, the vast majority of damage on the adds comes from OF. If you're WW down waves of adds then this is a problem with your strategy.
    Last edited by fearmemortals; 2017-04-22 at 08:34 AM.

Did this as Fury at 889 (itlvl was lowered due to using the heirloom Gron trinket, normally around 893) Used the healing bracers and the whirlwind belt. Usual flask, Spiced wildfowl omelet and a rune. Took me roughly 30-40 attempts due to some awful transitions at 50% and a few special moments charging into boulders. Saved my CDs for every pack of umbrial imps, tried to shockwave the group as soon as they spawned and nuked them. Kitted quite a few of the exploding imps around, but if not possible I placed the pools they leave on the edge or as far away from the areas i'd be in. This is no doubt a gear check, you need to do a certain amount of dps to break the shield and kill the adds before you're swarmed, but I don't think 900+ is necessary. Nothing special about my gear, I have the 2 set and that's about it.
    I remember you... In the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by fearmemortals View Post
    If you've convinced yourself that you can't complete the challenge because you don't have the right legendaries, you should try to take a more positive attitude because the belt doesn't make as much of a difference as you think it does.
    I completed the challenge (if you read my post) with bracers and helm (ilvl 900), and i found the challenge quite good/difficult (if i had the belt i would have used it). I read many guides and funny enough they all had that belt and their strategies were not working too well for me. SO instead of quoting me people with ilvl 910+ with the belt used on that challenge, go find a way to redo the challenge without it OR better yet im happy to wait for another post from a fury warr ilvl 895-900ish to respond about their kill who did not use that belt. Then proceed to tell me IF they had that belt, it would have made no impact on completing the challenge.

People seem to think for some reason that ilvl and having the right legendaries have no impact on their dps... anyways i completed without the belt, if people are struggling i left a guide on what i did above. IF i ever get that belt, ill be sure to post a difference in dps on aoe pulls between having it equipped and not having it equipped, if i see ZERO increase in dps, then i guess the belt is not useful on agatha.

GL fellow fury warriors!

Quote Originally Posted by Wengel View Post
    uck me that was intense... i play feral as offspec only (Guardian main).
    After like 30 attempts, i finally managed - 906 equipped, 910 weapon.
    Talents and gear:

Full size image:link
    Are you using a custom interface or does that come prebuilt?

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Sounds like you got hit by a boulder.

Or if its happening by not 1 boulder but during her lower %, is just the amount of synced damage.

Or it could be the Umbral imps.

If you are near the Umbral imps when they teleport they do a slowing ability that also damage for a good 700K on my Fury Warrior, so easy 2mil out of nowhere if you are in between them when they "Relocate"
    This actually makes a lot of sense, as I am right up close to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    This actually makes a lot of sense, as I am right up close to her.
    At the last few % you can get hit by a 2-3mil dmg in less than 2 seconds depending.

Usually its the shadow crash she does cause its now viewable in the effects/panic for like 1.5m.

Her right click for 300k+.

Fel lava for another 300k, each smoldering imp for 300k.

Umbral slow for 700Kx3.

At some bad tries i got killed by all those together in less than 2-3 seconds while being at 80%+ Health.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lévion View Post
    I think to defeat that ugly old hag you need a Combination of Gear and managing your Procs, CDs and resources.

I did it today as a 907 Fire Mage.

[SNIP]
    Do you have any tier set bonuses? I don't have any tier set pieces, so I wonder how much difference it is running without bonuses.

I did it with my unholy dk (904 itemlevel) today. I used Prydaz and Sephuz legendarys. The most important thing was to dot everything instant - epidemic was the key 4 me! 3x epidemic just destroyed the imps (combined with defile) - killed her in the 2nd try today. I had so much wipes (also very close 1-5% try's) in the past because i had problems with much adds in the last 30%. Epidemic handled all adds...and DoS handled the shield so good. I used AotD and BL at ~30-35%....after the teleported away the 2nd time. Good luck to you mates.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    Are you using a custom interface or does that come prebuilt?
    Which part?
    Most of it is just ElvUi and stuff i've then moved around etc.
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

Quote Originally Posted by Teranzil View Post
    Did this as Fury at 889 (itlvl was lowered due to using the heirloom Gron trinket, normally around 893) Used the healing bracers and the whirlwind belt. Usual flask, Spiced wildfowl omelet and a rune. Took me roughly 30-40 attempts due to some awful transitions at 50% and a few special moments charging into boulders. Saved my CDs for every pack of umbrial imps, tried to shockwave the group as soon as they spawned and nuked them. Kitted quite a few of the exploding imps around, but if not possible I placed the pools they leave on the edge or as far away from the areas i'd be in. This is no doubt a gear check, you need to do a certain amount of dps to break the shield and kill the adds before you're swarmed, but I don't think 900+ is necessary. Nothing special about my gear, I have the 2 set and that's about it.
    what was your dps / hps and your kill timer? Do you have any logs or other proof? Because this sounds like you used the command center buffs other wise i just don't see how you had the numbers to complete this honestly.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account

Fire Mage Tips

Ilvl 907 with 47 traits in weapon
    Avg DPS over encounter 577k (much kiting)
    Legendaries DB head and blink chest (you could probably use Prydaz and/or scorch belt as well, but after much experimenting, I found the chest heal too good to pass up, and the breath was just murder on the imps)
    Used PP potions x 2 and Int flask
    Have healing potions. Seriously.

Talents:
    Pyromaniac (you could conflag as well here, but I got really lucky with procs)
    Shimmer (all the blink heals!)
    Mirror Image (sometimes, the fume imps or the healing imps will aggro these guys for a while and buy you time)
    Alex’s Fury (cause helm. If no helm, Flame On is possibly better. However, AF may STILL work well even with the short DB because of the crit hits)
    Ice Ward (buy time buy time buy time)
    Living Bomb (Flame Patch was almost as good for me, but LB did a bit more damage)
    Meteor

Trinkets:
    905 metronome and 895 whispers
    I played with Fury of the Burning sky a bit, but it wasn’t better than Whispers
    Pharamere’s Forbidden Grimoire may be better, but that wasn’t an option for me

Strat:

This fight is about control. In particular, it’s about killing imps as fast as possible, managing procs/CDs, and avoiding as much damage as possible (plague circles, purple circles, rolling rocks, etc)

Imp Order:
    1. Smoldering/Searing: this stacking dot friggin’ hurts!! Don’t let it stack! Even at the end, it can kill you.
    2. Umbral Imps: Agatha takes NO damage while they are up. Neither will her shield. Kill them dead.
    3. Healing Imps: They are mostly annoying. Use Ice Ward to stall them and DB to int their cast. Cleave life.
    4. Fume Imps: When these reach you, they will suicide and leave a patch on the ground. Early on, really focus on killing them to buy yourself space for later. If you have to let them suicide, try to keep them on the edges as much as possible. You can even shield yourself and blink into the goo, then blink out as they pop.
    5. If no imps are up, hit Agatha hard.

Other tips:

A good judge of if you are able to kill her or not is how low is her health when her first shield pops. I suggest you need to be at 68% or less (65% is better). If you can't get there, you are very unlikely to be able to kill her. I did not find lust at the beginning helpful, personally. I wasn't able to get her significantly lower than 65% even with lust up, and it's VERY helpful to get her to clear out of that back room ASAP because there is just so little space there.

I saved Lust for around the 40% mark (when she goes up the hill the first time). It’s fine to use it mostly to kill adds if you are behind. In fact, any time you have combust/MI up, use it, even if it’s to help catch up on adds. You will get through them and get damage on her faster (and take less damage yourself). Make liberal use of that blink chest to keep yourself healthy. Sub 50%, avoid the rolling rocks. Seriously...avoid the rocks. If you absolutely cannot avoid one, ice block immediately, stay there till a blink is up, then drop it and blink. If you get hit again, you’re most likely dead.

Save meteor for her shield. It is nearly enough damage to take out the shield itself (depends if it crits or not). Use Ice Ward to stall any imps headed to her (or you) until her shield is down. Only ever use your interrupt for the Dark Fury cast she is doing. Interrupt her immediately once her shield goes down.

Also, remember that as long as she dies before you die, it's a win! Just make sure she's screaming her death lines when you drop. LOL

Good luck!

Just completed the challenge as fury. My ilvl was 899,6. Used legendary helmet and bracers. My weapon was at 927, 51 traits. Along the often mentioned talents in this thread.
    It took me 1 hour this time after having tried a few weeks ago and reached percentages below 20 rather regularly.

what gave me the last bit i needed was timing the transition to phase 2. i let all adds spawn once again and killed them and then pushed her below 50%. this somehow helped me (propably luck) that she often teleported during her shield automatically stopping her cast. this in return helped me clearing adds on the way back to her.

as she arrived at less than 10% i started to somehow get overwhelmed with adds. but i got back on track by using drums and potions at that moment. the stacks of execute made the rest. pretty easily destroying her last shield as well.

Ele Shaman without Prydaz / Roots:

Char stats:
    • 900 ilvl
    • 4 set
    • 48 traits
    • Whispers and Unstable Arcano 860
    • Legendary Belt and Sephuz
    • Talents: 3112312
    • Flask + Food buff + Pot of prolonged (x2)

Personal gamechanger:
    SPICED WILDFOWL OMELET! 10% Haste and 10% Mov speed on killing an imp (which basically spawn every half minute)

Kill tactic:
    P1:
    On pull: Prepot + EB into LB into SK -> 3x CL off Agatha + EQ until Caster Imps are dead (should be instakilled if you're lucky with procs)
    ST rotation on Agatha until Healer imps come walking in. Knockback one into Agatha and interrupt the other -> Group them up near Agatha -> Stun and CL off Agatha to cleave them dead (+ use Liquid Magma Totem to speed up this process). Place Exploding Imp somewhere convenient meanwhile, or kill it together with the Healer Imps (CL off Exploding Imp).

One minute into the fight she casts Umbral Imps: SK should be off CD -> cleave down Umbral Imps ASAP and do NOT cleave off Agatha as she is immune to damage. If you're unlucky she's immune while doing her cast ability -> Bad luck, focus Imps anyway. Umbral dead -> Pop FE + Hero + 2nd pot and burn her to below 50% asap.

P2 (<50%):
    Try and keep the Healer Imps away as long as possible by using Earthbind + stuns + EQ. Once they get close enough just start CLing off Agatha and they'll die or heal less than the dmg you deal. Dodge boulders (hitbox might be slightly larger than the visual), place exploding imps correctly (might get a bit clutch with boulders, if position is shit use knockback to stop their cast). Repeat until dead.

I killed Agatha with around 1m dps total. With LR build this isn't even too special, and the 10% haste is massive for AoE (CL spam and more ticks on EQ).

General tips:
    • ALWAYS save SK for imp spawn, they're conveniently at 1m markers.
    • Make sure you don't leave caster adds alive when she teleports (killed me on 4% because one of them was sniping me from across the room).
    • Always cleave off Agatha UNLESS Umbral Imps.
    • If many healer imps are up at some point due to kiting use Liquid Magma totem to kill them quickly (clutch cd).
    • DON'T FORGET EARTH ELEMENTAL! Pop around 30% to get a full minute of free casting time and heal yourself up. I use it when health gets low and imps get plenty. Best case scenario earth ele dies when Agatha dies.
    • I ran with Gust for mobility, but given the food buff I'd recommend Ancestral Guidance to get a clutch heal which heals to full with SK aoe burst

Let me know if you have any questions. I went from 15-20 tries without the foodbuff to oneshotting it with the foodbuff from Spiced Wildfowl Omelet, partially due to the practice I already had but also partially to the insane buff to mov speed and haste!
    Last edited by Anonimus; 2017-05-14 at 02:15 PM.

Just completed it as a fire mage after countless attempts, but at least 30, and an item level of 906. No set bonus, and 49 artifact traits.

Legendaries:
    Darckli's Dragonfire Diadem
    Sephuz's secret

Talents:
    Conflagration
    Shimmer
    Mirror Image
    Alexstraza's Fury
    Frenetic Speed
    Unstable Magic
    Meteor

Consumables:
    The Hungry Magister
    Defiled Augment Rune
    Flask of the whispered pact
    Potion of Deadly Grace
    Ancient healing potion

Along with the other advice that I read on this thread, make sure you're actually focusing imps because towards the end I nearly lost due to the imp pools covering the ground. I also made a macro to instantly cancel iceblock so if/when I got hit by her meteors I could dispell the cauterize debuff then use the macro to quickly dispell it which saved my life twice over the course of the fight (/cancelaura Ice Block). At the very end I did tunnel vision a bit because I had 10% health, she had 3%, and there were roughly ten imps up, none of which made her invulnerable. Terrifying, but it ended up working in my favor. Good luck!

Hey everyone, I just managed to complete this challenge as outlaw. It was extremely difficult but I can say it is possible without a 6 buff, raiding gear, or the command center buff as I have heard. After studying some of the rouge kill videos like Pshero, AmorfirionTV, and getting used to an 8 yd radius melee range in Mythic+,
    I was able to squeeze through. It definitely is a tight window, but is doable pre 7.2.5 buff/ToS gear. For buffs, gear and artifact traits I listed below and included a more detailed look at my Relics/spec in the video. Go for Run Through damage relics since they provide the largest finisher damage, which is essential for this encounter.

Buffs used:
    Defiled Augment Rune
    Drums of Fury
    Flask of the Seventh Demon
    Spiced Wildfowl Omelet
    Sylvan Elixir
    Potion of Prolonged Power
    Ancient Healing Potion

Gear (ilvl 903):
    Mantle of the Master Assassin (Legendary bis)
    Kil'Jaeden's Burning Wish (Generic Legendary)
    M+ Drops, no set/tier pieces. (Mythic + gear and nethershard gear)
    1 point in Concordance (52 Artifact traits)

The must have legendary is the Mantle of the Master Assassin, you will need this for burst phases and arguably Kil'Jaeden's Burning Wish Trinket- this will help with the imps. The True Bearing RTB buff will also reset your vanish cooldown so this legendary has a high value for Outlaw. Will of Valeera is ultimately not worth it. It seems nice, but we have an energy problem as Outlaw, so spending it to spam feint at 35 energy is not an option.

Using vanish to bust down her shield or adds is key, I found saving the trinket for imps worked best but this fight requires on the fly decisions as Outlaw. I recommend immediately coming off her when you see the triple add spawn (she raises her hands up and shadowy orbs fall to the ground, indicating where the imps will be) to kill the umbral and smoldering imps, you can tell where they are going to spawn. For Fuming Imps, position yourself on the opposite side of it's spawn in relation to Agatha, then begin kiting in a circle around her and it will chase you but never start the explosion cast. On Imp Servants, I would always try to Gouge one and Kick/Arcane Torrent/Between the eyes combo. This will cause them to melee you and you can then bring them under Agatha for better cleave once the other adds spawn and stops their healing. Careful not to kick Imps if she is casting dark fury and you do not have cloak/leech buff(grand melee RTB). Try not to overlap offensive CDs or you will find yourself behind when she spawns more imps. Ideally save vanish for her shield coming up and trinket-DFA/Run Through the adds. You can try Vigor for a more steady run but there will be times when having the extra damage from deeper stratagem is unmatched. I tried both, and preferred deeper stratagem.

Good luck, and I hope this helps others with completing challenge.

Completed as 900 Fury Warrior
    Gear and Legendaries:
    - Sephuz's and Rethu's
    - 885 Scorpid Claw and 865 Draught
    - 4 piece set
    - 920 / 49 trait artifact

Talents:

Consumables:
    - Spiced Wildfowl Omelet
    - Flask of Countless Armies
    - Sylvan Elixir
    - Potion of Old War
    - Drums of Fury

Nothing special I can add that hasn't been said yet. For me Avatar didn't feel as strong as Wrecking Ball. If it procced even once during Umbral Imp spawns, your combined BC + OF + proc made clearing imps easy. I let most of the fuming imps explode on the side and poked em right before explosion for War Machine. Fear every other pair of healer imps, they bug out very consistently and just stop healing. I mostly used Draught on CD, unless her Dark Fury was coming up soon. During P2 slowing the imps with Piercing Howl worked wonderfully. I had to take some time off Agatha during P2 to clean up healers when they caught up to her, but usually they were cleared with Umbral Imp spawns.

During P2 you can explode the imps on the right side of the platform you're standing on. There's a small ramp used for getting up from the green goop, but you can lead the imps there, so they'll cover very little space with their own goop.

Deleted

902 feral

Completed as 902 Feral Druid
    Gear and Legendaries:
    - Bracers and Boots
    - 895 Foci and 890 Terrorbound Nexus
    - 4 piece set
    - 50 Wep traits

Talents:

Consumables:
    - Versatility Food
    - Flask of Seventh Demon
    - Potion of Old War or Prolonged
    - Drums of Fury , actually when i killed her i didnt have any left to use.

Also i was trying to do it with COF 875 with socket and FOCI but didnt work for me , Terro is too good for this after all.