4 30.77%
  • 31-50

2 15.38%
  • >50

3 23.08%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Disc] Mage Tower Challenge

I finally got my Disc challenge appearance!!!
    Im 902ilv and 41 artifact levels on my weapon right now, and followed Carl guide: .

It took me around 40-50 attempts to actually do it. I was falling behind when the boss start summoning 4 eggs on the earthquake.

How many attempts took for u guys?

About 40 attempts for me at 896 iLevel.

40 attempts at 3900 cost of nethershards? o_0

Deleted
    Took me around 15 attempts, found some Weak Auras that helped a lot with the worms interrupt. Thew new golden trait will make it a bit easier when you unlock it!

I'd really love to see any logs you guys can collect, literally just got hit by a 7 million fel burst, it killed me through Pain sup, Focused Will and Power Word: Shield. I'm so done with this bullshit.

http://imgur.com/a/u1l0w

Fel Burst hit You 2975641 Fire. (759694 Absorbed) (327763 Overkill).

4 / 0,6 (just pain sup) = 6.7 mil.
    Last edited by Numiro; 2017-04-23 at 01:59 PM.

The damage of the abilits get increase the logner the fight goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    The damage of the abilits get increase the logner the fight goes on.
    I has the impression that the dmg scaled with the boss health, but as my dps did not vary too much between attempts it could be scaling by time, im not really sure

Quote Originally Posted by Iatros View Post
    I has the impression that the dmg scaled with the boss health, but as my dps did not vary too much between attempts it could be scaling by time, im not really sure
    I did notice myself if my dps was low the dmg of his abilities increae over the time. And i think someone else mention it in some other thread also

An easy way to make this challenge easier is to run a random heroic dungeon and never cast Light's Wrath to bank the proc. I've found that over three tries I consistently got two procs in the fight (one at start, and another about 2-3 mins in). Darkmoon deck: Promises was also very good and an easy and (relatively) cheap item if you don't have it already. I've done this challenge at ilvl ~902 with none of the new traits.

I just did it as 899 disc with 870 metronome/ darkmoon deck and talents wise - 3/3/2/3/2/3/1. no weapon procs. Legos - prydaz and helm cause it has good stats and my other legos are holy. While I thought it was stupid challenge overall being so dps heavy, it was hardest across 4 healers I did so far and definitely most satisfying to complete.

I've always interrupted his earthquake instead and ate the fel bursts except for the one at the end which was sketchy so I opted to interrupt that and killed him while he was doing his next earthquake. This way Halo gets kind of useless, but allows you to focus damage into the boss instead.

Most of the guides I've seen dont use schism which I though was surprising since I felt that this was what made difference for me - didnt use twist of fate cause I'm too cowardly for that risky of a play. Power infusion was helpful actually.

I made it in 5 attempts, one-shot it as soon as I realized I can use Fade to get 10% damage reduction (Disc is my offspec), as well as the Masochism talent for another 10% damage reduction.

Interrupt Earthquake only until very late, where the next Fel Burst will one-shot you, and you don't have Barrier or Suppression left. Go with Schism / PI / DPS gear (high crit/haste) to make it easier. It's a DPS check, not much else. You can stay topped with just a Shadowmend every few sec to keep 10% DR, and Atonement active. Make sure to use drums as well. Also maximize your dps by moving with Penance during the worm's charges.

For legendaries I'd recommend Prydaz & Sephuz, or the Smite Belt.

All this said, though, I was 912 equipped so it was a great deal easier for me. Still a fun challenge!

Deleted
    Did it with 898 or something.

To counter his High Damage the lower he gets part i went with a stamina flask, as much as possible versatiliy (sat at 5.01% damage reduction). With Machosism, PW:S and Fade (4 traits = 13%) + the 5% from versatility and the stamina flask i managed to eat fel bursts. I did use Prydaz and used Fade when my prydaz shield got eaten.

Below 30% i started using Pain Supression / Barrier and at this point i still kept interupting earthquake till i had both Barrier and PS on cd and no prydaz shield. By that time he was around 10%, i didnt bother with interupting earthquake's (free DPS) and went with interupting fel burst.

Once the cow dies, than its a sure kill, that worm is not a challenge.

Rough stats:
    My Healthpool was around 3.8Mil.
    Versatility damage reduction around 5%
    Legendary used, Prydaz + Holy Bracers (0.94 sec smites)
    Trinkets: Elisandra's (was very helpfull) + Darkmoon
    Consumables per Run: Fishbrul (spelling), 2xprolonged power, runes and Drums.

I have yet to see someone do this without Prydaz. Been searching on YouTube. Every guide I've come across they had Prydaz.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I have yet to see someone do this without Prydaz. Been searching on YouTube. Every guide I've come across they had Prydaz.
    I did it with Norgannon and Skodjr.

Initially tried all the common strats that people suggested and it didn't work for me. I started with the methodical method with these Masochism/Fade/Fear/Barrier/PainSup rotation and failed horribly. Then I just tried going ToF, eating fel burst, and just going full DPS and I ended downing him first try with this method.

Trinkets...I used Nether Anti-Toxin + Vers stat stick. Probably could've used other trinkets but I like the vers.

Deleted
    Took me about 5 attempts IIRC, I did no research and just yolo'd my way through it, first attempt I got rekt almost immediately. 2nd attempt I figured out the mechanics. 3rd attempt to adjust talents and gear. 4th attempt went oom. 5th attempt did it

EDIT for the post above me; no prydaz. I was using belt and Muzes. My overall goal was to just kill it before it got dangerous.

Deleted
    disc was my 3rd specc but i made it my 2nd because i love the skin. i had around 903 ilevel, shadow shoulders + sephuz, weapon didnt have the new golden trait yet and was 899 ilevel.
    ~50 attempts overall. i did around 40 attempts, but i was getting oom, so i bought darkmoon trinket and was lucky and got sephuz, afterwards i was succesful after 10 tries.
    sephuz helped a lot, higher weapon would have helped a ton. i was going oom, so trinket was nice.
    i think prydaz would make it very easy, prydaz + sephuz are probably one of the best combos on this fight.

Agreed with posters just above, prydaz is not necessary. I used Sephuz and holy wrist legendary for faster smites.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I did it without Prydaz (since I don't have that one) - and used Sephuz and Norgannon's instead.

OT: Took me roughly 15-20 attempts I think. Ilvl was 889.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-06-12 at 12:08 AM.

Only took me 1 attempt. I also love how the staff has the little holy light affects its a very unique appearance unlike some challenge appearances.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

It took me about 30 attempts at around 915 ilvl. It was not too bad just a lot of mess ups on my part.