Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Will this continue to be open for attempts? I thought I read that you only had 3 days

You can make attempts while the Mage Tower is active (3 days before the Legion destroys it).
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did it with ilvl 893 and bracer + waist. Granted Gronntooth War Horn brought me down 5 ilvls.

Quote Originally Posted by Elo View Post
    Did it with ilvl 893 and bracer + waist. Granted Gronntooth War Horn brought me down 5 ilvls.
    How effective would you say the GWH was? I saw on the armory some folks have that in their activity feed just before getting the achievement for the new appearance.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

So I did it finally with KJ +WW belt, one tip. You NEED mammoths milk if you dont have prydaz/bracers. Go grab 20 from highmountain, helps a ton.

909 equipped 42 traits, sadly I do not have prydaz or the healing bracers and I'm pretty consistently dying a very slow, slow death around 20%. I'm around 150 attempts in and I feel like my play up until the point I'm dying is very clean. Not sure I can min max my cool downs ect too much more efficiently.

For now the most effective for me has been running my angry hat and WW belt and AOE trinkets. I've tried variations of Doubletime + Furious charge and Shockwave + Warpaint, and both talent choices result in about the same result.

Don't get me wrong I'm really enjoying the challenge of it so far and I get that while I'm up there in gear level I understand it's likely tuned around the next tier of content, but I will say that I'm a bit, bothered, by the fact that two utility legendary items I don't have equals a win in a lot of other reported cases. There was a youtube video of a guy I came across who did wit with prydaz and the bracers and well his play was pretty sloppy at a few points but was still able to defeat it. /endrant
    Last edited by InfiniteWeird; 2017-04-05 at 11:17 PM.

wouldnt bother to try if you can't kill the servants and all other adds within one OF and one or two WWs tbh, you'll lose too much time and damage on the boss and she just keeps on healing up. I think with the new OF trait it will be possible for people with lower gear around 895 and without heal legos.

Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post
    How effective would you say the GWH was? I saw on the armory some folks have that in their activity feed just before getting the achievement for the new appearance.
    how would it be in their feed? according to the wowhead page they were removed from the drop tables when legion launched
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomlink View Post
    how would it be in their feed? according to the wowhead page they were removed from the drop tables when legion launched
    It shows up in your feed when you create it from the heirloom tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post
    I'd say it was very effective. Since everything's a demon the 10 % bonus works on everything, and with all the adds around you can extend the duration of the buff by a lot. But I mainly used it because I don't really have any other trinkets than CoF and DoS, and I found those 2 to be quite bad for the boss.

I dont have any AOE trinkets and im SUPER close to having enough DPS for it I just start to get overwhelmed after about 20%. So another 10% dps probably would help a lot. Going to give the milk and that trinket a shot. I have bracers and prydaz but my AOE dps is just a touch low to get everyone down fast enough. Im 899 ilvl. I feel even at 905 I probably would be fine.

Deleted
    I made with using "accidently" the wrong talents, so your tipycall raidbuild exept for war machine. Used Spiced Wildfowl Omelet, the Accoundbound trinket, Prydaz and Sephuz. Since i forgot to switch talents i just tunneled the boss exept for when the Umbral Imps spawned. Was kind of suprised how much easier it was for me this way compared to the tactics suggested in most videos.

Did it today after around 50 tries experimentating with different talent builds, trinket, legendaries. on what i ended with were bracers+belt, shockwave, wrecking ball, furious charge but its definitely achievable with avatar also. had no problem with healing tbh ( a lot was due to wrists, but i didnt get to use enraged regen, health pot or commanding shout at all). where i found the big difference was the trinkets used. Terrorbound Nexus is OP at this fight, dealt around 30M for me on the fight ( around 7% of my total dps). Impact tremor (the trinket from the WQ on suramar menagearie) may also be useful if you don't have the belt since it helps somewhat with the dmg on the imps but it may require really high skill to be played well on the phase 2. Tried the Crystaline Skorpid, but wasn't good, since it only dps the targets in front of you which is not the case on this fight. CoF may be good with good procs but i found it unreliable. DoS requires you to be stationary and although i watched and heard people killing agatha, i found it hard to be used on phase 2 while also i found it requiring you to have CoF equipped as well, in order to get a chance to link DoS with Battle Cry. If you cant link DoS with BC then it's not worth the one trinket slot imo. The trinkets i chose where terrorbound nexus and horn of valor ( found it a strong boost since it increased my dmg to imps on avg, but also allowed me to dodge the worst situation of having 2 healing imps, all the small ones, and agatha on shield casting dark fury which 9/10 times may prove lethal). For food i used bear tartare, since mobility on this fight is much more important than a small dps gain( haven't tried tho the omelet, it may actually be better) and used hero at start since, you can deal the most dps out of any occasion on that phase. A few more info about me: 907 ilvl worgen ( darkflight was really useful on dodging some rocks but i guess blood elves are better with 2x interrupt), 43 traits with golden one ( really helpful dmg and healing wise tho it never proced the heal effect on me xD )

Fight Stats:

Dmg done: 476.19M (867k dps)
    Dmg taken: 45.11M (82k dtps)
    Healing done: 42.16M (76.8k hps)

Now on to some tips:

1) Had a hard part perfecting the priorities on the fight (took over 10 tries for that) but i ended up with somewhat like:
    umbral imps > smoldering imps > fuming imps >= agatha shield ( when she casts dark fury) >= healing imps
    Umbral imps for well understandable reason are first target. Smoldering ones i found were dealing much more dmg than dark fury if left unchecked so i had to switch them immediately after umbral. Then i spend quite some time trying to prio breaking the shield for interrupt over fuming which i let explode, but i realized that fuming exploding on central places was much worse than getting downed for another 300k health so i had to either kill them with the help of intimidating shout or shockwave, to stop the cast and get a bit more time, or lead them to a corner where i wouldn't care if they placed a plague there. then being left with only agatha shielded and healing imps, i was doing cleave rotation with main target agatha till she gets interrupted, then switch to healing ones. That was the whole plan in a bad RNG imp placing scenario, since if everything is stacked to begin with, you can OF + WW and cleave everything which is by far the best.

2) the hard part on the fight is not its dps check/need, raw power or ilvl. Of course those help, but the actually hard part of the fight is the priority dps on imps and execution. Just to give an example, had fights that i had 580M dmg done and agatha was on 40% and tries that i had like 270M and she was on 30%. That means that people should not worry about their dps that much as they should about how they play the fight. If skada or looking at unit frames makes you anxious, feel free to deactivate them. Trust me, it will help. Also, do not get demotivated from mistakes on phase 1, playing the phase 1 perfectly ofc helps, but its not the end of the world, if you have bad plague placements or taken more time to do it. The fight is long and you will still have chances of completing it even with a not so clear phase 1.

3) It goes without saying, but after a boulder falls, you can go to the lane it fell and sit there since there wont be another one there in the next 10 seconds. The boulder phase may be kinda tricky at start, and may take some time/tries to get used to it, but if you have in mind going where the boulder fell, you will start solving it a bit faster. also NEVER camera focus/tunnelvision on targets on phase 2 for obvious reasons. you should always be checking the direction the boulders are coming from. Also since the actual hitbox of the boulders is a bit weird, try to get as far away as possible from them.

4) as everyone said, always hold battle cry+avatar+trinket+ w/e cd you have for the imps phase and DON'T try to use them to burst agatha. The time you will save by bursting her is neglectable in comparison to taking time to burst down imps leading to stacking phases together which is lethal most of the times ( had around 5 tries wiping on 3-8% because i thought i could burst her with cd's and then imps spawned or tried to do that earlier and didnt have cd's for imps, DON'T do that too, play it safely).

5) when about to burst the imps with cd's better wait for umbral to do their first Teleport. This will save you from potential dps losses on OF getting dodged by umbral, while also give time to healing imps to reach agatha so they get cleaved too, thus lengthening the window you have to dps the boss. While waiting try to cleave as much without cd's and position yourself the best you can towards the center.

6) On phase 1, the first time it spawns healing imps it spawn a fuming one too. The moment the fuming spawns use piercing howl and charge to the 1 healing imp, interrupt it and move to the other one. That way you have 3 targets to stun with shockwave, while being able to utlize better WW with Wrecking ball and getting the time you need to nuke the fuming before it explodes.

7) On phase 1, if you find yourself lacking the dps to burst down fuming imps, lead them to a corner and make them explode there, thus freeing some of the space where the actual fight happens.

8) On phase 2, when all the imps spawn in the top platform, try to position yourself the closest you can to the center of agatha's target circle. By pressing OF from there you are verified to hit every target possible there. In the bottom platform, prioritise your positioning to be that so you can hit every umbral+smoldering+fuming, no need to try to cleave the healing ones together, since lots of times it may lead to having 1 or 2 full health umbral imps that didnt get cleaved resulting into an unfavorable and potentially lethal position.

Some final comments, i found the fight to be really hard for fury warriors. The first 30 tries i did, were without optimized gear-legendaries-talents and without 4th golden trait. Had a really hard time pushing it through without Terrorbound Nexus and 4th Golden trait but it was still possible ( had a lucky 5% try when i didn't even use BL/hero, but i wasn't able to replicate it, thus i said it was because of luck). The especially hard thing for us as fury warrs, is the small hitbox the imps have, making it really hard to cleave them all together in contrast with other AoE classes like UH DK's for example. Our advantage, which is the mobility we have, plays little to no role in the actual fight thus it is more or less nullified, while having to constantly target change from agatha to imps to other imps and back to agatha, creates some dps peaks and drops, with the peaks being our average dps which is not especially high to begin with, rendering us a bit weaker as well. Finally, i found great help checking fury warr POV's on the fight in order to see how others solved it. Just remember tho, that the video you watch is 10 mins from 2-5 hours of tries, so don't get discouraged by the difference in performance (this may be extremely frustrating if you are wiping 30 times straight and you watch a 10min video of someone downing it). Sorry for the wall of text and my english ( not my native language) and in hopes it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Exzes View Post
    I made with using "accidently" the wrong talents, so your tipycall raidbuild exept for war machine. Used Spiced Wildfowl Omelet, the Accoundbound trinket, Prydaz and Sephuz. Since i forgot to switch talents i just tunneled the boss exept for when the Umbral Imps spawned. Was kind of suprised how much easier it was for me this way compared to the tactics suggested in most videos.
    In Archi's guide he uses Avatar and I would have to agree with this. It will help your burst during BC with OF for the large groups. 20% is big.

Edit: When we get death and glory (final gold trait) I think just about anyone over 900 Ilvl will be able to easily do this scenario.

Killed her at 897 with Pridaz and the WW belt, I used "/timer" to know when the imps would pop (every minutes) haha

Video of the kill youtu.be/YrLnLFT58cQ?t=2m30s (You also can see that she blocked one of my pummel in p1... Otherwise I think I got lucky to dont get hit by boulders when my camera wasn't looking at where they come from).

I ignored the fuming imp (made them stacks as much as possible for their explosion). And as I am really bad for the uphill phases, I used lust the first time and an old war the second time she goes uphill.

If my timer is 12 to 10sec before the minute (so before she summons all her adds), I can just fear the healing adds as they'll be back on time for my BC OF.

I killed a healer imp here and there to get the war machine proc.

Deleted
    I did it at 903 equipped with Leg Belt and Boots (had no other suitable leg).
    No healing Trinket or the Gronntooth thing, as I did not play in WoD.

I wrote a detailed strat which absolutely always allowed me to reach P2 if executed correctly. It is in the other thread about Mage Tower.