Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    EDIT: Also, according to the mathy types over at Reddit, Leger's Disdain DOES require you to actually generate the essence to get a damage boost, and is thus kinda garbage for anything other than Singularity Skellmages.
    As i expected. Well, since there's also a new blog post telling us Necro will be released soon, i'll wait for the price tag.

If it's anything over 15$, i'll just keep playing yo-kai watch and PoE. Seasons are no more my thing unfortunately, i get to GR70 in no time and i lose all interest immediately.

EDIT: i may buy the Necro to play the story but that's it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly I have to agree... My price range drops by the day. Right now, I'm not looking to spend more than £15 on it... Especially as the more I look at it, the more likely it seems that my Generator build is kinda going to suck.

Between Marvel Heroes, PoE and Swtor... I can't see D3 holding my attention for long enough that anything about £15 is worth spending.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

the new blog post actually triggers me. How many times have they stated what's in the necro pack? Did they really need to make ANOTHER one repeating the same crap without even giving a price?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    the new blog post actually triggers me. How many times have they stated what's in the necro pack? Did they really need to make ANOTHER one repeating the same crap without even giving a price?
    I'm worried that the reason why they keep holding off on giving people any idea as to what the price is gonna be, and why they keep doing this whole "DID WE MENTION LATELY HOW MUCH COOL STUFF COMES WITH THE NECROMANCER PACK??" thing, is because they already know what they plan on charging for it, and are worried that players are not gonna be happy about. Which isn't a good sign....

Personally, I enjoyed the Necromancer enough that I'll probably pay whatever it ends up being (albeit not happily), but I do really want the Necromancer Pack to be successful, both so we might possibly see other classes added to the game eventually, and to hopefully put more money and development into D3 in general.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Basically this. I mean, why was this needed. To create more hype on a thing whose hype is already dwindling before release? Even streamers have basically stopped doing videos for now since a) we need it live to truly test it and b) there's actually not much to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    I do really want the Necromancer Pack to be successful, both so we might possibly see other classes added to the game eventually, and to hopefully put more money and development into D3 in general.
    So do i - but this money needs to be put in new content and not only classes otherwise it won't change a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, no... This one was different! It had... erm... It showed...

Ah!

This update showed what the pet we get will look like, we hadn't seen that before right? So that's new.

Not really worth a whole social media campaign... But it's something.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

well they can blog all they want. tey took necro down to "scour data and make changes". Hopefully they make big ones because as it stands, there is only one viable 70+ build that is used to 2 sets. the same fucking build essentially.

command skeletons whenever it falls off. spam mages and bone armor. hope that your mage stacks dont fall, your bone armor stacks dotn fall, your decrepify doesnt fall, your set piece DR stacks dont fall. stacks everywhere. playing necro at this point is annoying skele mage spam which feels clunky and unfun

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    well they can blog all they want. tey took necro down to "scour data and make changes". Hopefully they make big ones because as it stands, there is only one viable 70+ build that is used to 2 sets. the same fucking build essentially.

command skeletons whenever it falls off. spam mages and bone armor. hope that your mage stacks dont fall, your bone armor stacks dotn fall, your decrepify doesnt fall, your set piece DR stacks dont fall. stacks everywhere. playing necro at this point is annoying skele mage spam which feels clunky and unfun
    Well, given how my original build was like that and given how skellymancer is maybe the most iconic necro build (personal opinion here, everyone has a favourite build) that doesn't bother me much.

Anyway the issue is real. They did a good job on sets making them more generic so you can fit the skills you like more and choose a theme instead of a playstyle, but some synergies are way too strong to pass over.

And the point is always the same: fucking GRs. Being this infintely scaling content, the only gemplay they promote is to find the most OP combo so you can climb more. While it's not mandatory (it counts only for ladders which are ignored by most players - last seasons you could get a spot completeing levels quite behind the true potential of some builds) it's literally the only thing to do. You can create another char, but you'll do the same in a very short time so why bother. Also why bother doing that since the only reward is a +5 mainstat and your gear while definitely not perfect, has zero space for options and it's basically fine already because you only need +1 or +2 versions of the same item.

The idea of a pet build is iconic to the class and should be a thing. This is true. But skele mages are annoying spamming to keep pets instead fo actually fighting with your pets. Not to mention how annoying it can be to even get them to cast.

The big issue is diversity of build. The only sets that can push past 70 without huge amounts of paragon or overleveled gems are rathma (pet set) and inarius (bone armor set). As primals are locked at 70 that is an issue all by itself. But the fact that both sets use the same essential build is also a problem. Grs suck and I understand not every build can push. But every SET should at least be able to hit 70 and the builds supporting the sets should be diverse. But everything is mages.

They would have done far better to make sure the sets are actually diverse by using the set bonuses. you dont see a sunwuko pets build, you dont see an impale marauder. They have a great base but need to diversify.

Traghoul focuses on health spent and healing done to self. good niche and pushes blood rush. This would fit well for a fast moving no pet build with spenders.
    Rathma is the pet set, put 30 second mages on the dam thing and be done with it or make it interesting like mages drain your essence to stay alive.
    Inarius is being used just like rath atm. Needs some melee bonus to it, turn it into the generator no pet build.
    Pestilence is all about the corpse. Screw it, every devoured corpse should revive, if revives are full it should explode, lance or explode based on enemies in range.

Diversity is my point, the pet build right now doesn't feel like a iconic pet build. it feels like an annoying fight to spam to keep mages alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Inarius is being used just like rath atm. Needs some melee bonus to it, turn it into the generator no pet build.
    I still think the best thing they could do for Inarius is change the 2pc bonus from 1000% Bone Armour damage to 1000% Grim Scythe/Generator damage.

Then maybe change the 4pc to something similar to the Stand Alone passive, so it rewards you for NOT using pets.

I still think the best thing they could do for Inarius is change the 2pc bonus from 1000% Bone Armour damage to 1000% Grim Scythe/Generator damage.

Then maybe change the 4pc to something similar to the Stand Alone passive, so it rewards you for NOT using pets.
    That would basically break the best thing about the set - that you can fit multiple playstyles in it. They should fix skeletal mages and command skeletons instead.

EDIT: or better, some legendary powers have a too great synergy imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at the last few replies here, I am both sad and happy.

I am glad I didn't invest myself into theorycrafting as I want it to feel fresh and new once it comes out, but people here are making pretty negative comments so I am not sure anymore.

However I am not into Rift pushing, I am looking forward to Necromancer's point of view when it comes to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Looking at the last few replies here, I am both sad and happy.

I am glad I didn't invest myself into theorycrafting as I want it to feel fresh and new once it comes out, but people here are making pretty negative comments so I am not sure anymore.

However I am not into Rift pushing, I am looking forward to Necromancer's point of view when it comes to the story.
    Well, story mode should be fun to play again with new dialogues and a new pov.

As for the rest of the stuff, playing for fun with builds you find entertaining always works and you shouldn't find any issue with Necro or the game in general. The point is that for most seasonsed players the game structure has become really stale (not being this exciting at start anyway) and the structure itself is waht actually make choice in builds narrower over time.

Example: you play your fun build and get the items you want (not necessarily perfect) - given a free set in season you may just opt for that or farm for another - but that doesn't take much time. Getting up to T10 is easy as you start blending GRs and get your legendary gems. GRs are the best source of XP, loot and also the only option to upgrade your gems, so naturally you would stick to that.
    You will find the point where your non-optimized build struggles to clear stuff. You either stop there or swap to a better build like anyone else clearing higher levels for those slightly higher xp% and chance to upgrade your gems.
    Either way, you've already done everything that is in game to do, it took 2 weeks top going very slow, and basically you have no reason whatsoever to even try climbing GRs, least of all ladders.

That's the problem currently. Also since it's been like this for a long time, everyone has basically given up on anything - challenge rifts may prove to be cool but the complete lack of decent rewards (you can get a 1 time cache of gold/materials roughly equivalent to a full bounty run) will make people just not bother with them i suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    That would basically break the best thing about the set - that you can fit multiple playstyles in it.
    Yeah, that's true... Maybe make it 1000% increase Bone Armor AND Generator damage, leave the 4pc as it is.

That way, it basically changes nothing for the build, it just slightly boosts the "melee" concept, which the set is based around.

Yeah, that's true... Maybe make it 1000% increase Bone Armor AND Generator damage, leave the 4pc as it is.

That way, it basically changes nothing for the build, it just slightly boosts the "melee" concept, which the set is based around.
    Ok, that would work definitely better. Especially since from what i've seen everyone runs Devour for essence and generators are actually not that used. On another note, i'm tinkering with a Blood Nova build with blood set. Dunno how it can do but looks solid on paper (needs obvious testing for survivability and dps output).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok, that would work definitely better. Especially since from what i've seen everyone runs Devour for essence and generators are actually not that used.
    I think so. I mean it wouldn't be broken strong, but it would certainly improve the viability of the build.

7+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Necro build that is the most appealing to me for now is meleemancer tank. Sadly it's not supported by any set and I have no idea if legacy of nightmares would be viable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Necro build that is the most appealing to me for now is meleemancer tank. Sadly it's not supported by any set and I have no idea if legacy of nightmares would be viable.
    Isnt Inarius built for Melee tank? That's the build I've been going for and it looks alright.

7+ Year Old Account
    Season 10 End & Season 11 Start Dates

Season 10 will be ending on the following dates and times:

North America: Friday, June 23 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
    Europe: Friday, June 23 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
    Asia: Friday, June 23 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

Season 11 will begin about four weeks afterward on the below dates:

North America: Thursday, July 20 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
    Europe: Thursday, July 20 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
    Asia: Thursday, July 20 @ 5:00 p.m. KST